“pleasent stay”

GreenLeadersBronze level
colorado springs
“pleasent stay”
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Bought a citypass for a Disneyland vacation. Decided to travel July 2 by car from Colorado Springs. 18 hour drive. Thought it better to get the Seaworld and Zoo done before Disneyland. Everything I found on the internet in San Deigo was WAY too exspensive. Found the Goodnite Inn Chula Vista, and read both good and bad. Didn.t know what to think, but for the price and the location couldn't beat it. Arrived around noon on the 3rd stopped at the hotel even though check in is 3.00. Suprised was able to check in early. Had already reserved the room on-line. Asked if we could change to smoking room. No problem quick switch. Asked for a fridge, one was brouht soon after we unpacked. Was expecting a small dirty room. Suprised room smelled clean, looked clean, nice size. ALL the plumming worked, even the beds were comfortable. Drove to Sliverstrand Blvd to get to Coronado beach, nice drive lved it. Then drove to La Jolla Cove. Cali driving is out of this world. All those lanes, and it seems every car has to use every lane. Motorcycles get to use any part of any lane. Anyway found the Hotels location great, close to store gas station, supermarket and pleanty of places to eat. Used the swimming pool, a bit cool but seemed clean for a pool. Wasn't around much during the day, only needed something for the nights. July 4 & 5. Family of 4, 2 kids, boys 8 & 10 had a blast in San Deigo. Had the cont breakfest coffee and danishes worked well enough. Enjoyed our stay, and found hotel staff friendly, location great, price was alright 75.00 per night. Room was better then I expected. Maybe thats the clue expect the worst and you'll be happier if you get better. Good place to stay would go back if in the area.
jessessdad

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank jesseesdad
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 2 October 2009
WOW! It sounds as if you'll have many pleasant memories of your California visit. I am very glad we were able to be part of them. Thank you for choosing to stay with the Good Nite Inn South Bay Chula Vista. I hope you look us up on your next long distance trip!.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Sacramento
Reviewed 11 July 2009

My fiance and I took a trip to San Diego for our two year anniversary, and just let me say that the Good Nite Inn made the trip just a horrible experience overall.

The Room was not clean or organized when we arrived. The sheet on the bed was only tucked under 1 side (Who makes the bed by putting the sheet on one corner, and throws the blanket over it??!!)
Shower had black, tar like marks in the tub. And the towels, which turned into a running joke . . We only recieved 1 towel, for a room with a king size bed, and the towel couldn't even go around my torso!!! (and I weigh only 150 lbs)

Now comes the worse part of the trip. When we arrived, there was something wrong. When I told the check-in my last name, she had to enter in SO much information it was amazing. She then went back into the 'back office' part of the building and spoke to somebody (I couldn't see at the time). She came back and said, "Okay, I have your room ready, I just need your license and a credit card"
The only problem with that request was that I had already paid for the room with my credit card a month prior.
I then stated that I wouldn't be handing over my card, just because I had already paid. She then typed who knows what into the computer for the next two minutes, and then proceeded to walk into the back room again. Another woman then walks out, to blatantly tell me that, "No, you have not paid. You are not able to pay online through Expedia"
I then told her that I didn't pay on Expedia, I paid on their Hotel's website, and had seen my money come out of my account a month prior.
An attitude all of a sudden engulfed this lady. She chose to use this tone, of which nobody should choose to talk to their customer with; such as if I am the homeless person asking to use the phone or restroom, and I get the tone of 'No, we don't have anything for you here.'
But with that tone, she decided to let me know that if I chose not to hand her another card, I would have to go find another place to lodge for the night.

I was completely flabbergasted. I had even been in contact with this hotel just to make sure that everything was just fine with our reservations and everything. If I had not have just driven three hours, I might have went somewhere else.
There is much more to this story, more contact with the staff of which I didn't like. .
But you as a potential customer should understand. . .
Do Not Choose this Hotel! Stay Away.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JohnandJessie
Dear Valued Readers,
I am very sorry for any and all confusion especially for this guest. While their reservations were reserved on our own Good Nite Inn website, the Good Nite Inn Website only accepts a credit card to hold the room for a late arrival, and it is at check in that the hotel collects payment. There were no duplicate charges reported and I am sorry their Two Year anniversary started on a bad note.
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2009

Stayed three nights - nice welcome; adequate pool ( a bit cool, but fine once in the water); ok breakfast; reasonable tv selection. Good location 1 min from freeway (my room didn't seem too noisy though) and for popping to Chula Vista for shopping and/or eating. Trolley stop walkable and some eateries also walkable (plus one right next door). Nothing special but good value.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 7 October 2009
While I am always looking for ways to improve on customer service, I appreciate it when comments are made about Location, Value and how close we are to Eateries and Transportation. A person doesn't have to stay in their room while staying here. You can sit by the pool, enjoy the Sunsets, go walking or bicycling on the bike path across the street, vistit the Nature Center or take the Trolly and go shopping! Thank you for choosing the Good Nite Inn South Bay Chula Vista! and Thank you for your comments.
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 1 May 2009

The greatest thing about this hotel is its location. It is right off the freeway even though you would hardly notice that there is a freeway nearby. It is a very calm area. The hotel faces a beautiful nature reservation and the bay. When we visited all the yellow flowers were in bloom and the air smelled like honey. It was wonderful. In addition, the price was great. We would come back in a heart beat. The rooms were clean and were perfect for our purpose: we needed a home base for our visit to San Diego. This is not a hotel where you would come to just hole up in your room all day. We easily hopped on the freeway every day and enjoyed all of San Diego! In addition, you can get groceries etc in the local grocery store about 2 minutes away by car.
The hotel staff was friendly, but did not offer a lot of information: e.g. we were not informed about pool hours or rules, internet (five dollars a day!), breakfast, etc. The breakfast is nothing to wake up for: juice and sticky muffins. Also, it is expensive to have them print anything off for you and they do not offer any beds for toddlers.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank FrequentTraveller027
ManagementChulaVista, Manager at Good Nite Inn, Chula Vista, responded to this review, 11 October 2009
Thank you Very Much for all of the information you provided to the other readers. April & May I have noticed is the prettiest time of the year with the flowers in Bloom across the street in the field. Since your comments, the staff and I have been working hard to improve the information we provide at check in to mention the pool hours, restaurant locations, also about the light switch on the door frame that everyone misses when they first walk into the room. (That one causes us allot of grief because then the guest think the power is out) So we have been working to improve the customer service and offering to print boarding passes and print mapquest or google directions. But thank you for all the feedback you provided and I hope to see you back.
Best regards,
Catherine
Lakebay WA
Reviewed 25 February 2009

We enjoyed our stay at this location. Awesome staff, they were Very helpful in getting directions for us to different areas. We needed an extra pillow, and had no problem getting it.

We didn't have a microwave or coffee pot in the room, but were allowed to use the micorwave in the common area. There was a refrigerator in our room, which was helpful for keeping things cold since it was nice weather, and we did a lot of sightseeing. Everything was clean.
My only complaint would have been the 'continental breakfast', which consisted of pastries, coffee, tea, and juice, but there were many restaurants within walking distance for breakfast.
We do plan on staying there again when we go back to San Diego.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rgsimon04
Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2009

This a great value motel, 2 minutes walk from the trolley system, next to the highway, a few restaurants within a 5 minutes drive. Ask for a room facing the pool, so you don't have to listen to the highway traffic all night . I would stay here again.I booked this room through Hotels.Ca ( and saved a lot by paying in Canadian funds) WIFI was not free and was a ridiculous price. The room did have a small fridge.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank Barry M
SEIndiana
Reviewed 1 February 2009

I have been staying at this hotel 3 or 4 times a yr since 2003. It is the most reasonably priced hotel in the San Diego area for what you get. Located next to I-5 and about 3 mins to the 805 allows you easy access to San Diego and all of the South Bay. The staff is always courteous and helpful. This is not a luxury hotel, but the rooms are quite sufficient and clean. If you are looking for an inexpensive hotel near San Diego...this is it.

Stayed January 2009