Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista
  • Pool
Big 7 Motel(Chula Vista)
Travel Inn(Chula Vista)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleansan diegocheap placegreat pricestay there againroom keyparking lotsave moneyfelt safetrolley stationnice staymini fridgefree parkingfreewaybayratesdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2014

If you book through an agent the hotel will cancel the booking, say the payment was declined and then charge you a premium on the night. Currently having to fight through ABTA and charge back through my credit card company as the manager of this hotel explained he will not be giving a credit back on my credit card with pleasure!

I also had to use a waste bin to fill the bath with hot water from the sink as the bath tap was not working.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wildboy1983
ManagementChulaVista, General Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

To our valued guests and readers. I'm not quite sure of this incident. We receive a majority of our reservations through online websites. And the only time reservations get cancelled is when a credit card that was entered into the system through the booking process declines. At which time this becomes a non guaranteed reservation and is open to be sold. This is not just a policy of our hotel but every hotel. If I can offer a suggestion would be after reserving your room on-line call the hotel directly to confirm your reservation, but leave your phone number. We typically call our guests as a courtesy before cancelling. We really want your experience to be a pleasant one.

Catherine West

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Don't stay here is the first thing I would say. There is a odor to the room, it smelled of stale air, there is no window that you could open to get fresh air in. There was no frills to the rooms. No iron or ironing board. No coffee maker in the room. No decent t.v., all it did was static when you got near. You could hear everything. We were on the top floor and it still felt and sounded like someone was running on the roof, when they were only walking on the back side. There also were no chips or candy machines. Oh there was a soda machine, only two on the same floor!!. I would not stay here again and I will forever warn my friends to stay away. The staff can do better to see that the customer is not disturbed. There was a car that pulled into the parking lot and sat parked behind a car for ten minutes with his car running and lights on. No one came to check out why this car was there, besides the fact that it was illegally parked for TEN MINUTES!!!!!. No thank you!

Room Tip: Ask more question, even when you think they should have certain things in the room that are usually standard, ask do not leave anything to chance!!! Also ask about the surrounding area. We were at the end of the freeway, with two empty buildings on one side and a place that offered lap dances!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sandra d

Thank you for including your comments. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy your stay. We do try to inform our guests on all websites that we are limited to many amenities. We do not advertise that we offer coffee in the room, or iron and ironing board. We do offer coffee in the mornings until 11:00 am which is later than most hotels, and we do have iron and boards available at the desk. Through all of our guest comments, we have been given approval for new televisions so in October we will be receiving new FLAT SCREEN televisions. Our Windows are just about floor to ceiling and their tented to help avoid the heat of the day to come through. They are great for giving a nice view to the outdoors and the Bay. They don't open so we try to leave the doors open during the day to keep rooms fresh. I'm sorry your experience wasn't such a pleasant one, but I hope you give us an opportunity to increase your pleasure experience on your next visit.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

To see any kind of a positive review about this hotel is simply shocking. Let me break down our experience for you, so that you can see if you really want to stay there.

1. The Bed Sheets: Extremely dirty bed sheets.

2. The Hair: There was hair on our comforter and please do not ask me what kind of hair.

3. The Towels: Our towels literally had brown poopish looking matter on them.

4. The Internet: If you want internet, they charge you $5.99 a day, PER PERSON!! There is no free wifi, which is a little annoying in today's day and age and if they want to nickle and dime everyone that is up to them, however to actually give "wifi" but not let the people in the room use it is just absurd to say the least.

5. The Beds: The bed are extremely hard, at least ours was.

6. The Pillows: They are the kind that basically disappear after you put your head down, the dreaded shrinkable cheap pillows that you can buy at the store for a fraction of what decent pillows cost. They are basically poofed out when you see them, and then shrink to nothing when you put your head down.

7. The Cable TV: Its funny. They say "we have satellite", but when you get to your hotel room, they have like 10 channels. Maybe a few more than that, but certainly nothing to write home about and a far cry from what you visualize when you hear "satellite tv".

The staff was friendly, but again the professionalism of the employees grubbing down on a few feet away from the front desk, while serving the customers just felt like we were playing second fiddle to their stomachs which showed in the cleanliness of the room.

Forgot to Mention:

The Floors in the Room: My baby had literally almost black feet after walking around the carpet for an hour. She kept picking up little pieces of everything. It was disgusting.

Sincere Tips to the Hotel:

1. Wash the carpet.
2. Clean the rooms more carefully.
3. Upgrade your cable system to include at least a few more channels.
4. Do not eat where everyone can see you.
5. If you are going to charge for "wifi", give the room the access, otherwise you just look cheap.
6. Kick in a few extra dollars and provide nicer pillows. I am not talking about high grade, but come on, the flat pillows are not hotel worthy, even in dive motels.

I do not blame the staff necessarily, it seems like this place is run by people who are overly relaxed and that comes from management and ownership. Things can certainly be fixed to the point where I would recommend it, however without working on the aforementioned areas, it would be impossible.

( do a test: try walking around the carpet for an hour with clean feet. then an hour later, look at your feet. )

By the Way: We were so disappointed we did not even stay one of the nights we paid for. We were supposed to stay 3 nights, but 2 were just too sufferable.

Room Tip: They gave us a room that clearly had been smoked in, and said it was non smoking, but when I complained, they changed our room to another. Make sure if you order a non smoking room, that you get one.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank enjoyabletreats
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay here at this property. The staff was friendly, wonderful and awesome customer service. The rooms are bright and clean. The decor is updated which is nice. I will definitely stay there again. You definitely get all the bang for your buck.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Great Service, very quiet and clean rooms. Simple and easy. Located next to gas, food, marina and local outlets. Conveniently located next to the San Diego Trolley station for quick and easy travel. I would definitely stay here again. Price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business