“Love It!”
Review of The Boiler

The Boiler
Ranked #7 of 147 Restaurants in Chino Hills
Price range: US$5 - US$50
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modeled after Las Vegas' Oyster Bar, dishes are prepared in cooking kettles at a U-shaped counter in front of you. Sauces are made daily by scratch so that spices can be tailored to your specific liking. High-pressured steam is pushed through pipes onto your dish at 280-307 degrees so it simmers evenly and without the chance of overcooking.The Boiler is currently the only Cajun/Creole restaurant in the Inland Valley, which opened in 2009. It is the destination on the horizon at The Commons mall in Chino Hills.
California
“Love It!”
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I got the Crab Pan Roast. Should have ordered the House Pan Roast though. I have to say that I will be back!

• Visited January 2013

Moorpark, California
“The House Pan Roast”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Prior to our stay in Chino Hills, my husband did some research on places to eat. Luckily, he found The Boiler Steam Kettle Cooking. It had great reviews on Yelp and it just happened to be within walking distance of our hotel (Ayres Hotel Chino Hills). We got there right at 5:00 p.m. when they opened for dinner. Yay for us, it was also "happy hour" so we ordered the calamari appetizer...huge, thick, long strips...so good with the marinara w/dabs of horseradish sauce. We also got the crab cake appetizer for my son. He didn't love it so I got to eat it...2 big balls of crab meat. Wasn't the best I'd ever eaten but was still good. My husband and I shared the House Pan Roast (spice 4). It was more than enough for the two of us (big portion) and they give you bread to dip, which makes it more than filling. We settled on the spice level at 4 because my husband can't handle too much. It was perfect for me, but my husband said he could've gone lower. My kids got the macaroni and cheese. It came with parsley sprinkled on top and those of you with picky eaters knows that any greenery on their food is a no-no. My 5-year old made me pick out every single tiny piece of parsley. I know the restaurant does that for the presentation, but it's a kids meal...parents will understand if the food looks bland. Or at the very least, they should tell the parents that it comes with that on top and to opt out of it if they want. My boys didn't love the mac and cheese...not a lot of taste. I had to sprinkle a bunch of salt all over, but they still didn't want to finish it. I would definitely come back though...just for the House Pan Roast. So good!!!

Visited January 2013
Chino, California
“Best Nawlins Cooking in the IE!”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

The House Pan Roast has all the seafood in it and it rocks! All their meals are spicy and exquisite, if you like medium hot I recommend around a 3-4 rating.

Visited February 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Its okay”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

The place is the wrong area, No exposure. Located in the Lowes Hardware Parkinglot, small hidden spot

Visited October 2011
Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden treasure”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

What a great place and unique menu. Well worth sitting at the bar to take it all in. Chef's are very friendly and more than happy to engage while they are cooking away. I will be back!

• Visited May 2012