“best hotel ever! excellent customer service”

Hercor Hotel - Urban Boutique
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for our three year anniversary... the place was super easy to find. Get your own private parking space, they have a little parking lot to park while you go check in since you need the card key to get in the parking lot. The checkin was the easiest and fastest checkin we ever did.. we stayed in many different hotels this is the only hotel that cared about their customers!!! The employees will help or say hi and talk to you every single time. It was very comforting. It has a small but very nice lobby. The rooms were decent size.. the TV is great. Has HD channel to choose from.. the bed is AMAZING! It the was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on!!! The bathroom was great. It looked every very nice. The shower is the best ever. The water pressure was great and relaxing.. and they have a little breakfast lounge that is served 6:30 - 10AM ... the first night we got
There it was like 11.. we checked the lounge out and because breakfast was over. We werent expecting to eat there since we were about to go get brunch. We drove 4 hours without breakfast. And the lady who was cleaning asked us if we wanted to eat since there was leftovers. So we ate breakfast there and my favorite is the hash browns! Not much food to choose from but wateves. Its still good.. Location is close to many restaurants and gas station and the freeway .. I can definitely compare this to a very high end hotel, (hyatt, hilton, holidayinn, ect.) For a really great price...

customer service is a five star.. id give them 10 if I can!
The room is a five star as well... I love this place....

definitely would stay here again!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jm0709

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed two nights for business in the area. The room was clean and functional, though a bit small. The bathroom was upscale. The front desk folks were great. Parking is secure and convenient. The only negative is noise. You definitely want an upper floor room away from the main street, but there is still noise from other rooms. Despite that quibble, I recommend it and plan on staying there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Cute and charming hotel with a modernist influence (small, clean, and to the point). New, clean, inexpensive room with all the right amenities. The bathroom only has a shower and the doors, well wall, is glass but there is a curtain. Down side...thin walls as you can hear everything going on. Might annoy some people, just don't be loud unless you like to be heard.

The continental breakfast is wonderful! Don't forget your key, otherwise the door will not open. You can grab a quick bite or grab something to go. Hash-browns, breads, eggs, bacon, cereals, yogurt, meats, and cheese, sandwiches.....

4  Thank Redbear21
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed here for only 2 nights, but if we could stay more we would be even more happy. Almost everything is perfect in this hotel. It is brand new with all the modern amenities i.e. new carpet, 24" tv, contemporary room and bathroom design, breakfast included in the already very low price as well as apples and cookies during the day, free parking. Add to this very polite, invisible and efficient stuff service, and it is very easy to realize that you are staying in one of the best hotels. There are tons of shops and restaurants in walking distance from the hotel(Macys, Starbucks, 7/11 and everything else you may like). The best deal you can get through their website. It's just $93 per night for three of us including taxes. When we visit San Diego next time we will definitely stay here, and we will recommend this hotel to our friends.
As always there is room for improvement. For the total perfection we would add an iron, a trash basket in the living room, and a mirror at the entrance to the room.
Thank you, Hercor hotel, for the pleasant experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank UCman
Reviewed 28 March 2014

It was a pretty nice place to stay although I did run into a couple of issues.
I did a Groupon for my last 2 nights in San Diego/Chula Vista for a single deluxe room. I'm not sure if I overlooked it on the site or other reviews that there is a $100 deposit to stay there but it is removed from your credit card around a day after you check out. I received my card keys which did not immediately work and had to be switched out. A couple that came in a little before me had issues with theirs too.
The single room main area is a little more compact and I probably hit my lower leg about 2 or 3 times on the bed corner going to the bathroom. The bathroom was a very nice size and very up to date. The only real drawback there is it's not that bright even if you turn all of the bathroom lights on. It makes it a little harder to put make up on if you need to see how much is actually on your face.
The first night for me was a little miserable due to the smoke alarm battery decided it was time to sure. I called down to the front desk to let her know and she came up to change the battery but only had AA batteries and no 9 volt batteries. Apparently they don't have anyone at night that can fix that so I literally spent the whole night listening to that beep when all I wanted to do was sleep. The maintenance guy was able to fix it the next morning do I didn't have to go through it another night.
The breakfast was nice although I wish there would have been a microwave because I would have loved to have melted cheese on my eggs. Since there is limited seating at tables there is seating at the wall bar but be mindful if they have the windows open where the screens are exposed you will probably be sharing your breakfast time with some small flying bugs.There is a nice little selection of eggs, bacon, hash brown patties, lunch meat, cheeses, cereal, juice and milk.
I stopped in that night to see what they offered for the guest but I must have arrived later in the evening when there was only fruit and a little bit of water left. The next night I was lucky enough to get the last package of cookies. I'm not sure if they restocked later on.
I did like that they had covered parking in the front and the back.
I also agree with other reviews that the rooms are not very soundproof as I could here the person above me singing in the bathroom/shower.
Overall, it wasn't to bad of a room based on the value and wouldn't mind giving it a try again if I get to come back.
Lastly, if you love street tacos, this is right across from Tacos El Gordo! A must do if you want to eat on a budget just be prepared for it being busy.

Room Tip: Try and get a corner room since they apparently are the ones with a small table and chairs outside t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DestinyStL
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Very helpful staff. NIce, clean rooms with a large King bed and a walk in shower that I already miss. We woke up to a very nice breakfast in the lounge. Had parking in the front and the back as well as covered parking in the front in case of rain. All in all a great place and we will be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Jeremy B
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed a couple of nights...LOVED the water pressure from the shower, great bed to sleep on, adequate channels on TV...hotel was more of an "inn" located on a main road right next to the freeway, between residential & commercial buildings...free parking, free internet, free breakfast (yogurt, small cereal boxes, cheeses, hams, scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, bread - white & wheat, orange juice)...was modern...the room key is required to be placed into a slot in order to turn on the lights...the walls are kinda thin & we heard one of our neighbors snore during an afternoon nap but other than that, we enjoyed our stay.

1  Thank MissDvo
Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
#5 of 22 in Chula Vista
Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South

Been to Hercor Hotel - Urban Boutique? Share your experiences!