“Better Than Expected”

Cuisines: Italian
City of Angels
“Better Than Expected”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We had a late lunch here on Tuesday, August 19th.... I hadn't been here in several years because my last experience left me wanting....

Our servers Gabriel & Rene were extremely attentive, friendly & helpful.

I had the Pappardelle Pescatore..... Shellfish in a light tomato sauce over wide flat noodles... It was delicious and an ample serving; so I only have two small observations: not enough asparagus and a CLOSED Clam (that's not a good thing).... But otherwise excellent.

We also shared a pizza, again excellent, very tasty.....

The salad was a combo all you can eat & antipasto.....

I didn't have my usual margarita, because I have never liked their margaritas in the past, I have always sent them back, so I do not trust them to make one.

But overall, yes I'd go back.

• Visited August 2014

“Food never fails!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My family and I love olive garden. We come here often and we never have any problems. We always leave happy. We have been helped by Vanessa a few times and she is one of the best waitresses, she makes you feel at home. Keep up the good work!

• Visited July 2014
Eden
“Not a typical Olive garden Fan BUT”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Wasn't a lot of places to eat in the area and the group I was with chose Olive Garden for one of the evenings we were in City of Industry. Not being a big fan of OG I figured a review was still in order, The service was great which relates a 4 star rating and the food was hot but I do not favor anything on their menu - so overall I was pleased because of the service our waitress gave us!

• Visited November 2013
California Hot Springs, California
“Good food”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Typical Olive Garden. Nice setting and good food. Nice wide menu items. Always love the salad and breadsticks

• Visited November 2013
oregon
“Hands down, best service of any Olive Garden, ever”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I have been to many Olive Gardens because there are a couple of people in our family that always choose this chain. Service varies due to the focus the managers put on training, staff and how they interact with guests.
Last week, I was in So. California and someone in our party chose Olive Garden. I inwardly sighed since I had just had semi-bad service at an Olive Garden in Oregon. I agreed to go to this one in City of Industry just to go along with the other person's interests.
I was so pleasantly surprised! From the first interaction with 2 employees at the door/hostess stand to our server to the manager stopping by the table, this was first rate. I felt I was at a Michelin Star restaurant. I wish I remembered the name of our server because I would love to enter it here. Judging from the other servers I saw and how the manager was attentive to them and to guests, I doubt our server was unique. But he did have a certain verve for his job.
As far as the food goes, it is the same menu as all Olive Garden chain stores. I had the spaghetti with meatballs, Lasagna was also ordered at our table. We also had a which chocolate raspberry cheesecake (yumm!) and a chocolate mousse dessert. All of the food was standard for Olive Garden and very good.
What was way above standard was the boxing of our leftovers. Our server gave us plastic forks because he knew we were in a hotel. He boxed up the leftover salad (a first for me at Olive Garden). Then he got us extra breadsticks to take home! Wow!
We enjoyed our leftovers the next day.
Go here for service, enjoy the Olive Garden menu.

• Visited May 2013