“Overnight Business Trip”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chowchilla
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

A group of co-workers and I stayed at this hotel overnight for a business trip. The hotel was right off the freeway and easy to locate, but there was not a large selection of restaurants nearby from which to choose for dinner. The room was very neat and clean. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. All in all, it was what I expected from a Holiday Inn Express. I would definitely stay again for business or with my family.

Room Tip: The third floor did not have an ice machine so I had to go down to the second floor. Not a huge inc...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
JRP H, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with and for the kind words about our hotel and staff. I am glad to hear you and your coworkers enjoyed your overnight stay with us during your buisness trip. Every member of the staff does their best to provide a clean and comfortable stay to all of our guests as that is important when traveling away from home. Our front desk is here to help and inform guests with any questions they may have, hopefully next time can we can give you some more restaurant choices in the area. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again during future visits.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Wife and I were very pleased with hotel, amenities, comfort of bed and room. Location is excellent and there was nothing "wrong" with the neighborhood. It's a 2-1/2 hour drive to Yosemite village (the valley). Plan accordingly (we didn't). Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about our hotel. I'm happy to hear you had a comfortable stay with us and we were a great location for you. We are about an hour and ten minutes from the south entrance depending on which route you take to Yosemite National Park. I'm glad we could be a stop for you during your visit and happy you would recommend us to others. Thank you again for taking the time to share and we look forward to seeing you again during future visits.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We have stayed at this Holiday Inn many times and always enjoyed our time here. We have seen many of the same employees on our return visits and the staff is always accommodating and friendly. Monica and Socorro are especially welcoming and professional. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The breakfast is simple but more than adequate, and the pool is a welcome plus in the summer valley heat. We have even brought our little dog here on occasion and he did great! I always take advantage of the mini-gym while I'm here. The bike, treadmill and elliptical are all I need! I was little disappointed this time that I couldn't get anyone to address the television issue in the gym. For some reason the cable signal was out but no one wanted to deal with it. I asked for help on both days I used the gym but got no resolution. Not the end of the world but my silent workout wasn't quite as enjoyable as it might have been! Also, when we returned to our room on Sat. night someone was smoking weed in their room. The entire hallway smelled awful and it eventually seeped into our room. I didn't bother to call the front desk because I was pretty sure nothing would be done. This is the second time in the past year that we have stayed at a hotel where this occurred. This really made me angry as we always stay in "non-smoking" rooms. As far as I'm concerned this includes weed, too. I'm an ex tobacco smoker and I know that if I lit a cigarette in one of these rooms there would be hell to pay. These hotels need to state to the inconsiderate pot smokers that "non-smoking" includes them too. No doubt this problem is only going to get worse. Despite these couple of annoyances, we would not even think of staying anywhere else. I would highly recommend the Chowchilla Holiday Inn!

Room Tip: This is a very agricultural area which is in transition so don't expect a view. I would highly r...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
JRP H, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you do stay with us often and it is a pleasant stay when you do, our staff does their very best to ensure every guest receives a friendly welcome and feels at home during their stay. I do apologize for the television issue you had inside of the gym. We have been having some issues with it and have been working to fix this issue. I do also apologize for smoking issue. We are a 100% non-smoking facility and this does include all things. We do try our best to control it and would have taken action had we known. I do once again apologize and hope that these issues do not steer you away from returning with us in the future. Thank you again for sharing and look forward to seeing you during future visits.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

we really got a warm welcome in this hotel. The Chowchilla neighborhood isn't the most pleasant location to stay but staying there was indeed very relaxing before to the take the road forward next day.
thanks very much again and we gonna advice friends and relatives about this address !

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
JRP H, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the kind words about your experience. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us. Every member of our staff from the front desk, to housekeeping and breakfast does their very best to make every guest feel welcome with us. I'm happy that we were able to be a realxing stop for you during your travels and you were able to rest up before starting again the next day. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I received a free upgrade + points for completing this review. The hotel room was huge! I really appreciated for staying the first time they offered it to me. The breakfast room was very full but I found a table. Everything was clean and orderly. The staff was also very friendly.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and was able to enjoy an upgraded room your first visit with us. I am also glad you got to enjoy the full hot breakfast we offer to our guests in the morning despite the breakfast room being so full. Thank you again for sharing and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

he Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite, Is the best place to stay when visiting the Parks of Yosemite, a long stay, or simple an overnight stay driving to another destination.
From the awesome front desk " Welcome to my Home" service from Monica, Ashley, Kim and the others. To the filling fresh breakfast served daily from 6am to 9am by Socorro and the others. They serve hot cereals, cold cereals, fresh fruits, muffins, breads, the best cinnamon rolls in California. Fresh hotcakes, eggs, omelets, fresh healthy meats, and coffees and juices. The food is truly something for the whole family to enjoy. Last but not less. The housekeeper are excellent. They keep you with fresh towels and a nice cleaned room daily. Enjoy your stay. And when you go to the park or someone ask you where did you stay last night. Tell them " I was smart, I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gateway to Yosemite in Chowchilla, CA. last night and you should too"
God bless Ron Bell :) :)

Room Tip: The beds are very comfortable and cozy. Just like home. Spacious rooms to move around with out hitt...

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the very kind words about our hotel and staff. It is wonderful to hear you had such a wonderful experience staying with us. Every member of our staff from front desk, breakfast, and housekeeping know how important all of our guests are and do their very best to provide an excellent, clean and comfortable stay. Every member of our staff is a huge asset to our hotel and knows how to provide that over the top service that every guest deserves. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you during future trips.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Comfortable and extremely clean! This is a completely smoke free facility, too, so that's nice. We fit 3 people in a King bed and were still very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious with much variety...and complimentary.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel clean and comfortable as that is extremely important when traveling. We do believe people are looking for convenience as well which is why our full hot breakfast in the morning being included for everyone is great. Thank you again for the kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.
Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chowchilla
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Merced
Holiday Inn Express Madera Yosemite Pk Area
Best Western Inn
Best Western Inn
#7 of 14 in Merced

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Chowchilla - Yosemite Park Area? Share your experiences!