“Convenient, affordable hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Downey, California
“Convenient, affordable hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I must say that I've must've spent most of my 2013 at this hotel, whenever I come visit San Diego for a day or two. What I really like about the location is that it's almost right by the trolley station at a walking distance, just right across the 5 freeway. I park my car, so that my engine takes a break (I live in Los Angeles) and the trolley station takes me to where I need to go (Tijuana, Downtown, Old Town, etc.). The front desk and hotel staff are always friendly and courteous...I remember one time when I contacted the hotel to let them know of my late arrival, the receptionist, Coco (if I recall correctly), offered me the choice of my room preference via telephone, and it was a done deal when I got there. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, and surprisingly, I hear no noise ordinance outside the hotel at night. The room prices are always affordable and reasonable :-)
Unfortunately, on my most recent stay (12/29/2013), I spotted a cockroach on the table stand next to my bed...ahhhhhhh!!! No worries, though, as it's the first time out of God knows how many times I've been coming to this hotel. Overall, I've never had an issue with this hotel, and I do recommend it to other travelers. I'll keep coming back here!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you very much for so many of the positive comments you made. We appreciate you, and for continuing to be a valued guest of ours, and I hope we never let you down. We will always try to meet your requests and provide you with the service expected. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
St. George, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

The room was nice and big. The fridge and tv worked well. There was a nori bike smell coming from the carpet, not a bad smell but like someone had recently shampooed. They have us complimentary toothpaste and had a hair dryer. The A/C unit probably needs some work done. It rattled and shut off multiple times. Parking can be an issue. All in all we would stay there again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. I do hope you enjoyed your stay. We continue to make improvements to the property by listening to our customers, and we just received several Air Conditioners this week and are still in the process of installing them. We look forward to having you again. Happy New Year! Please be safe!
moreno valley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I have stayed here twice with my husband and toddler and have enjoyed our stay both times. The rooms are a good size and are comfortable. The room was clean and I had no complaints. Just so you know it is located right next to a strip club....doesn't bother me lol. Each time I have stayed I payed less then $50 wich is great for a family on a budget... the staff was also very friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for being a loyal customer and choosing to stay with us again. We will always work to provide you with the Best Customer Service and nice clean rooms. We have a couple of more months to take advantage of our low low prices and just remember we always try to offer the Best rates with any hotel in the surrounding area. We look forward to seeing you again. I wish you have a Happy New Year!
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Walked into the room and was greeted by a roach running across the table. RED FLAG! I started inspecting the rest of the room and sure enough a couple of more roaches were crawling around inside the dresser. I requested a room change. Got it. Continued my inspection of the 2nd room and of course, there they were. More roaches; on the wall and beneath the bed. Went back down to the office, canceled my reservation, got my refund and got out of there like a bat outta hell!

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Gerald476
Thank you for commenting. while we never enjoy the negative reviews, they are just as important as the positive ones. I am really sorry if the room you were checked into had a disgusting critter inside, the unusually cold weather lately is having a effect on the outdoor animals that should remain outdoor. We have only seen them in a couple rooms which we are professionally treating and doing everything we can to terminate them so that our future guests don't have to have the same reaction you have. I wish you a very Happy New Year! and I do hope you give us the opportunity to show you we care.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed while visiting San Diego. Thought it was well situated right at the motorway exit so only 15-20 mins from downtown, not too hard to get anywhere else. Room was in need of a refit, non smoking but smoke smell still lingering on, one of the beds overdue for a change. Front desk was good. Probably would stay again.

Stayed August 2013
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for your review, and for taking the time to include your comment. We are always making improvements, so I hope the next time you choose to stay with us, you will have more comfort during your stay to enjoy it more.
Chula Vista, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have visited the Goodnite Inn several time because of their discreet location as well as their good pricing. I was amazed when I booked a stay directly at the hotel and it was under 50 bucks! Awesome price! The staff was very friendly and informative. Plus the room smelled like flowers and was very clean =) Definitely will go back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much! We enjoy hearing such positive comments, and appreciate that the service you have been receiving has been meeting your expectations. Your review is very pleasing, and continues to make me smile! Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you again,
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

room service did not do my bed atall.
i was willing to pay for wifi, but they did not have good speed, well it did not work atall.
tv remote wasnt working.
front desk was rude when requested for the promised refrigerator.

ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
I apologize this guest did not receive room service, this is not a comment we hear to often, and very seldom at that. Throw in the internet not working can really build in a dissatisfied stay. I'm truly sorry. We have received a new Gateway, router, and the internet is up and running. Remote controls are an easy fix, when batteries go bad we have plenty on hand as well as remote controls, I know it's not easy when it all is happening to you.. I apologize for any rudeness on our part, we do our best to accommodate all requests. Thank you for taking the time to include your comment.