“Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Chula Vista
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Chula Vista
“Don't Judge A Book By It's Cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

When we first pulled into the parking lot my boyfriend wanted to leave. The building, from the outside, isn't the most appealing.. but don't let that deter you. The room itself is beautiful. We are the first guests in this particular room. The hotel has only been open for a week (today is 5/16/14). For $70 on a Friday it is WELL worth the price. There's a flat screen TV with plenty of cable channels to flip through. There are also a bunch of input options on the TV (which is an LG), we did not use the inputs, but they look like they can be used to plug in a laptop with an HDMI cable, USB cord or video camera. A swiveling office chair at the desk, as opposed to those hard wooden chairs that are typically at hotels at this price range.. A blow dryer, iron and full sized ironing board, two mirrors (one above the sink and the always useful full length one). The bathroom was clean, and towels were folded nicely, reminiscent of the Carnival cruise line folds. The manager was very helpful. After learning that I'd had major issues because of Expedia while booking he gave me a bottle of water and offered to come to my room with the paper for me to sign when it was ready.. so that I could settle myself in. Great customer service is very important to me. Overall great value! I would definitely book here again!

Cons:
-There was a small white spider on the headboard when we walked in. But, I attributed that to the hot weather in this area and the fact that we're in a ground level room.
-Expedia had an issue interfacing my reservation with the Rodeway-Choice Hotels system. The woman at the counter was of NO help. Thankfully the manager just happened to show up.. Once he arrived, we learned that all we needed to do was call Expedia and have them fax the reservation over to the office. Why couldn't she tell us that before? Especially since the manager did tell us that this is not the first case of this happening. In this case, I guess we'd attribute this to them being such a new establishment.. But still, isn't requesting a fax simple enough to figure out? Also, when the manager came she took him into the back room to tell him something in private. When he came back out he asked us if we knew anyone who was already staying here.. (no, we didn't) but, what was that about? I felt that was kind of rude, but insignificant enough to let go.
-The floors are hard wood. I would figure that's more sanitary than carpets, which is great.. but after I took a shower and stepped out into the bedroom, my feet felt dusty. It made me wish they had left a broom and dustpan in the room with us. I don't know if the floors were dusty due to our shoes when we walked in, but either way it was very unpleasant. I feel like I should throw a towel on the floor to step on when I get out of the bed.
-Finally, the room is small (we're in a standard queen bed room). For a couple, it's perfectly fine.. We've had no problem with it, but if you're looking for a spacious room, this isn't it.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DarleneR06
Harsh D, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Chula Vista, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your valuable response.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)