“Great Value”

Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
Westminster, California
“Great Value”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I booked a room here during Comic Con to avoid the high prices of the downtown hotels. The last time I stayed at this hotel I was on the 3rd floor and the front desk honored my request to be on the same floor. Although this location is not what I'd call a destination resort, it's a simple and clean hotel for those who are on a budget.

This was my second time staying and it was just as clean, sufficient, and friendly as the last. Since my last stay, I noticed that they upgraded the flat screen to a larger one. Reading others' reviews leads me to believe some aren't doing their research before booking. This hotel is in an older part of town which I think other guests don't keep in mind. They provide a clean room with everything you need for a comfortable stay with nice staff. If you want to pay $50-$150+tax more, you will get a nicer hotel located in a desirable area. You get what you pay for, and more at this hotel. I'll return to this location if I'm in San Diego. As a traveler who depends on reviews, let's all try to have reasonable expectations.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CAnative714

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

The hotels that were our first choices sold out, but it was a good thing we found out. This hotel evoked a 5 rating due to the level of service and amenities we received at practically a Motel6 rate. We had free parking, wifi, and breakfast, a larger updated room in a quiet location per husband's request. The beds were okay, but I prefer a plusher mattress. The rest of the family enjoyed the firmer feel which worked out. We wanted to use the pool on our last day but unfortunately there were about 5 other families in the area. That was a let down since it was very hot. Anderson was a memorable part of our stay. He was a professional young man that deserves a promotion.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Happypilgrim9
Terre Haute, Indiana
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and had a perfectly fine experience. As others have posted, it is not the Ritz nor is it the horror that some referred to. We were in room 236 which was clean, the bed was comfortable, the air conditioner worked fine, etc. There was one minor idiosyncricy---the bathroom light would come on by itself during the night! I'd get up to shut it off and a few hours later it turned itself back on! A haunting at the hotel or bad wiring? It never happened during the day.
The hotel is convenient to San Diego and allows easy access to all attractions without the big city hassle. As a matter of fact, we attended an evening concert in Balboa Park that ended at 9:30 and we were back at the Best Western by 9:50.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 54Nancy54
Torrance, California
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We chose to stay here again because of the great experience we last had at this hotel. The same front desk personnel Anderson, Erica, and Claudia were there still and remembered me! I absolutely recommend this hotel to my friends and family just based on service from the staff. The fact that the rooms are clean and comfy of course are contributing factors as well. See all of you next year!

• Stayed July 2013
chula vista, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

clean, and comfortable. Not close to much of interest that I know, but liquor store across the street and pool with Jacuzzi seemed clean. Staff was kind. One ice machine on ground floor. small parking lot, but adequate. microwave and fridge in the room was helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I have never stayed in such a terrible hotel. I am very surprised Best Western would put their name on it. The beds were so springy, noisy, and uncomfortable it was impossible to sleep. I think the mattresses are from the 1970s. The bathroom was deplorable. Dirty, mismatched tiles, poor caulking, caved in ceilings and the hot and old were backwards. Weird black filth that looked like dark sand would drip out of sink and in toilet. I slept closest to the door so I could protect my wife and children from an intruder if need be. Would have rather slept in a tent near the beach. Facilities probably would have been better.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DRD78
Bath, Maine, United States
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My daughter and I checked in on Saturday night and left on Monday. The room was very clean and the breakfast we very good. Waffles and hard boiled eggs, muffins and microwave sandwiches and juice. The pool is much smaller than the picture on the website. There was a slight gap under the door, but I have seen worse, I just used a towel to block it better. When I got home I realized I had left a VITAL part of my sleep machine in the room and Anderson was a VERY VERY helpful person. He had it shipped right away! I would not hesitate to stay again. It was centrally located to the highway and many attractions.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family