“Best TJ style tacos in chula vista” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 428 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Fast food
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Chula Vista, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best TJ style tacos in chula vista”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

okay first thing you need to know your going to have to get off your car so just accept that now. After that it's all good all of their tacos are delicious pretty darn close to their TJ locations just a few miles away but no crossing the border necessary.Order your choice of tacos they will ask what you would like on top (onion,salsa,Guac) ask for green onions so yummy. and be nice leave a tip you will be coming back here .. one of my other favorites is a Mula a must try as well. you can choose your choice of meat as well. salsa is delicious and yes when you see the menu it seems expensive but you will enjoy for sure a little party in your mouth.and like I said before you will be back.

• Visited February 2014

Chula Vista, California
“Best Tacos this side of the border”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Not much on atmosphere but great TJ street tacos. Try something different than the normal chicken, beef, or pork, you'll be happy you did.

• Visited December 2013
Encinitas, CA
“Street tacos without the street!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Enjoy Tijuana "street tacos" while you sit comfortably inside. Not as cheap as Tijuana but the tacos are delicious especially the "Al Pastor".

• Visited January 2014
Chula Vista, CA
“Not welcome here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

This was before April 2013. I have eaten at Tacos El Gordo one time and will never darken their door again. My husband and I wanted to try it and we stood in line like everyone else. We were treated rudely. We felt totally out of place there. We took our food with us and to tell you the truth, I can't say if it was good or not. I'm sure it was fine. We were just so disappointed by the way we were treated. If they did not want locals in there, then why did they come to our City in the first place?

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Really unique and tasty tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

ok, so the place looks like a fast food joint, but you arent there for the atmosphere. You want unique great tacos. I read reviews on TA and Yelp, was in the area for business and I had to try it. I'm glad I did. I never had tijuana street tacos, didnt even know what that was. I do know I love tacos and I wanted to see if it ws as good as I read. I had the adobada tacos and they were fantastic. They carve the meat off this spit, kind of like what you see in greek places that carve the meat for Gyros off a stand up spit. This place had an amazing sauce that was also on the tacos. My coworker took one look at the spit and the color of the meat, which is red from what i assume is the saunce or marinade they use and decided to go with the asada tacos. I gave him one of my tacos because I knew he was making a mistake. Needless to say, he went back and got another one of the adobada tacos. It was that good. If you are around this area, you have to try it, and decide for yourself.

• Visited February 2014