“LOVED IT!!”
Review of Palomar Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chula Vista
Palomar Inn
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
Reviewed 27 May 2013

My hubby & I have officially made this our spot for when we need to just get away for a night or two. The price of this inn, cannot be beat for the quality of the room. First let me start off by saying that initially I was skeptic as we pass by this inn often, and when trying to find a hotel to stay at I kept putting this place off bc of how it looks on the outside and the location. After a while, of getting frustrated w/ finding nothing but super high prices for rooms, I finally gave in and I'm SO glad that I did!! We booked for Friday 5/24/13 on the previous Thursday at $59.99 + tax, so altogether $65 bucks for a mini king suite. It had a large King sized bed, a refrigerator, a microwave, a plasma on the wall, a little love sofa and a coffee table placed right in front of it, there's also a desk w/ a chair that you can move around the room to have a little dinner at w/ your love :) I swapped the position of the coffee table w/ the desk in the room so we could enjoy a little romantic dinner together. The room had a very CLEAN bathroom, CLEAN ROOM & FRESH CLEAN SHEETS & PILLOWS! The bed is VERY soft!! We were really surprised!! Do not judge a book by its cover! The surroundings might be deceiving, but this place was like a home away from home on the inside. The owner, is very nice! He was nothing but helpful and when we decided we wanted to sleep in just a little bit longer, we called the front desk and he allowed us to stay an extra hour free of charge. We will definitely be coming back! :)

Room Tip: Make sure to book before Friday, before the prices go up!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shannah F

Reviewed 17 May 2013

I've been here numerous amount of times and I can assure you this is the best place to stay for the money. Staff is awesome!! Yogi ( The Manager ) is so accommodating. Best Customer Service by far and great rooms!! If you want to get a great hotel without the high rates, this is it::-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed at inn for almost a week and have to say I enjoyed my time there. The staffs are extremely friendly, the room's clean, flatscreen tv, lots of channels, fridge, microwave, and free wifi. The place was really convenient for me for I'm a night owl and there's a 24 hour gas station across the street. The best about this inn is its location, the Palomar Station is just a block away and there are places such as KFC, Jack in the Box, McDonalds, Subway, Panda Express, Food4Less, Costco, Wal-Mart, Target, Chase, Wells Fargo, and etc.. all within walking distance.

After my stay here, I stayed in 2 more motels that costed more than this place and I have to say this place beats those places hands down.

The only thing I have to complain about this place would be the WiFi, I shouldn't really complain because they're free and working but on weekends it was so slow. I spent about 5 minutes just to login to my bank account and gave up because it took so long. I'd say if you're just using the internet to browse than you should have no problem but anything else would frustrate you.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 March 2013

To start the place looks nothing like pictures. When we arrived I was really uncomfortable checking in. They have carpet in the outdoor hallways that are so dirty they look black not red. The room were as promised, 2 kingsize and it had a 27 in tv. Big deal. The room have very poor sound proofing, and the type of people that stay there party until 4 am. They are outside because the rooms are non smoking. Very bad place too stay.....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Margueritte J
RMJ123, Owner at Palomar Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Thanks but no thanks.

You stayed in room 301 three nights. The room is 450 sq. feet, Two extra large cal.king beds,completely furnished with 32' flate panel Samsung T.V.+ Refg./Micro./Coffee Maker/Hair Dryer with Primium Folgers Coffee in Room. You enjoyed our Free movies HBO/SHOW-TIME/CINEMAX and Free High Speed Internet. You very well enjoyed our compilmentary breakfast every morning.--all three nights you stayed at Palomar Inn. You paid $67.49 per night. Is any hotel in San Diego County can offer you that! The answer is No.

You should check for color blindness with your eye doctor. You can not see color of our brand new red carpet that is installed in Feb. 2013 that we did installed, after one customer's recomondetion to change the old carpet in one of the reviews.

You are really ignorant and a negetive personallity person who can not see a positive thing in the life. For three nights you enjoyed everything and now you bad mouth for Palomar Inn. Who is paying you for that! Our competition! You can not see that the TV is 32' HD TV not 27' that you wrote we had since 2011. You know what, you are completly wrong on your review on all the things about Palomar Inn.

People were outside your room in hallway. Yes, it is spring break time now,and people enjoy in spring break. We do not have any problem with people smoking outside in the hallway. You paid only for your room, did not pay for the hallways and you can not and you do not have any control over other people's right to smoke out side.

We do not want your business in future. Never ever come to Palomar Inn. You are not allowed on our property. We own and operate this property for many many years and we are proud of our operations very much.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

After having cancer treatment in Mexico I was too exhausted to drive 4 hours home so I pulled into this hotel to get some sleep. The expression, "Don't judge a book by it's cover" definitely applies in this case! The walkways (no indoor corridors) are very shabby and dirty looking due to the very well worn outdoor red carpet. I wondered what the heck I'd let myself in for but when I opened the door to my room I had a very pleasant surprise. The room (215) was huge, spotlessly clean, and had a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bed was VERY comfortable, the pillows were great, the sheets were pressed and in excellent condition and the towels were soft, fluffy and pure white. I don't know if room 215 had been recently remodeled but it was better than my room at the Sheraton a few weeks before and this was a lot less expensive at $59 a night. The desk clerk/ manager was very pleasant and accommodating. I highly recommend the Palomar Inn but don't know if all rooms are as nice as 215 so you might want to ask before you go.

Room Tip: See if Room 215 is available or ask if all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Lynn D
Reviewed 20 February 2013

All the basics that add up to a quality simple stay. The manager and staff are helpful and friendly. The room is as you'd expect, neat and clean, all systems working well.
We enjoyed the nearby Tijuana Estuary Visitor Center and other nature centers in the area. Taking the Silver Strand Blvd up to Coronado was also a worthwhile mini adventure.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DocDick_47
Reviewed 11 February 2013

its was a reasonable price, we booked it direct to the hotel for $59 a night, clean and spacious for a double king bed, the manager was kind and easy to talk with.Microwave and coffee machine and a free breakfast on the AM, and a huge TV and close to amenities restaurant and shopping mall.
most of all its CHEAP and CLEAN

Hercor Hotel - Urban Boutique
#3 of 22 in Chula Vista
Best Western Plus Marina Gateway Hotel
Days Inn San Diego Chula Vista South Bay

Been to Palomar Inn? Share your experiences!