“Superb comfort and service @ Casa 425”
Review of Hotel Casa 425

Hotel Casa 425
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
Reviewed 14 June 2008

My daughter and I were visiting local colleges and wanted somewhere to stay that was a "California experience". This small hotel is light and airy, immaculate, comfortable(terrific tempurpedic-type mattress), within easy walking distance of the colleges and the village, and the staff was exceptionally helpful. We've stayed in large, 4-star hotels and been disappointed with the accommodations or service. Whether enjoying the delicious continental breakfast or borrowing a DVD from the hotel's eclectic collection, Casa 425 is attentive to detail and refreshingly guest-oriented.

• Stayed: June 2008

Reviewed 19 May 2008

My husband and I are frequent visitors to Claremont as we attended college there and our daughter is now at Pomona College. We were thrilled to see Casa425 being built and with great anticipation we booked a large spa room for five days early in May. When we walked into the room-I smelled a strong mildew odor--but just opened the windows and thought it would go away. In addition-the carpet was badly stained when you walked into the room--didn't help first impressions. At one in the morning--the mildew smell was so bad I felt like I couldn't breathe--I decided first thing in the morning we needed to rectify the situation and check out and go back to the reliable and much cheaper Doubletree Hotel in Claremont. My husband checked out and discussed our concerns about the room. We were not offerred another room--in fact, the receptionist rather rudely said that the carpets had just been cleaned--if so--they were still wet and mildewy--and they didn't remove the stains! The receptionist did not apologize or offer any solution. Her only comment was that they had a 48 hour cancellation policy and they might need to charge us another nights room fee!! I might add that there were plenty of empty rooms--they were not full.They have in fact charged us for the night we did not spend in their substandard stinky room. My husband has tried to talk with the manager about the situation--but to no avail. We were told she would call him and of course she has not. Stay anywhere in Claremont but here! Or bring nose-clips!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suser
Reviewed 30 April 2008

WONDERFUL hotel -- we will stay here over and over because our son is going to school at Claremont McKenna -- we loved the location, the expansive room, the patio, and the breakfast provided.

Reviewed 22 April 2008

Spent 2 nights here while visiting the Claremont colleges. Nice location right in the middle of town, walking distance to restaurants and shopping. Unique layout with interior public courtyard and modern decor. They brought in a rollout bed for one night at no extra charge.
Pros: Great location, extremely comfy beds/bedding. Bright, airy rooms. Nice bar and breakfast.
Cons: A little noisy since we were on the ground floor right next to the maid service room; Can hear voices from people in courtyard, though there seems to be a reasonable curfew.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2008

I spent one night at Casa 425 while visiting my son at the Claremont Colleges. We have stayed at several different properties in the area when visiting him before and this is definetly my favorite. The location is perfect, right in the Village of Claremont and walking to distance to the movies and restaurant. The room was great with the balcony overlooking the courtyard, The atmosphere at the hotel was wonderful. My wife and I will definetly stay there the next time we visit CLaremont.

Reviewed 15 April 2008

We wanted a place in Claremont Village so we wouldn't need to drive once settled in, and Casa 425 exceeded our expectations. Our room was enormous, clean, comfortable, and elegant. My son particularly enjoyed watching movies (checked out from the front desk) while he soaked in the deep tub. We did not take advantage of the free continental breakfast as there were a lot of pastries with nuts (our daughter is allergic)--it would have been more economical to do so. I felt like we were at a seaside resort--which is saying a lot, given we were in the Inland Empire!

Reviewed 12 April 2008

The room was bright, spacious and very comfortable. We loved the over-sized tub separating the sleeping space and the lav. The fireplaces in the lobby and courtyard were great. The continental breakfast in the lounge included a beautiful selection of fresh fruit, cereal and pastries. We could not have asked for a more friendly and attentive staff throughout the hotel. The location makes it easy to stroll around town or visit the colleges.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Sheraton Fairplex Hotel & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Pomona
Comfort Inn Pomona
#3 of 15 in Pomona
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport
Best Western San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario, A Trademark Collection Hotel

Been to Hotel Casa 425? Share your experiences!