“best western chula vista”

Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
Reviewed 30 January 2012

we went to so cal jan 19-26. stayed in the chula vista best western. the service was excellent and the clean up/maid service was fantastic! a very good job. the hotel rooms are old, out dated, only 50 channels available, the bathroom was super old. everything overall was old.. but it was QUIET.. their was surveilance cameras so that was appeasing. the continental breakfast was pretty disappointing. the breakfast room was 15X15 foot room with cereal dispensers a few apples a few oranges, 1 waffle maker, and a few danishes. nothing to rave over. i would never stay here again due to the quality of the room. i would def pay the extra for a "nicer" room.. but if you cant afford to spend more.. this hotel is def worth the money you save

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I stayed on this hotel last week of December 2011. Carpet was dirty and smelly, there were some ants around the tub, the hotel was close to train rail, I can't sleep because of that noise. The heater in room 154 was not working, called the front desk, I was told not working and they did not even bother to compensate me for the inconvenience. The breakfast room was a joke, it's very small room, crowded all the time, waffle was a joke, there were a big line for the waffle, one staff was the only one to make waffle. I wouldn't stay on this place again. I was not able to cancel all my reservation because it wa prepaid. The environment was not an ideal place too. it was hard to locate this place.

Room Tip: Please think twice in staying on this place, there's were a lot better place than this, Comfort...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank justice21-santaclara
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Is this place a crack house or a hotel, we are still unsure. My mom always told me if I had nothing nice to say don't say anything at all, but my experiences with this place was like no other and hopefully this will give people a little insite on this place before they get jerked around like me. We show up at this place with open minds even though the outside of the hotel is run down and there's people standing around everywhere, and this is at 1 am because our flight was delayed.We check in and get to our room and were blown away by the site of it. This was a non smoking room that smelled like someone had been smoking in there for years, the carpet was so nasty I honestly felt bad for the soles of my shoes that they were subjected to something so gross. The walls were a nasty brown color, I couldn't tell if that was from years of smoking or some sort of stuff smered on the walls. The bathroom window was wide open when we showed up and we soon found out why, because it was broke and wouldn't move. With all our plane delays and being 1 am we were willing to overlook some of these things, but when the sheets were pulled back and we found dead cockroaches in the in the bed that was the last straw. We spoke to the front desk guy and he said he could do anything for us,so then we contact travelocity and they tell us to check out right away and they would call the manger in the morning to get our money back.So we do as instructed by the travelocity agent, and call back travelocity 5 days in a row , each day the manger is mysteriously unavailable. I would be unavailable to if I was running this nasty slum and not wanting to give a refund. Finally on the 6 day he manger is contacted and refuses to give a refund, and travelocity isn't any help either. I suggest you stay away from these place, unless you want to see a real slum lord.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Justin n
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I know that all Best Westerns are different but man o man was this one way different, once we pulled into the place i just wished i could have turned around and went some where else but it was too late. Upon Check in the lady was nice but never made me feel welcome. We went to our room and their was such a terrible smell that we couldnt figure out what it was called front desk to get some kind of spray to make it smell better but it only lasted a few second i was better off spraying my own perfum, as we were bringing our things to the room and got setteld we started feeling itchy and then i see their were nats in the bathroom we coulndt even sleep with the window open because their was no screen on the window, the AC didnt work good enough never did it get cold in room. This Hotel needs major improvment all around, i will not stay at this Hotel agian with my family unless it is the last resort but for now this hotel was terrible never looking back to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank cjfanning
Reviewed 4 September 2011

The door's to the rooms either do not lock correctly or they don't open very easily. Upon check in they photocopies my credit card which to me is a big no no. The room had no electrical outlets you could plug anything into because they were so loose. The original A/C which was obviously 220 Volts had been replaced with a 120 Volt el cheapo that was not strong enough to cool down the room. Worse the electical outlet the A/C was plugged into was the same one that the light used and was on a timer that turned it off every 20 minutes or so.

The shower leaked so much it was barley usable.

I did not try the free breakfast but it did not look very good.

There was a lot of noise at night but I could not see anybody partying.

But the fact that you are in severe danger of having your ID stolen from this establishment means it gets my lowest rating.

Room Tip: Danger Avoid At all Costs they are Photocopying credit cards
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank Wayne J
Reviewed 9 July 2011

When we finally got into the room there was an odor, fabreeze and air freshner helped but it never went away. what was most annoying was the key cards did not work well and it was very hard to get into the room, too at least 5-10 min each time. When we complained we were told "someone would check it out", pull door towards you put key in and it will open (did not work). Even the maid who let us into our room (without making sure who we were) had trouble opening it. The maintenance man who helped us get into room one morning said I will fix it today, but we still had trouble. When I complained yet once more when I checked out I was told we might need to replace batteries. We only ate there one day and food was okay and staff friendly, but with Aunt Emma Pancake House next door my advise go there!! Next time we will stay at Motel 6 across the street, was better.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank aznursie
Reviewed 8 July 2011

Door to the room extremely difficult to open. Receptionist not very helpfull. We had to go back several times to complain as we could not get in.
Breakfastfacilities very poor, especially as the coffeemachine had broken down.
No working Internetfacility at the reception due to a mouse that did not work. Next day there was a good mouse installed.
Noisy airco's
Dated and substanderd for best Western !!!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple