Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sparks, Nevada
“Best choice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn many times and always enjoyed our time here. We have seen many of the same employees on our return visits and the staff is always accommodating and friendly. Monica and Socorro are especially welcoming and professional. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is simple but more than adequate, and the pool is a welcome plus in the summer valley heat. We have even brought our little dog here on occasion and he did great! I always take advantage of the mini-gym while I'm here. The bike, treadmill and elliptical are all I need! I was little disappointed this time that I couldn't get anyone to address the television issue in the gym. For some reason the cable signal was out but no one wanted to deal with it. I asked for help on both days I used the gym but got no resolution. Not the end of the world but my silent workout wasn't quite as enjoyable as it might have been! Also, when we returned to our room on Sat. night someone was smoking weed in their room. The entire hallway smelled awful and it eventually seeped into our room. I didn't bother to call the front desk because I was pretty sure nothing would be done. This is the second time in the past year that we have stayed at a hotel where this occurred. This really made me angry as we always stay in "non-smoking" rooms. As far as I'm concerned this includes weed, too. I'm an ex tobacco smoker and I know that if I lit a cigarette in one of these rooms there would be hell to pay. These hotels need to state to the inconsiderate pot smokers that "non-smoking" includes them too. No doubt this problem is only going to get worse. Despite these couple of annoyances, we would not even think of staying anywhere else. I would highly recommend the Chowchilla Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: This is a very agricultural area which is in transition so don't expect a view. I would highly r...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JRP H, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you do stay with us often and it is a pleasant stay when you do, our staff does their very best to ensure every guest receives a friendly welcome and feels at home during their stay. I do apologize for the television issue you had inside of the gym. We have been having some issues with it and have been working to fix this issue. I do also apologize for smoking issue. We are a 100% non-smoking facility and this does include all things. We do try our best to control it and would have taken action had we known. I do once again apologize and hope that these issues do not steer you away from returning with us in the future. Thank you again for sharing and look forward to seeing you during future visits.

Kind Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

we really got a warm welcome in this hotel. The Chowchilla neighborhood isn't the most pleasant location to stay but staying there was indeed very relaxing before to the take the road forward next day.
thanks very much again and we gonna advice friends and relatives about this address !

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JRP H, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about your experience. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. Every member of our staff from the front desk, to housekeeping and breakfast does their very best to make every guest feel welcome with us. I'm happy that we were able to be a realxing stop for you during your travels and you were able to rest up before starting again the next day. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I received a free upgrade + points for completing this review. The hotel room was huge! I really appreciated for staying the first time they offered it to me. The breakfast room was very full but I found a table. Everything was clean and orderly. The staff was also very friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to enjoy an upgraded room your first visit with us. I am also glad you got to enjoy the full hot breakfast we offer to our guests in the morning despite the breakfast room being so full. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again.

Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

he Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite, Is the best place to stay when visiting the Parks of Yosemite, a long stay, or simple an overnight stay driving to another destination.
From the awesome front desk " Welcome to my Home" service from Monica, Ashley, Kim and the others. To the filling fresh breakfast served daily from 6am to 9am by Socorro and the others. They serve hot cereals, cold cereals, fresh fruits, muffins, breads, the best cinnamon rolls in California. Fresh hotcakes, eggs, omelets, fresh healthy meats, and coffees and juices. The food is truly something for the whole family to enjoy. Last but not less. The housekeeper are excellent. They keep you with fresh towels and a nice cleaned room daily. Enjoy your stay. And when you go to the park or someone ask you where did you stay last night. Tell them " I was smart, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite in Chowchilla, CA. last night and you should too"
God bless Ron Bell :) :)

Room Tip: The beds are very comfortable and cozy. Just like home. Spacious rooms to move around with out hitt...
Green Features: They property was maintained daily. Very clean, no trash on property, grass cut and plants maintained. The pool was cleaned and Jacuzzi kelp cleaned daily. Pool and exercise towels where always available.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the very kind words about our hotel and staff. It is wonderful to hear you had such a wonderful experience staying with us. Every member of our staff from front desk, breakfast, and housekeeping know how important all of our guests are and do their very best to provide an excellent, clean and comfortable stay. Every member of our staff is a huge asset to our hotel and knows how to provide that over the top service that every guest deserves. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you during future trips.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Comfortable and extremely clean! This is a completely smoke free facility, too, so that's nice. We fit 3 people in a King bed and were still very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious with much variety...and complimentary.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel clean and comfortable as that is extremely important when traveling. We do believe people are looking for convenience as well which is why our full hot breakfast in the morning being included for everyone is great. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.
Sun Valley, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

It was a wonderful stay and I really liked how the bed was set up with two different pillows. I like soft and my husband like firm. really appreciated the differences. We only stayed one night and it was very clean and was nice to be able to have our pets in the same room

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor which was convenient for our pets
Green Features: I don't know about this, but the front desk was really helpful in getting a discount for my husband
1 Thank 510Diane
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with and for the kind words about your experience. I am glad to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and you enjoyed the comfort of the rooms. I see you did have your pets traveling with you and that is something we understand, that pets are also a part of the family and they are also welcome with us. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Bedding - sheet to pillows outstanding! Clean, modern, quiet , totally non-smoking facility & friendly from the minute in the front door to checkout! Pet friendly but absolutely no pet hair anywhere! Close to all travel amenities (gas, restaurants, Starbucks).

Room Tip: 1 king room is large with sitting area
Green Features: Uses streamlined GREEN practices that are noticeable throughout rooms; and YES - This is a Non smoking facility
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about your experience. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and comfortable for you during your travels. We are a pet friendly hotel but do have specific rooms for them because we are aware there are many people sensitive to them. I am happy to hear you received a friendly and warm welcome your entire stay, our staff does their very best to provide the service that all guests deserve. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowchilla
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Hampton Inn & Suites Madera
Hampton Inn & Suites - Merced
Courtyard Merced
Courtyard Merced
#2 of 14 in Merced
BEST WESTERN Inn - Merced
Holiday Inn Express Madera Yosemite Pk Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area? Share your experiences!