“Always a pleasant experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palomar Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chula Vista
Palomar Inn
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
“Always a pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

Between 2012-2013 I used to travel often to Chula Vista. Traveling alone, and staying by myself after my days out, the feeling of safety was HUGE. I'd previously stayed at the GoodNight Inn a little ways away and there was always some commotion outside, it was isolated, the rooms felt icky, and I just hoped I could find a better place.

The Palomar was recommended and I could not feel any better. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, the location is splendid considering the trolley station is just down the road, theres a marina closeby and PLENTY of stores/places to eat. There are security cameras on nearly every corner and someone always at the front desk.

The pricing, for what I was looking for and how long I was staying was reasonable. The Palomar easily became my go-to and when I do go back, I'll be staying with them again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Miriam A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

I booked the Palomar as it was convenient to business meetings I attended in Chula Vista. Stayed 4 nights, and was more than happy with the accomodation. Yogesh was affable, informative, and ensured my needs were attended to. I found my room clean, well kept and with all the amenities one would expect. Location was excellent, with shops, trolley train eateries all within close proximity. In Australia, this would be a $120 a night room, so at less than $50 bucks, represents value. Add in the complimentary breakfast in the lobby you got to be happy.
While tipping is not a custom of Aussie culture, on a friends advice I left a $10 on the pillow each day, and room was spotless with fresh everything on my return. Would book again.

Room Tip: There is a lift to the second floor. Nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Bill_of_adelaide
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We were a bit apprehensive about coming to the Palomar Inn, as my friend made the reservation online from a pop-up that appeared while searching for a place for us to stay after a concert at the Sleep Train Amphitheater. We were pleasantly surprised. Yogesh, the manager, greeted us nicely when we entered the lobby. He was very cordial and answered all our questions about the hotel. He even offered to show us the room before completing the check-in.

Our room was a Family Suite which had three king beds, two in one room and one in an adjoining room, with a large bathroom attached. Both rooms had a 27" TV and they have HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime along with lots of other cable channels. Each room also had a refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffee maker. The beds were quite comfortable and we all slept well.

The room was extremely clean. In fact, it smelled so clean that we turned on the a/c to bring in some fresh air from outside.

The bathroom had a nice large countertop. It was very clean. The water pressure in the shower was good but not great, but we must all do what we can to conserve water. There were plenty of towels in our room and they were all clean and fresh.

They have an ice machine and a soda machine. They also have a continental breakfast in the morning.

So, if you are going to a concert at the Sleep Train Amphitheater or need to stay in the Chula Vista area, the Palomar Inn would be a thrifty and comfortable place to spend the night.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steven H
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

the evening manager was not pleasant.
The rooms were unkempt and dirty. Hairs were found on the towels.
We stayed two nights as we're were already locked in.
Never staying here again.
The wifi never ever worked.
Yogesh you are a nice charming man, but your hotel needs help.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Geordino
RMJ123, Public Relations Manager at Palomar Inn, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Mr. Geordino:

We have taken all the action for slow internet and the new system will be placed this week. Our housekeeping staff has been briefed for all the details you mentioned. We sincerely apologize for your difficulty during your stay. We will do everything in our ability to prevent that in future.

GM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my 5 nights here. Yogesh, the manager, was very accommodating and the cleaning staff was friendly and thorough.
The location is perfect with many storefronts and restaurants within walking distance, and for those using public transit, the trolley stop is 1 block away.
For $49 a night, Palomar Inn cannot be beat!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mclov1n
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stay in this hotel for 2 nights, It was very pleasant stay, just to go to sleep. I thinks the bed are not so comfortable but it was ok. We would defenietly stay here again.
Average price.
Insuficient parking lot (but you can park in the street beside)
Wifi works ok.
You don't even notice the freeway noise.
If you want to breakfast or dinner outside in 5 minutes through Palomar ave. you can found a Mc Donalds, Jack in the box, etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Nestor A
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

It was a horrible stay. I am not exaggerating you can check the pictures that I have added. I don't know how they got so many positive reviews!! The room and the bathroom were dirty and stinky. Water in washbasin was pouring to the carpet..It was unbelievable..There was a sunflower seed in the towel!!! If you check the negative reviews you can see how polite the management is!!! I definitely won't stay there and I don't recommend it..It is not expensive, i have paid 66 dollars per night but it doesn't even worth for 20 dollars

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Minikcik
RMJ123, Manager at Palomar Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thanks for getting our attention. Yes the room you stayed needed a little maintenance. It was overlooked due to the motel sold out every single day. Our maintenance department has aknowledge all of these and repaired and resolved all of these issues.

Management