“Now I know what they meant”

Tacos El Gordo De Tijuana
Ranked #3 of 428 Restaurants in Chula Vista
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Escondido, California, USA
“Now I know what they meant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Food is amazing. Lines can be a problem , but not on Sunday am. We will take out of town visitors here

• Visited March 2014

Chula Vista, California
“Tacos El Gordo in Chula Vista is world-famous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

People line up to get the tacos de pastor (ask for them with pineapple - and onions, cilantro, guacamole). The quesadillas are amazing. The green onion and pepper side dish is extraordinary. Everything is good there. Carne asana tacos, cheek, head, tongue...

I wish it were easier to park the car. But there is always an open table - as impossible as that seems due to the sheer volume of people who order and devour those tacos!

Tacos are about $2 each. My 17 year old son orders 5. My husband and I are good with 3-4 each.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JilliMarie
Chula Vista,Ca
“Best street tacos around!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

This might be no frills dining, but the tacos are the best tasting anywhere! All the choices are good, but my favorites are the adobada and carne asada. Load them up with onions, guacamole, cilantro and salsa and you have a tasty meal.

• Visited April 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Definitely check it out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I had planned on going before getting there because I'd read the past reviews and it was worth it!
I started with just 3 because I figured that would be enough but nope.....I had to go back for another 3. Especially the Adobada! Normally I don't get all that extra on my tacos but I didn't want to be one of those that said leave off this or that. I'm glad I did everything because that made the whole taco taste so great!
Get there early because once you turn around it's busy with a line waiting.

• Visited March 2014
Chula Vista, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best TJ style tacos in chula vista”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

okay first thing you need to know your going to have to get off your car so just accept that now. After that it's all good all of their tacos are delicious pretty darn close to their TJ locations just a few miles away but no crossing the border necessary.Order your choice of tacos they will ask what you would like on top (onion,salsa,Guac) ask for green onions so yummy. and be nice leave a tip you will be coming back here .. one of my other favorites is a Mula a must try as well. you can choose your choice of meat as well. salsa is delicious and yes when you see the menu it seems expensive but you will enjoy for sure a little party in your mouth.and like I said before you will be back.

• Visited February 2014