“Recent reviews are rubbish. This is a great place to stay.”
Review of Hotel Chino Hills

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Chino Hills
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Got a $68 rate on Priceline which I found out later is pretty much their rack rate. This is a fantastic deal for a property of this caliber. Formerly a Holiday Inn Express, you get all the comfort and room quality for about a third less.

The one big minus is the lack of any kind of breakfast, which I have come to expect at place like this. Denny's is very close but the room rate really is closer to $75 since you have to buy breakfast. I got over the disappointment and would stay here again without hesitation.

Very friendly Asian woman checked me in (I think it's Asian owned with a high standard of order and cleanliness).

Room Tip: East side will be quieter but you'll get a blast of morning sun that could be unpleasant.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank curtismapman

Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights and although the location is good the hotel and the service are horrible! We did not get the room we reserved and the pullout couch was a joke. Not only did the couch have stains on the cushions the "mattress" is one a 1" thick pad...of course they had no sheets or blankets for the pullout either! The towels in the bathroom were so rough that it felt like you were drying yourself with sand paper. I have stayed at this hotel in the past with no problems but they have obviously changed owners and the new owners are running this place like a MoMo on John St. In some god forsaken town in MOCO. Don't stay here!

1  Thank BigBlue49014
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

This "PILE O.S." is NOT an OPTION!!!!

#1 hotel in C. Hills without question is the Ayres!
When SOLD OUT run for the hills!!!! :/ and I an not talking about Chino Hills!
Honestly, Hampton would be my second choice, however not the best area and overall its average.

This place has to many con's to list, not enough time...here are the deal breakers:
-At check-in (Asian lady did not dominate the English language).
-Ancient system took forever for the key process. Primitive is putting it mildly :/
-NO vending machines OR any cold drinks (refrigeration system was not cooling).
-the wear & tear in the hallways & rooms will make you cringe!!! GROSS!!!
-horrible "shower heads" they spray in all the wrong directions.

The quality of the workmanship throughout this property is comparable to a motel 6!

Not worth the 3 star reviews, as it deceives Trip users.

3  Thank billionsandnocure
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We chose this hotel based on it's location in proximity to our planned destination. The price was right and the hotel is generally nice enough. Our problems began when I checked us in. We got to our room and our key didn't work. So my husband went down and had no problem getting the key fixed. We went to the pool. There were no towels there, so we had to use our room towels to dry off. We attempted three times to ask for more towels at the front desk and there was never anyone there. We called the front desk as well and got no answer. Then the next day, in the afternoon, our key failed to work again. I was locked out of our room. I went to the desk to get help, and even though I gave my name, how I booked the reservation, and had the key with me, they wouldn't fix it without my ID which was locked in my room. I would have understood this if it were a uniformally enforced policy, however, my husband whose name was not even on the reservation had absolutely no problem getting a working room key the night before without so much as showing his ID. Eventually I did gain access to the room again by riding the elevator with the hotel staff to my room. He wanted to enter with me which I refused. I went in and got my ID to prove to him who I was. Our room was never cleaned and we never did receive clean towels. The refrigerator in the room did not keep things cold, so the milk I put in it at night was not cold by morning. The AC did not cool the room either. At 11:30 in the morning a strange vibration woke my husband and I from a nap. Initially I thought it was an earthquake, but it lasted approximately 5 minutes. I still have no idea what it was, but it was certainly unnerving. I was hoping for a relaxing weekend away. The small things were quite frustrating and definitely interfered with my ability to relax and enjoy my time away.

1  Thank ECThompson
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I was in the Chino Hills area for business and was referred to Hotel Chino Hills by my training manager who lives in the area. The plus side is that it used to be Holiday Inn Express, so the interior is fine. They don't have food at hotel but there are restaurants near the parking lot such as Denny's, Pizza, Burgers & Sushi. I did not like 1 thing about the hotel which was the musty smell I kept smelling! I don't know if it came from the chair or the bed but it wasn't pleasant other than that the hotel was fine for the price. Staff was friendly at the front.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Patty G
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I got there; fairly easy check in. My bathroom floor was filthy. There was hair all over from the previous visitor. My bedding was damaged...the skirt on the bed had stains and holes. The ice machine wasn't working on my floor, so I had to go two floors down every time I needed ice. The staff was okay. Dylan (the night auditor) was friendly as was the Manager. I told him my problems after the fact, he offered me compensation. I might stay again.

Room Tip: None needed...this hotel is quiet and out of the way. Nice for resting and privacy
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Steve W, General Manager at Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

TF271:

Thank you again for bringing the issues you experienced at our hotel to my attention. There is absolutely no excuse for a dirty bathroom and I sincerely apologize to you for the less than satisfactory condition that you discovered when you checked in. Hair in the bathroom is particularly disgusting and, based on what you related, the guest room you stayed in should never have been listed as vacant and ready for occupancy. In addition to reviewing your comments directly with our Housekeeping Supervisor I have inspected the room myself and, indeed, there was a ripped bed skirt which should have been replaced before the room was rented. It has been now. Certainly, if anyone ever is checked into an unsatisfactory room thay should be moved, and hopefully upgraded, to another room immediately. I regret that you did not let us know when you checked in so we could have accommodated you properly.

Since you indicated when you checked out that you do visit the Chino Hills area from time to time I hope you will take advantage of the complimentary room night offer that I sent to you in the letter I mailed to your home address on the morning of your check out.

We do thank you for your patronage and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again, with a much better overall experience.

Steve Winning
Hotel Chino Hills

Again, I thank you for seeking me out when you

Reviewed 30 March 2013

My wife and I were able to check out this hotel for a one night stay. We picked this hotel primarily because it seemed to be the best deal in the area in terms of price and what you get for that price. Afterall, this wasn't a small shady looking motel but rather, a large hotel.

Anyway, when we first went to check in at the front desk, we were met by a person who, to put it bluntly, just didn't look professional. They were dressed casually in a hoodie and jeans! While not outright rude, they were not particularly friendly either, just checking us in without so much as a perfunctory "Hello, how are you?" or even "Thank you". This is not a deal breaker by any means as how often does one need to interact with the front desk usually aside from checking in and out? It was just odd and somewhat offputting as I've really not experienced at other large hotels. Also, while looking around the lobby, I worried somewhat about the safety as there were really no other people around aside from 2 people sitting outside the lobby staring at those who walked in. While again, this was not a big deal, this just contributed to the weird vibe we initially had.

Thankfully, as soon as we started going to our room, we ran in to many others already checked in and heading out or returning to their rooms, so we were put at ease. Upon going into our room, I was surprised by how spacious and clean it was. I guess this surprise stemmed from the mediocre impression I had initially when checking in. However, the room itself was very nice. Everything was clean, the bed was large and comfortable, and the bvathroom was spacious and clean as well. The flat screen TV was large and worked just fine and there was a nice little desk with a chair as well for working if you needed to. In terms of amenities, we didn't really explore that much although we did pass by a business center with a few computers in it which looked nice but honestly, I think most people have internet on their phones so probably not as necessary. Also, I don't think there's breakfast but the manager made a good point about the nearby Denny's costing less than the difference in price you would pay between this hospital and offering a free continental breakfast.

So overall, we were very pleased with the hotel. While again, the check in experience could be have been more polished (really, would it be that hard to dress more professionally and be polite?), the rest of the hotel experience was great! Really, the most important thing was that it was large and well maintained. For that price as well, it's hard to find a better deal in this area as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael C
Steve W, General Manager at Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Michael C., thank you for your remarks about our hotel. Although I was disappointed with the less than complete welcoming you received when you checked in I was delighted to see that the rest of your stay was more than satisfactory. I do thank you for bringing to my attention they type of reception you received. Clearly, we need to do a better job on that end to match up with the rest of the points of your stay. We thank you for your patronage. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving you again on your next trip to the Chino Hills area.

Steve Winning

Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar
8 mi away
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario, A Trademark Collection Hotel

Been to Hotel Chino Hills? Share your experiences!