“Really unique and tasty tacos”

Tacos El Gordo De Tijuana
Ranked #1 of 436 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 February 2014

ok, so the place looks like a fast food joint, but you arent there for the atmosphere. You want unique great tacos. I read reviews on TA and Yelp, was in the area for business and I had to try it. I'm glad I did. I never had tijuana street tacos, didnt even know what that was. I do know I love tacos and I wanted to see if it ws as good as I read. I had the adobada tacos and they were fantastic. They carve the meat off this spit, kind of like what you see in greek places that carve the meat for Gyros off a stand up spit. This place had an amazing sauce that was also on the tacos. My coworker took one look at the spit and the color of the meat, which is red from what i assume is the saunce or marinade they use and decided to go with the asada tacos. I gave him one of my tacos because I knew he was making a mistake. Needless to say, he went back and got another one of the adobada tacos. It was that good. If you are around this area, you have to try it, and decide for yourself.

1  Thank Brian S

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Delicious tacos, sopas, tostadas and more! Just choose your meat and your toppings (I recommend always getting everything on it). Service is friendly, but be prepared to wait a while for your food on most days -- this is a popular place!

1  Thank Erica O
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The food here is great! My favorite is the Asada Taco and I must have a few of these every time I go. The food is good and priced decently. However, finding parking can be tough.

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Had the adobada tacos and they were sublime. For $2 it is probably the best food value out there. Had to mark down for atmosphere because there were some shady characters in that neighborhood, not sure I'd want to be there at night.

1  Thank broo53
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I love Tacos El Gordo! Too bad is not really close to where I live. They have the best adobada tacos you would ever taste. Cheap prices, awesome food...just go there!

1  Thank Luca D