“Street tacos without the street!”

Tacos El Gordo De Tijuana
Ranked #1 of 439 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Enjoy Tijuana "street tacos" while you sit comfortably inside. Not as cheap as Tijuana but the tacos are delicious especially the "Al Pastor".

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was before April 2013. I have eaten at Tacos El Gordo one time and will never darken their door again. My husband and I wanted to try it and we stood in line like everyone else. We were treated rudely. We felt totally out of place there. We took our food with us and to tell you the truth, I can't say if it was good or not. I'm sure it was fine. We were just so disappointed by the way we were treated. If they did not want locals in there, then why did they come to our City in the first place?

Reviewed 28 February 2014

ok, so the place looks like a fast food joint, but you arent there for the atmosphere. You want unique great tacos. I read reviews on TA and Yelp, was in the area for business and I had to try it. I'm glad I did. I never had tijuana street tacos, didnt even know what that was. I do know I love tacos and I wanted to see if it ws as good as I read. I had the adobada tacos and they were fantastic. They carve the meat off this spit, kind of like what you see in greek places that carve the meat for Gyros off a stand up spit. This place had an amazing sauce that was also on the tacos. My coworker took one look at the spit and the color of the meat, which is red from what i assume is the saunce or marinade they use and decided to go with the asada tacos. I gave him one of my tacos because I knew he was making a mistake. Needless to say, he went back and got another one of the adobada tacos. It was that good. If you are around this area, you have to try it, and decide for yourself.

1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Delicious tacos, sopas, tostadas and more! Just choose your meat and your toppings (I recommend always getting everything on it). Service is friendly, but be prepared to wait a while for your food on most days -- this is a popular place!

1  Thank Erica O
Reviewed 11 October 2013

The food here is great! My favorite is the Asada Taco and I must have a few of these every time I go. The food is good and priced decently. However, finding parking can be tough.