“Decent place to sleep. Terrible customer service.”
Review of Hotel Chino Hills

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chino Hills
Perris, California
“Decent place to sleep. Terrible customer service.”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We chose this hotel based on it's location in proximity to our planned destination. The price was right and the hotel is generally nice enough. Our problems began when I checked us in. We got to our room and our key didn't work. So my husband went down and had no problem getting the key fixed. We went to the pool. There were no towels there, so we had to use our room towels to dry off. We attempted three times to ask for more towels at the front desk and there was never anyone there. We called the front desk as well and got no answer. Then the next day, in the afternoon, our key failed to work again. I was locked out of our room. I went to the desk to get help, and even though I gave my name, how I booked the reservation, and had the key with me, they wouldn't fix it without my ID which was locked in my room. I would have understood this if it were a uniformally enforced policy, however, my husband whose name was not even on the reservation had absolutely no problem getting a working room key the night before without so much as showing his ID. Eventually I did gain access to the room again by riding the elevator with the hotel staff to my room. He wanted to enter with me which I refused. I went in and got my ID to prove to him who I was. Our room was never cleaned and we never did receive clean towels. The refrigerator in the room did not keep things cold, so the milk I put in it at night was not cold by morning. The AC did not cool the room either. At 11:30 in the morning a strange vibration woke my husband and I from a nap. Initially I thought it was an earthquake, but it lasted approximately 5 minutes. I still have no idea what it was, but it was certainly unnerving. I was hoping for a relaxing weekend away. The small things were quite frustrating and definitely interfered with my ability to relax and enjoy my time away.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank ECThompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was in the Chino Hills area for business and was referred to Hotel Chino Hills by my training manager who lives in the area. The plus side is that it used to be Holiday Inn Express, so the interior is fine. They don't have food at hotel but there are restaurants near the parking lot such as Denny's, Pizza, Burgers & Sushi. I did not like 1 thing about the hotel which was the musty smell I kept smelling! I don't know if it came from the chair or the bed but it wasn't pleasant other than that the hotel was fine for the price. Staff was friendly at the front.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Patty G
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I got there; fairly easy check in. My bathroom floor was filthy. There was hair all over from the previous visitor. My bedding was damaged...the skirt on the bed had stains and holes. The ice machine wasn't working on my floor, so I had to go two floors down every time I needed ice. The staff was okay. Dylan (the night auditor) was friendly as was the Manager. I told him my problems after the fact, he offered me compensation. I might stay again.

Room Tip: None needed...this hotel is quiet and out of the way. Nice for resting and privacy
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Steve W, General Manager at Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
TF271:

Thank you again for bringing the issues you experienced at our hotel to my attention. There is absolutely no excuse for a dirty bathroom and I sincerely apologize to you for the less than satisfactory condition that you discovered when you checked in. Hair in the bathroom is particularly disgusting and, based on what you related, the guest room you stayed in should never have been listed as vacant and ready for occupancy. In addition to reviewing your comments directly with our Housekeeping Supervisor I have inspected the room myself and, indeed, there was a ripped bed skirt which should have been replaced before the room was rented. It has been now. Certainly, if anyone ever is checked into an unsatisfactory room thay should be moved, and hopefully upgraded, to another room immediately. I regret that you did not let us know when you checked in so we could have accommodated you properly.

Since you indicated when you checked out that you do visit the Chino Hills area from time to time I hope you will take advantage of the complimentary room night offer that I sent to you in the letter I mailed to your home address on the morning of your check out.

We do thank you for your patronage and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, with a much better overall experience.

Hotel Chino Hills

Again, I thank you for seeking me out when you

Travellers are raving about these Chino Hills hotels

Fresno, California
Reviewed 30 March 2013

My wife and I were able to check out this hotel for a one night stay. We picked this hotel primarily because it seemed to be the best deal in the area in terms of price and what you get for that price. Afterall, this wasn't a small shady looking motel but rather, a large hotel.

Anyway, when we first went to check in at the front desk, we were met by a person who, to put it bluntly, just didn't look professional. They were dressed casually in a hoodie and jeans! While not outright rude, they were not particularly friendly either, just checking us in without so much as a perfunctory "Hello, how are you?" or even "Thank you". This is not a deal breaker by any means as how often does one need to interact with the front desk usually aside from checking in and out? It was just odd and somewhat offputting as I've really not experienced at other large hotels. Also, while looking around the lobby, I worried somewhat about the safety as there were really no other people around aside from 2 people sitting outside the lobby staring at those who walked in. While again, this was not a big deal, this just contributed to the weird vibe we initially had.

Thankfully, as soon as we started going to our room, we ran in to many others already checked in and heading out or returning to their rooms, so we were put at ease. Upon going into our room, I was surprised by how spacious and clean it was. I guess this surprise stemmed from the mediocre impression I had initially when checking in. However, the room itself was very nice. Everything was clean, the bed was large and comfortable, and the bvathroom was spacious and clean as well. The flat screen TV was large and worked just fine and there was a nice little desk with a chair as well for working if you needed to. In terms of amenities, we didn't really explore that much although we did pass by a business center with a few computers in it which looked nice but honestly, I think most people have internet on their phones so probably not as necessary. Also, I don't think there's breakfast but the manager made a good point about the nearby Denny's costing less than the difference in price you would pay between this hospital and offering a free continental breakfast.

So overall, we were very pleased with the hotel. While again, the check in experience could be have been more polished (really, would it be that hard to dress more professionally and be polite?), the rest of the hotel experience was great! Really, the most important thing was that it was large and well maintained. For that price as well, it's hard to find a better deal in this area as well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Michael C
Steve W, General Manager at Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Michael C., thank you for your remarks about our hotel. Although I was disappointed with the less than complete welcoming you received when you checked in I was delighted to see that the rest of your stay was more than satisfactory. I do thank you for bringing to my attention they type of reception you received. Clearly, we need to do a better job on that end to match up with the rest of the points of your stay. We thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Chino Hills area.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The hotel was actually hard to find, as I was driving in an unfamiliar area at night. It sits back off of the road, and is even hard to see at most angles. After locating the hotel, I pulled up and checked in with just my signature on a piece of paper, since I booked this hotel through Expedia, it was already paid in full. The room was clean and very comfortable. When I returned to the hotel the following evening after a full day of activities, my room had not been cleaned. I called down to the front desk, and discovered that I was not even registered in that room, nobody was registered in that room. After going downstairs to the front desk with my ID, the front desk clerk, Michi found where my reservation had been cancelled because I was not checked in. She fixed it for me and brought me clean towels,etc., but most importantly she rectified this mistake by offering me a free night, which I saved to the following weekend as I was scheduled to check into another hotel in Pasadena.

This is what makes travel easy, because mistakes are bound to happen, but when a company own up to its mistakes and corrects them as best they can, then that is a business I have a tendency to be loyal to.
When I returned the following weekend, for my free night, they had also upgraded me to a junior suite, which was quite nice.

I will not only stay here everytime I am in the area, but as a travel agent, I would consistently recommend this property.

Thanks guys!!!!!!

Tonya Keitt Kalule
Kalule Travel Groups
818-267-8434

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TonyaKeittKalule
Julio M.

Thank you for your kind remarks about our hotel and particularly our Night Auditor, Dylan. I have shared your comments with him, along with my thanks for a job well done. We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay. Thank you very much for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Chino Hills area.

Chino hills
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Needed a hotel room in middle of night on an early & cold Tuesday morning. Dylan could not have been any more accomodating to my family under the circumstances. The rate was perfect at the time of morning, room was as he described. Put us on side of hotel not facing freeway without us asking. Once in hotel, you realize you're in a Holiday Inn Express. Clean, comfortable, made a long, tough night easier to put behind us.
We'll be there again soon.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Steve W, General Manager at Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this review, 4 March 2013
Julio:
Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that Dylan provided excellent service to you and your family and I will be sure to commend him for providing the type of overall service that everyone should receive. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Chino Hills area.
Reviewed 20 February 2013

The accommodations far surpassed our expectations, including a jacuzzi tub and swimming pool.. i woke up to a treadmill for 30 min then i did 20 laps in the indoor pool, the water temperature was perfect considering the weather.. Furniture was on point simply but elegant. White Goose down comforter clean no stains carpet was stain-free. Shower pressure excellent with multiply settings huge mirror in bathroom and wifi little slow bit cable made up for the entertainment. Lamps shield brand new leather head board clean. Towels were white huge & clean. The restaurants well plenty to choose from . Primos across from A.m P.m gas station the best inexpensive authentic Mexican food beef burritos... But needless to stay plenty choices for food from Starbucks, to Sushi, Denny's and so forth. I am not easily satisfied however I had Lots & lots of fun. It was 1 of the most beautiful experiences of my life. No complaints hands down I love it.......staff there treated us with courtesy and made us feel welcome. We definitely could sleep through the nite & it was the best i ever had, overall wonderful experience and would definitely go bacc!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Steve W, General Manager at Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
Dear Aja 1995:
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I was delighted to see that you had such an enjoyable stay and that your accommodations exceeded your expectations. Our Team is here to serve all of our guests and it is nice to receive such positive feedback that I can share with them. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again the next time you are in the Chino Hills area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chino Hills
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
Ayres Suites Diamond Bar
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport

Been to Hotel Chino Hills? Share your experiences!