“Great Place to stay while in the San Diego Area”

La Quinta Inn San Diego Chula Vista
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
Reviewed 3 March 2010

I've stayed more than once at this location and I am pleased with it every single time. I have family 5 minutes away and we stay there when we visit them, which is often. The rooms are very CLEAN. The bathroom is immaculate. I've never found any hairs or stains in the bed which is pleasant. It's near the 805 Freeway which is great. It's about 15-20 minutes away from downtown San Diego.

The complimentary breakfast is more than satisfying. I made my own waffles and they were great. There's a Denny's right on the property but I wouldn't recommend it. I'd rather stay at the hotel and eat their breakfast. It's much faster and it's included in your stay. You won't be disapointed.

The price is very reasonable and all these elements keep bringing me back.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel4funBurbank_CA

Reviewed 17 February 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at the La Quinta Inn in Chula Vista for business just recently. The staff is wonderful! Ron Caton greeted us each morning as myself and colleagues enjoyed breakfast. There is a Denny's right next door if you crave eggs and such, but the breakfast faire the La Quinta offered was perfect for me. The selection included a waffle machine, 3 kinds of cereal, bananas and apples, bagles, toast, apple & orange juice, yogurts, fresh coffee and a comfortable area to sit with the morning news playing.
As I stated, I was there on business and as I checked out quickly on a Monday evening, I did not realize until the following day that I had left my lap top in my room. Ron & his staff quickly located my lap top and kept it safely until one of my colleages was able to get it.
All in all, it was a very nice stay. The hotel is located just off the 805 and freeway close to all attractions.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Having stayed in La Quintas before, I knew what to expect - basic lodging. I was visiting relatives nearby so I just need a bed, shower, and quick breakfast. I got all of that and thanks to Expedia, at a great price. My rating of this hotel reflects how it fares in its own class.

Check-in and checkout went smoothly and quickly. The staff was friendly and helpful providing a local map and directions to church.

Pool and excercise room looked fine but it was too cold to consider the pool outside and no time for excercise room.

Breakfast is make-you-own waffles, assorted breads and cerals, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, apples & bananas, and hot beverages. Not exciting but adequate. All plates and flatware are disposable items despite the notice that hot water is on a demand system to save energy! Depending who was on that day, you sometimes had to remind them to refill the coffee or other items.

Room was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was very large and had a large counter with plenty of room for both my husband's and my toiletries.

We had a problem with the tub not draining. A handyman was sent quickly. He suggested changing rooms but we had unpacked. He tried 'snaking' it and then returned with a chemical treatment. It was improved vastly. He was very courteous and concerned about us.

The location suited us just fine because we were five miles from my relatives in Bonita and it was just off the interstate highway so easy to find and access. There is a Denny's across the parking lot but better are all the nice restaurants in Bonita. Just cross under the interstate and travel inland on Bonita Road.

The free wi-fi was a little tricky to connect but worked fine once connected. That's normal in hotels and just takes a little patience.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2009

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights, with our 2 dogs and 2 cats. Our room was very clean and had a desk with 2 chairs, which made a good work space of preparing our pets food. The Continental breakfast was excellent, with a variety of juices, coffee, milk, fruit yogurts, sweet rolls, cereal, hard boiled eggs, sausage in a roll, and make your own waffles. The staff was very friendly, especially Hope and Marco. I had several conversations with the very “pro active” manager; Ron Caton. He seems to be a “Hands on Manager”, and he was always very visible and pleasant. We will definitely be stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2009

We recently stayed at this property for a weekend trip to San Diego. We chose this hotel based upon the recommendation of a "Dog-Friendly" website that we often use. We have stayed at other La Quinta locations in both Arizona and California in the past and have always been satisfied. Finding the location of the hotel after our six hour drive was no problem and checking in was trouble-free. Throughout the weekend it took 15 – 20 minutes to drive to the San Diego Zoo and not much longer to reach Ocean Beach so the location of the property was acceptable.

The amenities offered in the room were adequate for me, my wife and our two dogs; although I could have done without the dried urine spot on the tile in front of the toilet. I didn’t find it necessary to dwell upon the earwigs we had to squish or the extensive collection of cobwebs around the window. However, I was disgusted by the cockroach we found scurrying out of our bathroom on the second night of our stay. We were also annoyed by the children yelling and playing just outside of our room while we were trying to take a nap after a day at the beach.

Unfortunately our stay at this location will discourage us from staying at a La Quinta property again.

Liked – The convenience of free wireless internet in room
Disliked – Cleanliness, finding the cockroach really ruined my stay

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2008

We had to find a place that allowed pets and this was one of the only ones in the area that did. The property looked wonderful from the outside and our suite looked quite nice until we looked closer. I arrived exhausted but still performed my standard bed inspection only to find that the comforter appeared to be stained with what only could have been urine. The bathroom had a musty smell and the drain did not work properly. The maintenance guy was already gone for the day and my complaint about the bedspread was met with skepticism and an offer to have the head housekeeper come up and inspect when she got in(and that will help us how....????) The bed itself was clean so we threw the comforter to the floor.
We did not care for the handling of our complaints(really is it so demanding to require a clean bed and a clean and working tub?). such that we would not return to or recommend this property to others despite the spacious rooms and nice looking property.
This property definitely does not measure up to other La Quinta properties we have stayed at.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank aksnowgirl
Reviewed 14 April 2008

We were thrilled with our accommodations that were reserved that very last minu8te on the day of our arrival through Priceline.

I don't know if we just lucked out but we had a gorgeous room right close to the pool. The check in staff were wonderful and fast. Also, the location is right off the freeway 805 at Bonita. Really close to San Diego - like 5-10 minutes.

Loved it! We'll go back again!

Thank you Priceline!