“Close to I-10, Pleasant Stop Over if you need economy” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Claremont Lodge

Claremont Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
Upland, California
“Close to I-10, Pleasant Stop Over if you need economy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

Recently I needed a close place to house my Son and Grandson who were visiting for Disneyland. We were looking for an economy spot for two nights so he could be close to my house before embarking on his trip.

Claremont Lodge is easy access to the freeway and also to several good places to get a meal, and get some rest. The Hotel is just off the freeway-but- is just far enough not to hear the noisy traffic. There is a restaurant just across the street--but I really recommend the "NORM's" there across the way. This Norm's is always busy, but we have always had really good service, and good delicious entrees at a reasonable price.

The cost of the Claremont Lodge is about $60-$80 and there is a small pool if you want to take a swim. I was impressed because I had gone to talk to the manager the day before my Son arrived and wanted to check out the rooms. He said that he had had a complaint that the carpet was not new enough. He went on to explain that they were in the process of remodeling, and since the carpets are a bit aged, that may have been why a guest had complained. He showed me our room, and I told him it was fine. He sent a carpet cleaner over to the room anyway and had the carpets freshly cleaned just for us!!! How is that for trying to make your stay the BEST! The hotel will be remodeled sometime over this year to next year, but I found it suitable for an economy type stay. The room and bathroom was very clean, and the bed slept REALLY comfortable..there is a pillow top on it and I tried it out and wanted to stay myself!

I dont know if the reviews posted on Trip Advisor before mine were a different staff, but I found both the night clerk and the day clerk to be friendly. The night clerk told me they had a bad expeience with a former employee drawing complaints but had fired that employee.

This is not a Hotel for vacation luxury. This is an economy stay with convenience. I did not find any of the issues reported by others here on this site. I dont know why My family would have a better experience, but we did. I think travelors should ask to check the rooms of any hotel before they settle in. If you are looking for a more tasteful stay, then you need to expect $100 and above for the room price. For this price, in this area, the Claremont Lodge is suitable.

I looked at several close properties, and this one was deemed the Best in this price range. I also was not worried at all and after we left, there was no sign of insects or other hazards to staying there. I would put guests up there again if I needed them in this area, and economy was needed.

Room Tip: If you are a local, go by and talk with the proprietor and ask to see the room you can rent. Let the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank DeborahF2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

The rooms are junky and old, the wifi does not work, but I was just dropping my little brother off at grad school and needed a place to lay my head.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank uglychicano

Travellers are raving about these Claremont hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

My fiance and I were in town for an engagement party and decided to stay at this hotel because it was near the location and right off the freeway. From the outside it looked fairly decent. We paid for the room and drove to up the street to get some food to eat before going to our room. When we walked into the room I was immediately disgusted by the smell and the condition of the furniture. It looked like a motel for ex-cons or pimps and their hoes. I pulled back the blankets to see if the sheets were clean and if there were insects hiding in the bed. I told my fiance that I could not sleep in the room because it was awful. We grabbed our belongs and went to the lobby and told the front desk attendent that we would like a refund because we did not like the room. He said he would have to go look at the room first and that he would be right back. When he returned he began to yell at us and said that we could not have our money back because we used the room. I said we did not use the room we just checked in 25 minutes ago and went to get something to eat. We even showed him the receipt from the restaurant. He continued to yell at us and even threatened to call the police. I told him he didn't have to call the police because I would to it myself. When the police arrived they said there was nothing they could do and that the desk attendent said we could keep our room and stay the night but we could not receive a refund. We left and found a better room near the Ontario airport with Excellent rooms and customer service. We had to be for a room twice in one night but at least we could sleep peacefully knowing we would not catch a veneral disease laying in a NASTY bed!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank shhbro
Honolulu
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2010

Great centralized location near the Claremont colleges, restaurants, and malls. As a frequent traveller, I have posted numerous reviews. In doing so, I have always tried to keep an open mind. The "location" is as good as this review will get. The unfriendly front desk clerk gave me the impression that the Claremont Lodge was not interested in customer satisfaction. He was not helpful at all and was visibly annoyed by any questions posed to him. It was clear that he did not wish to be bothered by customers. The hotel offers products with cheapness that I would have never imagined possible: The towels were worn through, the brittle soap disintegrated, and the paper products were sorely inadequate. Poorly fitting bed linens on worn spring beds made sleeping difficult. Mold in the bathroom had me wondering about the company's concern for their guests' health.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Campusvisitor
Phoenix
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2010

i had such an awful experience dealing with the reservation person named, "Bingo" that I decided not to stay there. When I called back I got Bingo again and told him that I had changed my mind, he threatened to charge me a processing fee. He already has my credit card info, so now I am a bit scared that he may still charge me. What business does that, let alone a hotel? My reservation wasn't for another 4 months, I was well within the time to cancel and there is no mention of a "processing fee" anywhere on their website. I will never stay at this hotel. They need to work on their customer service.

• Stayed January 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank calculush1
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

I don't have time to write reviews, but am doing so now to help someone else from going through the same experience my family did. We got in late. The room was run down (hole in carpet under the sink) and smelled funny, but I thought we'd get through it. It's the kind of place you don't want to walk barefoot on the carpet and keep the bedspread far from your face- yeah, like that. By the middle of the night I was covering my nose with my T-Shirt. We should have asked to be moved, but we were exhausted. The next morning I complained to a very rude man working the desk, who had no intention of providing a discount. I asked him to come up to the room with me, but he refused saying that all the rooms in the hotels in the area have that smell from the pollution getting in the AC. Hmmmm. could that be? That day we went across the street to the Howard Johnson and the rooms were quite nice with NO smell and at the same price. The clerk working the desk at the HJ said they get customers like us fleeing the Claremont Lodge all the time. Do yourself a favor, spare yourself the agony unless you enjoy the abuse!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank journeyman28711
Claremont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2009

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE WORST EXPERIENCE WE HAVE EVER HAD WITH A PLACE OF BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Long time residents of Claremont moving to a new home.
We accidntly forgot our laundry bag in the room. We didnt realize until that evening after work, so we called the hotel around 10pm to inquire about our bag. We unfortunately talked to Sydney who provided the worst customer service we have ever experienced. He was rude and very unknowledgable about the hotel he worked at. Because he was unprofessional and rude, I asked him to provide me with his managers name or the owners. He said he did not know their names or the names of anyone he worked with and told me the only way our situation would be resolved was to talk to someone in the morning. I asked for that persons name and he said again he did not know anyones name he worked with. So i hung up the phone powerless and unsatisfied due to Sydnys unwillings to satisfy people who were guests at the hotel. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HORRIBLE HOTEL

• Liked — Nothing, Horrible
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2009
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank thomasjames0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Comfort Inn Pomona
#2 of 13 in Pomona
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pomona

Been to Claremont Lodge? Share your experiences!