Pacific Palms Resort
Budget Inn(La Puente)
US$83
US$69
  • Pool
Azusa Inn Motel(La Puente)
US$133
US$78
US$70
Courtyard Los Angeles Hacienda Heights/Orange County(Hacienda Heights)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$79
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Grand Park Inn(Baldwin Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf resortgolf courses arethe san gabriel mountainsred restaurantnice resortconference centerlos angelesla areaenjoyed my stayfire pitfloor roomsouthern californiaself parkingcomfortable roomsfree parkingcimashutters
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I recently spend two days here (my second trip) and I like the place. I was traveling on business and someone else's dime so I don't even know how much the rooms are to say if they are worth the price or not.

The rooms are not huge but big enough and I had a great view of the golf course and restaurant patio. I would like to see a bigger vanity in the bathroom as it's hard to get all your stuff around the sink. We ladies like to travel with makeup, flat irons, lotions, creams etc.

As far as food goes, I thought the breakfast buffet was great. The eggs were not overcooked or runny and you had plenty of options. Our lunch was also served in the CIMA restaurant buffet style and I thought the food was again, very good.

The real standout however is Red Restaurant and Bar. I had one of the best burgers ever for lunch at the bar. On a previous trip I had dinner at Red and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I don't often expect much from a hotel restaurant but Red was excellent. And the outdoor patio was a treat for this northeast coaster.

Room Tip: if you are not a sound sleeper don't take a room on the restaurant side. The noise does travel right up to the rooms. I sleep like a brick so I was fine even with the patio door open.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The property is nice and the grounds are well kept. Our room was OK but nothing spectacular. Nice view of the San Gabriel Mountains. The Executive Lounge is really sub par. The breakfast spread is sparse at best and was not replenished both days we ate there. So, there were knives available nor any more bagels put out. There was no staff around to replace these items. Not a big deal but worth noting.

The bathroom in our room was a bit worn from use and could use to be updated.

The area around the resort has little opportunities in terms of luxurious properties so this is about as nice as you can get in the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I literally could not sleep because the walls were so thin I could hear the people next door going at it for hours. Even their breathing. It was ridiculous. The property is ok. The restaurant is waaaaaay overpriced. Free parking was deff a big plus. The location is seriously in the most random part of town. There's not really anything close by that you can walk to. Since everything on property was so overpriced, that would have been nice. The room was dirty. There was hair in the tub, the stopper was broken and the caulking was moldy. I like that there was free a small balcony. That was my favorite part. The hallways looked and smelled outdated. It was ok for the event I was attending (wedding) but felt like I paid way too much. Overall I wasn't impressed and I work for a limited service hotel...

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Kasmi123
Pacific P, Manager at Pacific Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for staying with us though we certainly are sorry about the
very unusual set of disappointments you experienced. We'd like to have
you back and would welcome a call to management to assist.

-Pacific Palms Management

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour.
The hotel was nice and the view of the surrounding golf course was lovely. The room was very comfortable
Checking was good but to get to the lifts you had to drag all your luggage one floor up on the escalators as the lifts did not come to the ground floor. That was rather strange.

The hotel is fairly isolated on top of a hill so if you dont have your own transport it is difficult to go anywhere.
No breakfast was supplied with our package.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ross W
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Was in town for a wedding at the nearby Brookside Equestrian Center, and there was a room block here for guests. Driving into the resort area we noted immediately that the property was on the top of a hill, and the golf course surrounding was beautiful. As we were running late, we decided to valet the car, and they were gracious enough to let us keep the car in front until we were sure there was a shuttle to pick us up and bring us to the wedding we were attending. Check in was fast, and all the employees were very gracious and inviting.

The property itself felt a little old and outdated. The elevators were small, but when we got to our floor, we did notice that the hallways were wide, and bright.

The room itself was very nice. It was spacious (except for the bathroom) and furnished nicely. The large windows and balcony door with the view of the city and golf course was great and the shuttered window coverings gave the room a bit of additional class.

So why was it only good and not very good or great? Because it was nearly impossible to have a good night sleep. All night long there was a strange clicking noise that could be heard through the ceiling or walls, and every time an adjacent room flushed a toilet, or turned on a sink or shower, it was loud. It not for the noise, we would have had a great night sleep - but the random noises just kept waking us up throughout the night and in the morning.

There was a bar that we hung out at after the wedding in the lower level - it was a bit hidden, but they poured good drinks, and it had a good vibe.

So, it was only average - nice property and grounds, great service, but didn't have great sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple