“Great food. Service is amazing.”
Review of Via Lago Trattoria - CLOSED

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Miller
Reviewed 30 October 2012 via mobile

We have been coming here for 4 years. The food is extremely fresh and the service is amazing. Very low key, not loud. Can be a bit spendy but worth it. Great for romantic dinners or just a relaxing family dinner.

1  Thank CindiWhite

Reviewed 27 April 2012

As a new resident in the area, this was my first trip to Via Lago.

I went with a friend for lunch at about 12:45 PM and we were seated quickly by the friendly hostess. Our server was at our table shortly after we were seated and gave us enough time to review the menu.

It took a while for our salads to arrive and even longer for the main course to arrive. Perhaps the restaurant is trying to follow the European model of a leisurely 2-hour lunch. My friend and I weren't bothered by that, as we did have the time to enjoy the slower pace and converse. However, if you're looking to get in and out in a hurry, this would not be the place for you based on my one experience there.

The house salad dressing was quite good, as were the gnocchi. The price was around $15 for each of us.

Contrary to some of the other comments, our server and bus staff were friendly and attentive, keeping our drinks filled regularly. The owner even stopped to ask how our meal was.

I would give Via Lago a second chance.

Reviewed 4 June 2011

I'm surprised to read reviews of poor service. We are regular customers, and have always had terrific service. The food is the best in the area.

1  Thank Scrubs11
Reviewed 1 December 2009

I absolutely loved the dish I had when my boyfriend and I ate there. I ate the Pecatore Pasta and I loved it! My boyfriend eats A LOT, so the serving size didn't satisfy him, but it did me! It is veryyyy hard to get the waitors to help you though, they seem to be so busy...maybe catering more to the wealthy eaterS??? It was fine though.

Reviewed 20 November 2009

My daughter and I decided to have dinner at Via Lago Trattoria. We came in and was greeted by a nice lady who seated us right away (not a lot of people that's why). Our waiter came and got our order and instead of asking what we wanted to drink, he said, "is water good for you" in my mind "ok hello why can't you even ask if we wanted something to drink instead of deciding for us"
While we wait for our food, they brought our drinks and bread (6:35pm), i remember the time because I text my husband of where we were. 10 minutes later came another customer who sat behind us, the way they treat him; seems like he is a regular customer. They attended to him to everything he needed. While they come back and forth to his table, they never even asked us if we're doing fine or if we need more soda or if we need more bread (i let that go because i was thinking ok maybe that's how it is there a little slow). around 7:10pm, they came back with a plate so i was thinking it was our food, but no it was the "regular" customer's salad! i was like, weren't we here first and we've been waiting for our food for about 30 minutes already but nothing's come out yet. So i told my daughter who was very hungry that we're leaving and we're going someplace where we will be attended well. I went up to the greeter and told her we are leaving because i can not wait for another 30 minutes for my food to arrive; here comes the manager or maybe owner and asked us what's wrong so i told her that i can't wait anymore and all she said was "ok i'll cancel your order" DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZED THAT THEY WERE SO SLOW!!!! WHAT'S WRONG WITH US? JUST COZ WE WERE DRESSED IN JEANS UNLIKE THE OTHER CUSTOMERS THERE WHO ARE IN SUITS OR NICER CLOTHES... OH WELL, WHATEVER IT IS, NOT GOING BACK THERE AT ALL.