“Hoooooooooooorible!”

Motel 6 San Diego - Chula Vista
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
Reviewed 26 February 2009

I stayed at this Motel 6 last night, knowing that its a, you know...Motel 6...not the greatest. When we got there it was alright, just like any other one. I noticed since it was so close to the 5 freeway that we could hear it. I thought no big deal, its not THAT loud. Well in the middle of the night the frieght train comes through there and it is sooooooooooooo LOUD it scared the crap outta me. It went on FOREVER. Then it left, and CAME BACK. It's a horrible location. The room was clean...BUT the beds are so freaking hard, and they only give you 2 flat pillows and I was there with my fiance, so we had to each sleep with one and fold it for more padding. I guess we for sure for what we paid for. Hmmmm. To say the least, we will NEVER be going back.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SOcal_Girly

Reviewed 25 July 2008

Stayed at this hotel for the fourth of july weekend, i had a conference in nearby DT San diego, Nice and convient to trolley. The hotel itself is ok has a weird policy about keeping a photocopy of your driver license on file with the police dept. the room was a little small but comfortable, after 9 security locked the gate and only registered guests may enter parking lot. also police circle hotel frequently. i was up at 2:30 one night and looked out my window and saw police with dogs searching the grounds (for what i dont know). I would consider staying here again in the future

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2008

Very Discourteous and arrogant staff . I had a booking made via the phone and they declined to accept that. I got a discounted price for booking over the phone and the staff present there (some guy named Jose) started telling me that the current rate is $XX only and if you want less than that..pls go to other hotels..started showing me the way out. How horrible and discourteous!!!
Bad Bad Bad...Will never stay in Motel 6 and specially avoid this one on Chula Vista San Diego.

Better to stay for a few extra dollars in some decent place than this one!!

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank MikeSantaCruz
Reviewed 2 May 2008

Booked through phone..price told $53.95..
When I reached there..at mid night they ask me to pay $75..Cant keep their word and bookings,

Bathroom Flush was leaking..

Dirty Bedsheets with some strange looking yellowish stains.

Hostile reception and beware of Lorena and there is one bulky guy at the reception..he might even hit you if you insist in paying what you booked over the phone.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank swaroopash
Reviewed 8 August 2007

All right, so it's cheap, especially helpful in San Diego, but you sure sacrifice a lot! The security is tight and sometimes unfriendly, though I guess that is necessary to keep whatever riff-raff out. (Though I have to also mention that one was kind enough to let me know that our car door was slightly ajar...on his routine parking lot inspection.) The room itself is decent, but when I was there, the motel had several police officers roaming the premises at night. I don't know why they were there, but I half-expected to see a body floating in the pool below. Like I said, it was cheap, and I was so relieved to leave.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
3  Thank apoge_31
Reviewed 5 December 2006

The same old Motel 6-you get what you pay for! The only probllem here is that the management has a policy of making COPIES OF YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE! Mine was removed from "storage" after I checked out and used to steal my identity! (I know this because the person confessed where they got my info.) They tried to tell me it is city ordinance, but I contacted Chula Vista Police and was told it is NOT. They only have to record your name and address for use by police if a crime is committed. There is nobody in management at this motel responsible enough to keep a copy of something so personal. They claim they are disposed of every 3 months, but there was no shredder there! They could go into the dumpster for use by anybody! BEWARE!

Stayed: October 2006
5  Thank jimandsid
Reviewed 5 October 2006

Clean.
Cheap.
Decent beds.
Rooms near the pool are very loud by 9:00 am.
Rooms facing east are quiet.
Only 10-15 minutes to Tijuana via the trolley ~ Same amount of stops to downtown.
Short walk to trolly station.
McDonalds & Black Angus in same parking lot.
AMPM next door.
Anut Emmas diner across the street.
Motel 6 is not my top choice of places to stay when headed to SD area, but since we don't plan the trip until we wake up that morning we don't always have a lot of choices. So if you find yourself in a tight spot this place will do in a pinch.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple