“Just what we needed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Just what we needed”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

After spending an hour and a half researching and reading horrific reviews of the majority of the hotels in this area, I basically picked this one because of the reviews and I'm glad I did.This is a very basic hotel. The only con for me were the towels. Their pretty rough. But otherwise...that's it. If you want big fluffy towels, either bring your own or stay somewhere else. 2 star is right on the money. The value is great. Everything worked just fine, shower head, toilet, a/c, fridge. Very close to the freeway which was convinient. I asked for extra towels and I got them. Coco at front desk was very nice and helpful. I would definitely recommend and stay here again.

Room Tip: I asked for a "quite room" and they put us on the 2nd floor, room 214, didn't hear a t...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I'm very appreciative that you enjoyed your stay and the property met your expectations. We are always striving to be better with meeting our guests expectations and making improvements.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Arrived early 8/29 for a funeral. Stayed for four nights. Previous tripadvisor.com reviews were kind of all over the place. Let me make this simple for you: If you need good, clean, cheap accommodations, STAY AT THE GOOD NITE INN SAN DIEGO SOUTH BAY! If you're expecting anything more than that, DON'T STAY AT THE GOOD NITE INN SAN DIEGO SOUTH BAY! Our total for four nights was less than $300. The rooms were decent and clean. The beds were very comfortable. Very few amenities to speak of, but we knew that going in. In prior reviews some prudes mention the strip club Eyecandy next door!! PLEASE!! You cannot see or hear a thing that happens over there! It could very well be a church and it wouldn't matter. Bottom line is for the price we paid and location (right next to both North & South I-5 freeways) you cannot beat this hotel if you're on a budget. It's safe. It's clean. It's affordable. Enough said.

Room Tip: This hotel has no restaurant or fitness center. Not a bad thing; just stating fact.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you so much for your review. For providing positive feedback and for recognizing the value and for commenting on what we advertise (or don't) and that we met your expectations. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. and really appreciate EVERYTHING you mentioned.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed there over the Comic Con weekend for work, and it was better than expected. The rooms are clean and spacious, and the AC worked really well. The bathrooms were nothing special but were clean and worked without any problems. The location was great (even though there is a strip club next door); it's about a 3 minute walk to the E-street trolley station (you do have to walk across the freeway though) with some food options around. Or you can take the trolley southbound one station and get GREAT tacos at Tacos El Gordo!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to include your comments and for being informative to other readers for nearby restaurants and Events that happen in San Diego/Chula Vista. Comic Con is the biggest event for San Diego happening every July. There's lots of Excitement, lots of people and a great time to experience San Diego. Thank you for commenting that the hotel met your expectations and I hope to see you again next year. Book Early!!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 26 August 2013

OK. So here is my story. For several years my wife and I would always stay at the Good Nite Inn near Hotel Circle and LOVED it! Low price with a cool tropical atmosphere. Well for whatever reason the property was sold and done away with leaving us to find other options. Just recently we stayed at another budget motel right down the street in Chula Vista. Horrible experience. Loud barking dogs and scary people walking around the parking lot. We decided to check out the nature center down the road and just happened to look over and noticed a Good Nite Inn right there! At first look AWESOME CLEAN property kinda set in a private wooded area. A most helpful front desk lady gave me the room rates and was again blown away that your rates were LOWER than where we were staying. Did I mention how AWESOME the property is maintained? We also took a peak in one of the empty rooms with the curtains wide open. Nice! Simple and Nice! Oh by the way... two minutes down the road (or a bit longer on a bike/with paths) is the Chula Vista Marina & park. Unbelievably FUN!!! We had lunch at the Galley at the Marina. Very much looking forward to our future stay! P.S. What ever happened with your other property near Hotel Circle? (Waring Road I believe)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comment, and coming back to the Good Nite Inn Family. We do offer a quiet location just across from the Nature Center with a view of Coronado Island and the Bay. The Bike path and walking path that you mentioned are such a convenience being so close and you're right the Galley at the Marina does offer really good food and with a casual flair. the Property you spoke of which was our Waring road Good Nite Inn was bought for the land I believe they put up many condos to accommodate the SDSU Students. But just to mention if any guest needs to go to SDSU the Trolley is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Thank you and Welcome.
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Went to San Diego for a couple of days and stayed at this hotel for a night. It's off the 5 fwy on a side street. It's basic in its decor and amenities. No iron or board in the room, you have to ask at the desk for both. No in room coffee maker also. Comfy bed, clean room, it's ok for a one night stay if better hotels are booked up. Young lady at check in was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and recognition. We do our best to provide the best value by offering the best price, with Great Service and a nice clean room.
Reviewed 2 August 2013

I was pleased with the room. no bed bugs. room was very clean thank you housekeeping (by the way I used to be a housekeeping inspector for a 5 star resort) I think the value was an excellent deal. Me and my family were able to take a vacation on a budget.

• Stayed July 2013
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to include your comments. I appreciate your feedback and knowing that your own personal knowledge of housekeeping and coming from a 5 star hotel has it's own high expectations. We thank you for your positive comments and for recognizing the staff.
I'm pleased that you were able to enjoy your vacation. We hope to see you again,
HONOLULU
Reviewed 14 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here 5 nights for a relaxing stay. Upon check-in we were met by Adriana's fantastic smile. The employees seemed happy and friendly here. We found the room clean and satisfactory though the room toiletries are sparse we did have a nice refridgerator. Free parking was no problem and the location of Good Nite Inn is conveniently located near I-5 on-ramps making N/S travel quick while effectively being quiet and isolated. Many food places and shopping are nearby. Prior to checking out with appreciated assistance from Sergio Luna with my boarding passes. You can get daily morning coffee and access to a microwave in the lobby.
Mahalo Good Nite Inn!
~HT~

Room Tip: We had a room facing the lobby behind some trees which kept it cooler in the afternoon sun. The onl...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank you for the wonderful comments. Your positive outlook on every aspect of your stay feels very rewarding and motivating for the entire staff. Thank you for recognizing the housekeeping staff for providing the clean room and for the Front Desk Staff providing you with places to go, see and eat. We enjoy what we do and for having you with us
Mahalo and I hope we see you again.