“Great”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Ontario, California
“Great”
Reviewed 5 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I've tried just about any hot empanada and they are all great, even the spinach/cheese.
I would suggest always carrying-out and call about 10-15 minutes out for them to have your order ready.
my only complaint is they are a bit conservative with the chimichurri sauce allowance.

Visited February 2014

San Diego, California
“Great Find in Chino!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was in Chino for the weekend recently and when I yelped a place close to my hotel for a quick dinner, Empanadas To Go came up with great reviews so I was game. Upon entering the store, I wasn't sure what to expect but I was surprised to see how small ETG was. Everyone seems to order take out, but there are a couple of chairs outside if you want to dig in right away.

Per the other yelpers' suggestions, the bf and I got several empanadas to share: spicy chicken, spicy beef, croilla, steak & cheese, and pumpkin. Spicy chicken was my favorite and I could have eaten another 5 of those. Croilla was my the boy's favorite. I thought it was just ok but that's mainly because the raisins threw me off. It was savory but each bite with raisins was sweet and I wasn't in the mood for the sweet and savory mix I guess. The spicy beef was pretty good and the steak & cheese was just ok. The green dipping sauce was amazing! Super garlicky, super delicious. The pumpkin was the single sweet empanada we got and it was disappointing. It seemed like it was literally just pumpkin puree and cinnamon and I can make that at home.

The empanadas are pretty small so I'd say an average person would have to eat 3 or more to make up a meal. When I saw the size, I wished I had gotten a few more but I didn't want to drive back. Yes, I'm lazy. It had been a really long day and I was tired.

Anyway, the empanadas were overall great (minus the pumpkin) and if I lived close by, I'd definitely be back for more. I would try the pizza too. I saw other people getting pizzas so I'm guessing they must be pretty good.

• Visited September 2013
“Delicious Savory and Sweet Empanadas”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

This little shop produces a wide variety of savory and sweet empanadas. Two, as the cashier said, will fill you up. We ordered the steak and cheese, 5 cheese, veggie, pumpkin, sweet potato, and dulce de leche empanadas and asked for them to be fried. Our friend ordered a variety of the mini-empanadas. While we were waiting (about 5 minutes for fried and 10 minutes for baked empanadas), we were more and more tempted by the container of pastries on the counter. A steady stream of customers new and old came in. One told his son to select some pastries for the boy's mother, saying that they were her favorites. We ended up buying some for the next day's breakfast. When we got our empanadas, we took them to one of the patio tables in a small gated area on the side of the building. They were all wonderful, not greasy at all, and for the size and quality of the fillings, very reasonably priced. Care was taken in packaging them; four small holes were punched into the top of each container of empanadas. The chimichurri sauce for the savory empanadas was excellent. The cashier was efficient, friendly, and helpful. The shop is tiny, with two chairs for waiting next to a refrigerated case of drinks. We also bought a container of pear juice, hoping that it would not be thin, but it was very good. We'll will definitely stop by the next time we are in Chino.

• Visited August 2013
“Great Empanadas, but to go only”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

It is difficult to resist these great tasting Argentine-style Empanadas, which can be ordered either baked or deep-fried. The lack of dining in space is the only thing that prevents me from giving an excellent rating here. I would like to try their Pizza or other specialties and only wish they had better on-site dining.

• Visited February 2013
Pasadena, California
“Awesome Argentinian take-out”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Empanadas To Go has fabulous empanadas, which are pastry wrapped around savory (or sweet) fillings, and then baked or fried. I happened across the shop by accident, and bought a couple for lunch -- and then had to return for a few dozen more! They will cook them for you, or provide them uncooked -- they bake up fast at home, and make a great party food. All of them are delicious; I especially recommend the Salteñas and the Criollo with beef, and the veggie. They have patio seating at the restaurant if you choose to eat there. Highly recommended!

• Visited December 2012