“Lunchtime during fair time”
Review of Pedro's Place

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pedro's Place
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Chowchilla
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We took a break from the Chowchilla fair and headed across town for some Mexican food. I had the Compuesta Quesidilla with crane verde and it was good. Service was good, but when the check comes, walk to the register. Don't wait for them to come back and get your money.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Pedro's doesn't ever seem to be hurting for business, services is quick, chips and salsa is excellent...everything else on the menu is bland from there. Outdated decor, and nasty restroom facilities make it a bit of a local "dive". Hopefully the management will make a few changes to make the place more desirable.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I've eaten here on occasion when I come to Chowchilla for a visit. I grow up in the town and still have family here. I remember when Pedro's Place opened circa 1976. I was in high school at the time and Chowchilla didn't have even half the population it does now, and certainly not the Hispanic population (there were only two kids of Mexican descent in my graduating class back in the late 70s). The food is just as I rated "average"-- I've definitely had better Mexican fare however, I do think their salsa is very good. The service, however, is mediocre at best, slow on all levels, and I think that the eatery feels it can take its customers for granted and can afford to be lax because Pedro's Place is well established in town. I'm pretty sure it was the first Mexican restaurant to open in Chowchilla and nearly 40 years later it doesn't appear to be hurting for business (I will digress for a moment and mention that there was a location in Madera that burned down almost a decade ago and was never rebuilt or reopened at another location. The Madera restaurant had great service!). One server in particular will flit from table to table catching up on the gossip with the customers they know and attention to the other tables go out the door. This happens every time I've dined at the restaurant. It also appears to pain this server to take a food order or refill your drink. I've even come in, sat at a table, and five minutes later another party comes in and the server will rush over to wait on them first. This has happened to me more than once or twice. I've even had to wait at the counter for a ridiculous amount of time to pay my bill because the help, although they see you waiting at the counter to settle up, can't be bothered because they are too busy with the table gossip. Advice to Pedro's management: Step up your customer service game! Don't take your customers for granted, treat them all the same. And another thing... keep that nasty mop and mop bucket filled with dirty mop water out of the bathroom.