Was in town for a wedding at the nearby Brookside Equestrian Center, and there was a room block here for guests. Driving into the resort area we noted immediately that the property was on the top of a hill, and the golf course surrounding was beautiful. As we were running late, we decided to valet the car, and they were gracious enough to let us keep the car in front until we were sure there was a shuttle to pick us up and bring us to the wedding we were attending. Check in was fast, and all the employees were very gracious and inviting.
The property itself felt a little old and outdated. The elevators were small, but when we got to our floor, we did notice that the hallways were wide, and bright.
The room itself was very nice. It was spacious (except for the bathroom) and furnished nicely. The large windows and balcony door with the view of the city and golf course was great and the shuttered window coverings gave the room a bit of additional class.
So why was it only good and not very good or great? Because it was nearly impossible to have a good night sleep. All night long there was a strange clicking noise that could be heard through the ceiling or walls, and every time an adjacent room flushed a toilet, or turned on a sink or shower, it was loud. It not for the noise, we would have had a great night sleep - but the random noises just kept waking us up throughout the night and in the morning.
There was a bar that we hung out at after the wedding in the lower level - it was a bit hidden, but they poured good drinks, and it had a good vibe.
So, it was only average - nice property and grounds, great service, but didn't have great sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pacific Palms Resort is the only full-service luxury golf and conference resort of its kind in Los Angeles County. Our glorious hilltop location set against the majestic San Gabriel Valley Mountains and many guest activities make Pacific Palms Resort unique even among the Los Angeles resort hotel circle.We are special to business and leisure travelers because we have what both need to enjoy a stay here, including facilities for a work-related meeting or event. Being within the San Gabriel Valley, but just half an hour from downtown L.A. is another bonus all visitors can appreciate-and we haven't started describing the property itself yet!At 650 acres, Pacific Palms Resort is one of the largest hotels within Southern California. It would take a long stay to sample all we have to offer: here you can find fabulous fireside dining overlooking Celebration Lake, a new spa and fitness center, and our famous 4-star, 36 hole Industry Hills Golf Club.We also take pride in the accommodations themselves. There are 292 rooms to choose from; all of them are beautifully appointed oversized guest rooms, with balconies and fine interior furnishings.The four major airports and four major interstates nearby make getting here a breeze. Come enjoy the spa resort, events venue and restaurants of Pacific Palms Resort for yourself! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Preferred Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Pacific Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Palms Hotel City Of Industry
- Pacific Palms City Of Industry