“Great service and location!! Close to concert venue”

Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Chula Vista
“Great service and location!! Close to concert venue”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

Great front desk staff very attentive. My wife and I stayed there for the Depeche Mode concert being the closest to the venue. Our room was very comfortable and clean with all the amenities expected for a hotel of a much higher price. I also want to mention the awesome service provide by the taxi company the hotel called for us. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to a concert at the Sleep Train!!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank DrFirully
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 25 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. Everyone at the hotel is excited to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to exceed our guest expectations and we are very glad to find out we did. We hope you visit us again soon or when here for another concert. Again, Thank you.

Victor M. Carrera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Roseville, California
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We recently stayed at the Best Western Plus Otay Valley Hotel because it was advertised as being the closest hotel to the Amphitheater. Prior to booking the hotel I called and inquired on the ability to walk to and from the concert venue. I was assured that it would be no problem. I did appreciate when we checked in that the front desk had a schedule of the nights performances including what times each performer was to take the stage. The gentleman that checked us in offered us a taxi ride to the concert at a rate of $12 one way. When we got in the taxi we were told we had 2 options, standard route with traffic for $20 or a "shortcut" for $25. Upon leaving the concert and attempting to walk back to the hotel we found that there is absolutely no sidewalk or grass area to walk in. We would have had to walk against oncoming traffic on a very busy road. We had no choice but to get a taxi back. Having tried for over an hour to get a taxi to take us to the hotel, I called the front desk very upset and explained our dilemma and asked that they either send a shuttle to get us or call us a taxi. The man at the front desk refused and stated that "I should just keep trying". Upon finally returning to the hotel that evening we found that there was a leak coming from the air conditioner in our room and my suitcase along with the floor were soaked. The front desk did not seem to care about that either. I have stayed at many Best Western locations and this was by far the worst experience I have had at one between the taxi cost issue, the inability to get a ride back and the lack of care from the front desk staff for the ride and also the leak. We will not ever stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. I am disapointed a the fact that the taxi driver would give you to options, I have called the cab companies we work with and filed a complaint. This should not happen again. As for my staff, I will speak to them again about the walking distance from the venue because even if it is only 1.5 miles it is not advised to walk. When we contact a cab to go pick someone up to the venue the cab company will decline service because they tell us that there are always cabs out there. Even thought that is the case we should have tried to help you by going the extra mile for you.

My sincere apologies for the air conditioner leak. We do care and hope you can give us another chance by visiting us one more time.
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My friends and I came down for a concert at the sleep train amphitheater and this was the closest hotel I could find. It was a nice place, parking was a little tricky because the hotel was pretty full because of the concert but everything else was great. The location was great for what we were there for there was a lot of restaurants pretty close by and the room was well kept.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank whereyoufromfool
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We love to hear that guests have a great time when they stay with us. Hope you got to enjoy our pool and hot tub. Everyone hangs around the pool before the concert. We hope you visit us again when in Chula Vista. Again, Thank you for your comments.
Modena, Italy
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I chose this hotel because I thinked was in good location for visit San Diego.
I was wrong. It's far (about 20/30 km from the center) and I must drive for a long time in the hwy traffic to go in the place I want visit (Sea World, USS Midway, Coronado).
The motel is very close to hwy and it's a little noisy in the night, but it's clean and the rooms are large.
The breakfast included was good.
The staff was courteous but they created me a problem with a caution of credit card that it's been resolved a few days after.
The near petrol pump was expensive.

Room Tip: My room was facing to hwy and was noisy. I saw other rooms in the opposite side of Motel and I think...
1 Thank temtem2013
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that our location was too far from your destination. Although we are close to some beaches, Tijuana, Aquatica park and the Sleeptrain concert venue, we are a bit of a drive to the city center. Thank you for letting us know that we are doing a good job, we really appreciate hearing that. We hope you visit us again so that you can get to know the southern part of San Diego.
coarsegold, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2013

A nice clean place to stay that has been updated and is modernized inside. Decent complimentary breakfast. Maid cleaned well, but didn't restock supplies much. Wouldn't stop me from staying there again. One of the better Best Western's I have stayed at.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Susan T
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure housekeeping hears your comments about the cleanliness of our rooms. We hope to see you again in the near future.
Chula Vista, California, Usa
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Staff was very pleasant and helpful. The bed was comfortable and everything was in working order. Price was reasonable for the season and even though it is located next to a freeway, you couldn't hear the traffic. Good experience!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us. Your words are encuraging to our staff. We are glad to learn that you had a great stay. We hope to see you again at the hotel in your next visit to Chula Vista.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 August 2013

This is the closest location to the Sleep Train Ampitheatre, but not worth the hassle. I had called and asked to check in early, and was told a specific time to be there. Once I arrived, I was told that no rooms were available until check in time, but I named the employee that had told me I could check in early. I had driven 2 1/2 hours, but had to wait an additional hour plus to get a room.
The room was ok, but we did have to wait for towels, and then call because they were not delivered. We were on the freeway side and it was very loud. I had booked this hotel because I had two teenagers going to a concert at the Ampitheatre. I checked them in early and found that I could not get back to the hotel, because the police had blocked access from the main road. I was directed onto the freeway, going away from the hotel and had to get off at the next exit and figure out how to get back via streets. It took an additional 20 minutes. I could have done better by using my points at a hotel a little farther away.

1 Thank walker6325
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments.
We apologize for not being able to check you in earlier than the check in time. We normally don't have a problem doing so but this was the most important concert of the season and with so many people trying to check in it was hard to achieve everyone's requests.
We normally have all rooms ready by check in time and we make sure the rooms are to your expectations. As you say, even getting back to the hotel was a struggle. We hope you can give us another opportunity and you will not be disappointed. For us customer service is a priority.

Victor M. Carrera
Quality Inn Chula Vista San Diego South
Best Western Americana Inn
Best Western Americana Inn
#120 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel? Share your experiences!