Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sun Valley, Nevada
“vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

It was a wonderful stay and I really liked how the bed was set up with two different pillows. I like soft and my husband like firm. really appreciated the differences. We only stayed one night and it was very clean and was nice to be able to have our pets in the same room

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor which was convenient for our pets
Green Features: I don't know about this, but the front desk was really helpful in getting a discount for my husband
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 510Diane
JRP H, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with and for the kind words about your experience. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms. I see you did have your pets traveling with you and that is something we understand, that pets are also a part of the family and they are also welcome with us. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Bedding - sheet to pillows outstanding! Clean, modern, quiet , totally non-smoking facility & friendly from the minute in the front door to checkout! Pet friendly but absolutely no pet hair anywhere! Close to all travel amenities (gas, restaurants, Starbucks).

Room Tip: 1 king room is large with sitting area
Green Features: Uses streamlined GREEN practices that are noticeable throughout rooms; and YES - This is a Non smoking facility
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about your experience. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable for you during your travels. We are a pet friendly hotel but do have specific rooms for them because we are aware there are many people sensitive to them. I am happy to hear you received a friendly and warm welcome your entire stay, our staff does their very best to provide the service that all guests deserve. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was really worried about this place prior to arriving, but once I got there I was beyond pleasantly surprised. Staff was wonderfully pleasant, the room was incredibly spacious and up to date, breakfast area was nicely set up and stocked, and the Yosemite package I received was very generous with all kinds of goodies. Added bonus was the Starbucks across the street. Yes, it is at least a 1-1/2 hour drive to Yosemite from the hotel, but if it's just a day trip it's worth it because the hotels in the park are awful.

Room Tip: Ask for the Yosemite Package if you are going to the park and you will get a goodie bag, free park p...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about your experience. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay during your visit with us while you went to Yosemite. I do see that you took advantage of our Yosemite Park Package and im hoping it helped with your Yosemite Visit. It is great to be able to have a place that you can relax in after a long day out and not have to worry about anything. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Fremont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 days while visiting family on the area(Michelle) at the front desk was super nice and helpful! Very clean and place smelled great. Love the full hot breakfast lots of choices

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about your experience. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting your family in the area. I am happy that our team member Michelle was able to help you during your stay and you were able to enjoy the many choices we have in our breakfast bar every morning. Thank you again fo the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again during future visits to the area.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Went to this HIE on our way out from Yosemite. The town of Chowchilla is about 2.0 hr drive from the Yosemite Valley. The hotel looked quite new (less than 5 yrs?) and modern. The staff was friendly, the room was very clean, neat and smelled real nice. The bed was very conftable, the bathroom was clean. Complimentary breakfast was awesome. Highly recommend this hotel if you're nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JRP H, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and made us your resting stop on the way back from Yosemite. We are a newer hotel but we also keep the hotel maintained because we understand comfort and cleanliness are very important. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to seeing during future visits.
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I just want to say Ashley was very kind and patient with me. She showed professionalism. With service that's a big thing for me. With saying that I won't be to shy to come to her with my hotel needs. Such as a new card, towels, or just a nice place to get a hot meal. I really did appreciate it since I am far from home. Great hotel, great rooms, and most important real people with knowledge on how to treat their guest.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Rancho Cucamonga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

This is my first experience staying at any Holiday Inn and I must say that my family and I were exceptionally pleased with the cleanliness of the entire hotel, the room smelled fresh and the staff, superb! Given, the small town we stayed in, upon arrival we were hesitant, it was in the middle of nowhere. The hotel was indeed a welcome surprise. Each staff member I spoke with, were ready and willing to assist, even as much to help me get rid of a pesky spider (this is common in the area). They immediately called in pest control while we went out, upon return, the room smelled even fresher, our sheets were changed and a thank you present and personalized note for the inconvenience was placed on our desk. Very thoughtful! Overall, it would be my choice of place to stay if visiting Yosemite again (despite the south entrance of the national park being about 60 miles away). Also, it is the first hotel I've ever used the shower bare feet and walked around the room in socks only without feeling "yucky," and I've stayed in big city hotels before. The free hot breakfast is great too and coffee/tea is always available.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for you recent stay with us and for the very kind words about your experience. It is great to hear that you first experience at a holiday inn express was with us and it was an excellent one. I'm glad to know they were able to take care of the spider issue for during your stay. Every member of our staff does their very best to ensure every guest has a wonderful and relaxing stay with us. We do take great pride in our hotel,and cleanliness and service we feel are two of the most important things when traveling. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowchilla
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced
SpringHill Suites Madera
Holiday Inn Express Madera Yosemite Pk Area
Courtyard Merced
Courtyard Merced
#2 of 14 in Merced

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area? Share your experiences!