“Reasonably priced, clean nice place to stay”

Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Chula Vista
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our eight day stay here was not only conveniently located for our planned activities with our California family but could not have been more pleasant for the price. The rooms and grounds were immaculately kept, quiet (even though located adjacent to a very busy freeway) and nicely appointed. The staff was very friendly and helped to make our stay enjoyable. We really enjoyed the Latin flare to the free breakfast bar with Chiquita, beans, fresh chopped cilantro and onions to accompany the usual American selections. We will use this facility the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator and ice machine on the upper floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Walt K
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your comments. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for all of your compliments. Our staff is proud to learn you enjoyed your stay. We hope you see you soon at Best Western Plus Otay Valley.

regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed in Chula Vista on vacation. Stayed only one night. Hotel staff is very friendly. The hotel is next to I-805. It's more like I-805 is in your room. We stayed in a room closer to the freeway and it is hard to sleep with the noise. Room was clean. There is not a lot of amenities. 1towel per person and 1washcloth. WHY? The bed is a bed. Air conditioner worked but it was loud too. Breakfast bar was included. It has hot and cold and everything was plentiful. We found the room on Groupon. Paid 77.00$ and wouldn't pay much more until you get more. Over all an Average hotel. Wouldn't stay again only due to the noise from I-805.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Tim S
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know about your stay we always thrive to provide better customer service. We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your comments will be used to better our service. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you visit us again and give us a chance to change your perception.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

1. This was last room hotel had, and I was told it was a smoking room, staff said it did not smell bad, I accepted to stay at hotel. BOY was she wrong,, it reeked. I happened to have bathroom spray, which I used almost a full can on this room to be bearable. 2. I KNOW I left my cell phone charger in room, it was connected under the desk. When I called the next day to see if it had been turned in, I was told I had to pick it up, by then I was in LA, I could not drive another 5 hours down and back to LA to rejoin my party...why would they would not put it in an envelope and just return it to me...simple.....then was told that housekeeping did not find the charger at all....hummmm someone found it ......

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank loyae

Dear Guest,
We apologize for not meeting your expectations. Our smoking rooms are unpredictable when it comes to people sense of smell. I am really sorry that we could not find your charger. We can mail lost and found items but only if the guest makes the arrangements. I apologize if our staff did not explain that. Thank you for your comments as they give us the opportunity to improve our customer service. We hope you give us another opportunity so that we can make your stay a pleasant one.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have stayed at several hotels in the Chula Vista area over the past 10 years and this is one of the Nicer hotels. It is easy accessible from I-805 and centrally located to South San Diego County. They have a great Breakfast Bar included in the room rate, very friendly staff, and nice clean rooms. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice average hotel room that is affordable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard H
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for coming back to our hotel. We are excited to know that you have returned and ejoyed staying with us. Yes we are adding and changing our breakfast constantly to make it great for our customers. We want to make sure you get a breakfast that leaves you wanting to come back for more. We hope to see you next year.

Regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We stayed here because we had a concert to go to in the near by area. Which we were grateful that is was so close. The rooms were nice and comfortable. Some of the lights didnt work in the room. And the location was right next to the freeway. Which was noisey. Also we had a case of water in the back of our truck, which got stolen. We didnt feel very safe. But overall, we were okay with the place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renae B
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest;

Thank you for your comments. We are really happy to find out that you liked the hotel. We hope you visit us again. I will make sure the staff learns about your experience.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Great service, nice rooms if you choose your room other side of the freeway otherwise it will be noisy. Morning breakfast was superb; location is just O.K.The guy at the front desk named Rene was so humble and cooperative. Free parking.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank crest92501

Dear Guest,

I am really happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay. Rene will also be happy to hear that you liked his service. Thank you so much for writing about your experience. We hope you visit us again.

Regards.

Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

The rooms are relatively nice for the price. We paid $79.20usd; a night, for a king bed. The bathroom are small and I don't mean hotel small. The neighborhood a 3 on the 1-5 sketchy meter. (5 being a seedy prostitution motel in a run down part of town) It isn't well lit in the parking areas. They haven't the slightest concept of security. I asked for a key to my room, I explained that my husband checked in the night before and the front desk agent merely made the key. He didn't ask for my I.d., credit card or even my name. They do have a fitness center but 4 of 7 machines don't work properly. Will most likely spend my a porrion of my meal allotment to get a better hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Akilah B
Bestwestern8555, Manager at Best Western Chula Vista/Otay Valley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear Guest,

We apologize for not meeting your expectations. We strive to make everyone's stay memorable. We hope you can give us another oportunity so we can change your perception. If some of our lighting did not work during your stay we can asure you it has been fixed. Thank you for your comments.