Hotel Casa 425
US$219
  • Pool
Sunset Motel(Pomona)
US$83
All reviewsclaremont collegessoaking tubpacking houseoutdoor loungecollege tourpublic garagecontinental breakfastfresh fruitspa roomwithin walking distancerestaurants and shopsthird floorfrench doorssmall hotelthe perfect place to stayrooms are largelocation is fantastic
Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for NYE 2013 and although the party was really fun the room wasn't so much. The major issue was that the toilet in the room stopped flushing around 2:00am. They just told us to "jiggle the handle" and it would be miraculously fixed. After complaining twice about this they didn't offer any solution to the issue. They didn't offer any compensation or to try to change our room. The guy just shrugged. If you want to stay here do so at your own risk. Our room was on it's own only near the elevator which was slow. The stairwell was on the opposite end of the hotel. In order to get ice for your room, you have to go down to the bar and ask for some. They don't offer room service either. I usually stay at Marriott or similar establishments so I guess Boutique hotels are not my forte. All I have to say is to really check everything and keep complaining because apparently I didn't yell loud enough for them to really care about their clients. I won't be back to this hotel again because for me toilets are somewhat a necessity when it comes to staying at a hotel. ;)

Room Tip: Ask about the room beforehand. Do not stay in 201! Try to stay on the side that doesn't face the parking structure.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jewls03
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed here to meet up with friends in the area and we didn't want to drive back to San Diego. We stayed in room 103 which was a nice walk out to the interior courtyard and bar area. The room was good sizes with a tub in the middle of the room. There was a memory foam mattress which was quite comfortable. The bar area was nice because there were large fire pits which were perfect for socializing all night with flowing champagne. Good hang out area. I was surprised that you couldn't charge the room as the bar is a separate business. The room was basic. We didn't try the wifi but my husband struggled a bit finding the premium cable channels. Would I ever stay there again....maybe. The only other choices were Holiday Inn Express type chains and we wanted to try something a little different. For gathering with friends, yes. If staying for more than a night...not sure. There are no frills with this property. No room service, etc.

Room Tip: Choose an interior room for best access. Great area for shopping.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 December 2013

I made a reservation about a month prior to my arrival. I've stayed here half a dozen times and enjoyed the service and aesthetic at this small boutique hotel during prior visits. Not this time. Our room 301 did not have floor to ceiling windows looking into the courtyard like all the other rooms we've stayed in before. You step off the 3rd floor elevator and enter room 301 through a solid single door in the housekeeping corridor. The room was spacious but carpet, draperies, tile and linens show signs of wear. The desk clerk tells me no other rooms are available for my two night stay. Strike one. We settled in and tried to access the wifi with multiple devices. Nope. When I called the desk I was told they were having trouble with this room. Oh and if you have apple products then you were really going to have wifi problems. Their tech guy might get to it tomorrow. I could use the computer in the lobby (next to the men's room). Strike two. The next evening we came in after dinner and I went down to the lobby a little after 8pm to check on the wifi which still didn't work very often. It's not fixed. Ok fine I will have a drink in the bar and read. Nope. Last call was at 8pm on this Sunday night. Strike three. Adaptable creature that I am I just went to sleep early thinking I could catch up on my sleep. No can do. At 6am on Veteran's Day morning I was jostled awake by what sounded like jack hammering in the parking garage across the street. This continued for about 45 minutes. The desk clerk told me this happens every Monday morning. Note to self. Did I enjoy my stay? The bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for room off of the main street on the inside of the courtyard and high up.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank mary12355
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The hotel is built around a central courtyard. The large rooms have a wall of windows looking over the courtyard. Unfortunately, the walkways go by these windows, thus cutting down the ability to leave windows uncovered at night. Overall this is very comfortable and good location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay - spacious room, cool vibe, friendly staff and community, and great location. Claremont Village has turned into a get-away destination and Casa 425 is right in the heart of it - everything is within walking distance. Perfect for a weekend retreat, and very close to Ontario Airport.

Room Tip: Reserve early - it's a small place and you never know when there will be an event in town and the hotel will fill up.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Ellen R