“Time After Time, a Great Place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chula Vista
Chula Vista RV Resort
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Time After Time, a Great Place”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We’ve been coming to this park for many years after having lived in San Diego and never knowing about it! A few years back we talked my folks into joining us for a week with their MH (after swearing they loved a Mission Bay Park instead). They extended their stay two more weeks and have been returning for the entire summer for the past two years. We just took friends with us who also fell in love with the park. There aren’t many options in San Diego that aren’t overrun with kids and water toys. This park is refreshing. The people are wonderful. The Marina Galley is a great place for a bite. The Trolley is nearby. I could go on and on and on and on. We always look forward to our visits. I call it my “Lucy-Desi” park as it reminds me of the parks in the movie “The Long, Long Trailer”. And…WE ARE NOT OLD…we simply appreciate a great place.

Room Tip: Reserve early!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank jiggerb

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Torrance, California
Reviewed 22 July 2011

We've been staying at Chula Vista RV Resort for 16 years during July & August. I consider the resort to be a 5 Star RV Resort. The staff is very nice, the grounds are very clean. We've never had a bad experience here. On July 4th during 2008 the resort was as full as we have ever seen it. The park next door was jammed packed with families celebrating the 4th and enjoying the wonderful events put on by the city. The fireworks show was spectacular. Even with those kinds of crowds and celebrating that lasted a little beyond the 10PM quiet time, we still had a great 4th of July.

Unfortunately, due to cut backs, the city sponsored events and fireworks have been cancelled for the past two years. Now the 4th of July is relatively quiet and not as fun.

This is a great place to stay to see and do all the things the San Diego area has to offer.

A comment on some of the reviews regarding kids and the park rules- Please keep in mind, all RV Resorts must carry liability insurance, the insurance companies force them to have rules designed to limit injuries. If the resort does not enforce the rules, their insurance can be cancelled or the rates raised to the point where costs will be too high.

We had a friend that had a small amusement park in a resort town, the insurance rates got so high that he could no longer afford to stay in business. Please take this into consideration when you stay at private campgrounds & resorts. The resort wants your business, they want you to have fun but they also want to stay in business.

Room Tip: The pull through sites are well worth the extra money
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank TheBearII
Lancaster, California
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My wife and I, my daughter and son in law and my son's inlaws all rented 3 spots together for 4 days to celebrate the return of my son from a lenghthy deployment with the USAF. The first night we were all in bed by 9:30 pm as my son and family were all on east coast time and with a 1 and 3 year old they were exhausted from traveling. We woke up about 6:30 and my wife and my son's mother in law sat with the 1 and 3 year old out at the pic- nic table from about 6:45 am until the rest of us woke up and went outside at about 8am. We were gone most of the rest of the day returning about 10pm that night and each had a very nasty official warning written from the park about noise complaints before 8 am and after 10pm and stating we should have more consideration for others. Personally I was ready to pack up and leave, a 1 and 3 year old playing games at a pick nic table,(used to east coast time) waking at 6:30 am and knowing we were in bed that prior night at 9:30. They need to check out complaints rather than just send out nasty unfounded acquisations. The last time we stayed here at 2pm in the after noon a large family reunion was gathering in the spot next to us trying to organize there large group photo, I think they had over 20 spots in the park,within minutes security comes from all directions as they had a report from a neighboring site that a large unruly group of over 30 was gathering and partying in one space. I checked this family out, no alchohol in site, never was, great family values having a reuninon trying to take a group photo and get treated like common criminals. This park caters to the elderly only anymore, and should promote that they are not famly friendly. Well my wife would not let me pull out that night, but we were successful in resceduling two large RV Club trips to Chula Vista RV, one with 60 participants and one with arounf 50, we will go where we are appreciated.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank donrltr
Beaumont, CA
Reviewed 21 June 2011

I'm surprised by the very old (2006) review by the two lesbians that got booted out. My partner and I (two males to be specific) have been staying here for about 10 years, and have always been welcomed by the staff.

This last visit the staff was incredibly friendly hosting a wine and cheese tasting one afternoon in the lovely courtyard that was very friendly.

As far as the anti-family comments go, my kids broke the pool rules and were left alone most of the time. On the last day (a Monday) a very friendly lady came out of the store and stopped them from jumping in. I don't know why people are put out by the "no jumping" rule, it's so common today. Sure I'd like the kids to be able to climb trees and jump in the pool, but the resort doesn't want to risk a lawsuit if someone gets hurt. Blame the lawyers for the no jumping/climbing rules. And yes there are three hours out of 12 that the pool is adult only time, and it's prominently marked, so it shouldn't be a big deal to take an hour break.

As far as the area goes, I would not call it it ghetto (maybe I would if I was from some area like Beverly Hills). The public park is very nice to walk in. Lot's of people with dogs. But it is a public park and does get it's share of people being silly, especially on weekend nights. You can walk to two nice restaurants. We have not eaten there recently, based on reviews they do seem to have gone down hill. The rest of the immediate area is Industrial. Beyond that you need a car, and Chula Vista is pretty working class, but with-in 15 to 30 minutes you can be in La Jolla, San Diego, Coronado or even Mexico if you please. So the locations is great. San Diego is great!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank wheelanddeal
Reviewed 20 October 2010

We have stayed here many times as a family of 2 children ages 8 and 10. We love this park but seems families are not very welcomed. They are all over my kids for, running around, riding bikes too fast, playing in the street, eating in the pool area, and just simply having fun. Also, we were kicked out of the pool during senior swim time and not a single senior showed up. Making 6 families leave for this is ridiculous!!!! In addition, you can only burn the duraflame logs here. We are very much aware of this and do follow this rule. One of the frouchy old men came and looked at and checked our duraflame four different times. How annoying........! Keep it 55 and older if thats what you want to cater too! Grouchy, unwelcoming people!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
10 Thank dprell
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed 28 August 2010

Chula Vista RV Resort and Marina rated as a five star, but I would be more comfortable with a strong rating of three stars; with explanations. The resort is fabulously manicured and cleanliness second to none, but if you want to resort in a police state this is your resort; they have more signs posted then the New Jersey turnpike. No Pet’s here, Don’t climb on trees, Don’t play on or near patio furniture sliders, Don’t Fart in the pool, No Jumping, No Diving, No Food; the list could continue. My five year old mistakenly opened a cheese snack within the pool area, and security was on us like the Gestapo; which rules are rules but no consistency on enforcement. Second issue was my five year old who was in the general store with her mother, was merely looking at toy ball and carefully removed it from the display and the store clerk sharply informed her if she’s not going to buy it do not touch it. I found this resort not to be children friendly at all. Even in the resorts handouts at registration they have a brief notation that children’s toys or bicycles’ can be confiscated and not returned until checkout; very extreme. I practice the spirit and letter of the law, and not dictatorship ruling that makes for uncomforting feeling.
The park caters primarily to the senior crowed, which I have no problem with; but with that then make it a fifty-five and over and no children. My children are very well disciplined and their brief contact with Attila the Hun in the general store tainted they thought of the park. I asked the Attila the Hun if the children were allowed to step on the cracks in the cement sidewalk; but I did not get a reply.
Security services at night patrol the resort in great consistency checking every site, door, and common areas; and their hand held radios blaring. One night security officer found my vehicles door left open and notified me promptly, which was much appreciated. The general store is grossly overpriced on most every item especially beer and wine, so if you enjoy the sprits pack heavy. The surrounding community is to my standards a ghetto, but did find a Rubio’s for lunch. Don’t waist you money at the Marina Galle and Grill even for the all you can eat, the food is low grade dog food and they smile as they serve it to you; every table around us complained of the poor quality and nothing was done to satisfy the customer.
In closing Chula Vista RV Resort is an emasculate resort, but if you’re not a senior and have children this is not the park for you. I found the general staff rather arrogant and as mentioned managed as a police state. I appreciate a safe and secure environment for my family camping/resort vacations, which we experience at any of our Thousand Trails membership and parks such as Ocean Mesa at El Capitan in Santa Barbra, and I can assure those reading this review that expense is not an issue with me. Chula Vista fell greatly short of my expectations, and would be surprised if I returned. Next time at the pool somebody drop a BabyRuth bar in there for me. Thank you for your time and consideration regarding the content of this review.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
8 Thank PDKSBSD
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Our RV club goes to Chula Vista RV resort every year because of the great location, facilities, and friendly people to work with. We like it so much that we go there with friends, as well.

In response to another review from a lesbian couple who were asked to leave the resort, I hope that is never repeated. Last year there was another club, best described as a Rainbow RV group, enjoying the resort. I didn't notice any friction between this group and other campers, or with the management.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Loews Coronado Bay Resort
San Diego Metro KOA
San Diego Metro KOA
#1 of 3 in Chula Vista

Been to Chula Vista RV Resort? Share your experiences!