“Awful”

Price range: US$22 - US$33
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We create honest food and drink by combining the best ingredients, intentional preparation and creativity. Enjoy!
Reviewed 28 June 2014

When first opened, the food, service and ambiance were terrific. But slowly all of these have gone downhill. Now the restaurant is like its chairs and the typos on their menu--in need of immediate attention. The food, especially, has been off-the-mark. With each repeated visit the food has not only been inconsistent but also so-so, actually downright boring. On this latest visit, my guests and I tried different dishes and none were good. The pizza was dry and tasteless. The sliders, tho' ordered medium rare, were served raw; when re-served medium rare, the sliders tasted only of tarragon. The pate (made of duck with pistachio (tho' this was not stated on the menu) seemed store-bought, was pure salt. The French fries were hot but limp and soggy. Oh, the uncomfortable chairs, with chipped wood and covers frayed. Service was just okay, far from what it was. Perhaps the only saving aspect of this restaurant is the wine and liquor selection.

7  Thank G G

Reviewed 3 June 2014

It's a nice place but pretty pricey. We has a $50 lunch with a pizza and 2 apps and drinking water. Service was great!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a fun place to go. We like to eat on the patio when our grandkids are visiting. They can walk around before the meal arrives and we don't have to worry about them being too loud indoors. The food is very good and the servers are friendly. We usually like to order one of their delicious salads and pizzas.

1  Thank FLB
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Union on Yale is a really cool place to have lunch. The place looks very mid-century modern -- very cool and hip. Since it was a nice day, we chose to dine outside. I had the Porchetta sandwich on ciabatta bread. The garlic fennel roasted pork was so succulent and delicious. It also had fontal cheese and carmelized onions but those flavors were very subtle. The star of the show was the Union frites, that's fancy talk for French fries. These fries were beyond delicious! They were crunchy on the outsider and fluffy on the inside. They came with two different dipping sauces. I can't wait to go back and have them again. I'd also like to try one of their cocktails because their descriptions are so interesting.

Our service was very good. The waiter kept bringing me more ice tea even before I could ask for it. Also, our food came out quickly. My one complaint is that the sink is separate from the restroom -- it's in sort of a hallway area. When you wash your hands, the wait staff are walking back and forth by you and you kind of feel like you're in the way. I've never seen a set up like that in a restaurant before. I still give Union on Yale an excellent rating for the food and the great service.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Best cocktail: elder flower collins! Best pizza: all of them really (the mushroom one might be my favorite). Best dish: rosemary fried chicken!! Don't even look any further. Oh, then there's this miracle on a plate called seurat salad!! Forget it. Yum!

Thank Mesdhe .