Bought a citypass for a Disneyland vacation. Decided to travel July 2 by car from Colorado Springs. 18 hour drive. Thought it better to get the Seaworld and Zoo done before Disneyland. Everything I found on the internet in San Deigo was WAY too exspensive. Found the Goodnite Inn Chula Vista, and read both good and bad. Didn.t know what to think, but for the price and the location couldn't beat it. Arrived around noon on the 3rd stopped at the hotel even though check in is 3.00. Suprised was able to check in early. Had already reserved the room on-line. Asked if we could change to smoking room. No problem quick switch. Asked for a fridge, one was brouht soon after we unpacked. Was expecting a small dirty room. Suprised room smelled clean, looked clean, nice size. ALL the plumming worked, even the beds were comfortable. Drove to Sliverstrand Blvd to get to Coronado beach, nice drive lved it. Then drove to La Jolla Cove. Cali driving is out of this world. All those lanes, and it seems every car has to use every lane. Motorcycles get to use any part of any lane. Anyway found the Hotels location great, close to store gas station, supermarket and pleanty of places to eat. Used the swimming pool, a bit cool but seemed clean for a pool. Wasn't around much during the day, only needed something for the nights. July 4 & 5. Family of 4, 2 kids, boys 8 & 10 had a blast in San Deigo. Had the cont breakfest coffee and danishes worked well enough. Enjoyed our stay, and found hotel staff friendly, location great, price was alright 75.00 per night. Room was better then I expected. Maybe thats the clue expect the worst and you'll be happier if you get better. Good place to stay would go back if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Good Nite Inn, the number one economy hotel company in California. Come stay with us and you'll discover what our loyal customers have come to expect time and time again: comfortable, clean, and modern accommodations at unbeatable prices. San Diego South Bay Attractions include: World Famous San Diego Zoo, Petco Park, Balboa Park and Museums, and the Seaport Village. Other nearby attractions include Coronado Island, California, SD Convention Center, Chula Vista Nature Center, Coors Amphitheater, San Diego Gaslamp Quarter, Qualcomm Stadium, Sea World San Diego, and of course, the fantastic shopping found just across the Mexican Border. Close to the Trolley station to San Diego Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Good Nite Inn San Diego South Bay Hotel Chula Vista
- Good Nite Chula Vista
- Good Nite Inn Chula Vista