Chula Vista Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$109
US$115
US$192
Residence Inn
US$62
Rodeway Inn & Suites Chula Vista(Chula Vista)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$97
Priceline
US$108
US$109
All reviewswafflescontinental breakfastrooms are cleanstayed for two nightshouse keepingcereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed here for 2 weeks. Most people are familiar with the Best Western chain but we find that there is a big difference sometimes between the various locations.

The staff here were fantastic, very helpful. The location is excellent too, half a block from either a gas station convenience store or a 7/11.

We were close to malls and the downtown of Chula Vista. Lots of restaurant choices within walking distance, close to WalMart and other shopping too.

To explore the area is just a few minutes drive to catch a trolley. They go anywhere from the San Diego Zoo, downtown, or even the Mexican border.

The hotel is just a few blocks to the freeway so it is very handy.

They had a pool but we weren't too impressed.

The only thing that wasn't so positive – and this may have more to do with the people than the hotel – is there was a fair amount of noise from other rooms, lots of noisy kids, people smoking outside our room and it coming in through the air conditioning, people shouting from the second floor where we were to the parking lot below. And the adjoining rooms made loud noises when the doors banged shut.

The price was excellent and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
BWCHULAVISTA, General Manager at Chula Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2013

Dear John P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay with us. My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to San Diego, CA and that we were able to take care of you during this time. We apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced and thank you for your feedback as this will help us improve for our future guests' stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.

BEST WESTERN Chula Vista Inn Management and Staff

Reviewed 6 January 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 13 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This was my first stay at the Best Western Plus Chula Vista and it was ok for the price I paid. I only stayed at this hotel because it was less than a mile from where I was going for business. Upon arriving to the hotel and checking in, Anderson greeted me at the counter with excellent customer service. He checked me in and gave me room, after going to my assigned room "room 309" I noticed the door was proped open and the bathroom light was on. I didn't even bother going inside the room, I immediately went back down told him the room looked occupied. He apologized and gave me another room on the first floor. To my surprise the room looked clean but had your typical hotel smell. However, I was next door to the loudest people ever...and it even got louder during my second day there. After I checked out after two days, I was told I was next door to some construction workers who was working on some power plant on L St. Overall my stay was OK. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for anyone on vacation, but good for a night or two if in need of a place to stay in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BWAJ
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This is a safe, clean hotel for the area. Nothing spectacular even by Best Western standards. Good for a quick stop on your travels. Rooms were clean and average. Parking was good. Breakfast was basic with cereal, hard boiled eggs. and coffee. They said breakfast was untill 10,
and I was running late so I went back to get some coffee at 9:40 and they had everything closed and did not even offer me coffee anywhere else. The area is quiet at night as it is in a light business area. It is several miles away from any attractions, good for a night as there are not a lot of good options in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business