“Nice Decor & Ambiance, Uncomfortable Rooms”

Ayres Hotel Chino Hills
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chino Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is a very nice hotel located in a very nice part of the Los Angeles area. It's within walking distance of several very good restaurants and has easy access to highways. The patio area is great if you want to unwind and free adult beverages are offered during happy hour! The breakfast wasn't bad. I've had better and have had worse.

The room was very spacious and had a nice flat-screen TV, but it was impossible to get a good night's sleep. Noise from the nearby highway seeped through the windows and the pillows were way too soft flatter than a pancake. The room was an oven before I went to bed the 1st night so I turned the temperature down about 10 degrees on the thermostat. The cooling unit ran ALL NIGHT and when I woke up in the middle of the night to turn the t-stat off, the room temperature was 7 degrees lower than where I set it (and I know I set the t-stat properly). Terrible sleep quality.

This hotel is in a great ambiance and is in a great location, but something needs to be done to improve sleep quality for guests.

Room Tip: Request a room that faces the inside of the property.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Dear Zcr57,

Thank you for taking time to write us such a candid review, we are pleased to see that you thought our hotel was nice and in a convenient area. We appreciate that you chose us for your stay but please do accept our apologies that you did not find your room to be comfortable and relaxing. Rest assured, the air conditioner malfunction has been discussed with the engineer and it is being taken care of. We do try to do our best to accommodate guest requests so next time we would be more than happy to try to move your room to a quieter room with a functioning air conditioning unit.

Safe Travels,

Pamela Gonzalez

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have stayed several times in the past at Inland Empire Ayers hotels and they are just as good today as they were. Excellent value, helpful staff and great accomodations. Free internet and full breakfast. Of course this is not a "5-star," so don't expect it. I would give it 4 stars just on the hotel itself, but at the price you get it for, it goes to 5-star easily. Best accomodations for the money you can get, period.

Room Tip: I think the top floor rooms have a high ceiling over the bedrooms with a ceiling fan. And there are...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here for two nights while our house was being termite-tented. I was very impressed with the property, and I have pretty high standards. It's a beautiful building, and the man working the front desk could not have been nicer. The room itself as clean, the A/C was cold, the beds were comfortable, and we didn't hear a single sound from any other guests. My only real complaint was the shower, the head is way up on the wall (good for tall people I guess but not so good for me at 5'1") and did not seem to adjust at all so by the time the water made its way down to me it was like a gentle spritz, not a shower. Took forever to rinse my hair! Oh and I found the "cook to order" breakfast confusing. There was definitely a cook there but there's no sign or anything saying what was available. Can you just order anything in the world? Maybe! I didn't see anyone taking advantage of that and I'd guess that's why.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Chino Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Michele S,

We are delighted you allowed us to welcome you to our hotel and that you enjoyed such a pleasant stay with us! Our team members always enjoy hearing that the guest enjoyed a comfortable and quiet stay and that you found them to be friendly and helpful. If next time you find yourself confused by our breakfast menu feel free to ask any of our team members they would be more than happy to help you.

Pamela Gonzalez

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The property itself is wonderful but had a couple of issues on this stay. We never had our room cleaned even though we were right across the hall from the cleaning station so I think we must have slipped thru the cracks. Also the day we checked out our bill was way higher than we had agreed on. We did get it fixed but still it was another negative. Hopefully they take care of their guests better than this, because it did not set very well with us.

Room Tip: Don't got to room 152. They don't clean your room and it right across from the service area
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Nicely appointed room. Staff was courteous and helpful. Great breakfast each morning. Only thing missing was the option to purchase movies... none offered. Could not check out via online either. Checked with front desk and he thought it would be offered in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2014

The hotel was absolutely beautiful and the staff was always pleasant! The breakfast was delicious as well! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for anyone staying in California! We wish they had locations in Michigan!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I would have gladly said five stars, however when a person is already tired from traveling, having a clerk who does not speak clear English makes it very difficult. Several others in our large party also remarked about the difficulty of understanding her. I hope she will not be offended, but work on this problem. Everything else was wonderful. Oh yes, The Hotel itself was hard to locate especially at night. As our GPS's didn't work in that area!

Room Tip: First floor had no problems with over head noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in Diamond Bar
7 mi away
Best Western Diamond Bar Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Select Diamond Bar

Been to Ayres Hotel Chino Hills? Share your experiences!