“Great Hotel Near the Claremont Colleges”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Claremont
GreenLeadersGold level
Salt Lake City
“Great Hotel Near the Claremont Colleges”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

The Doubletree by Hilton at Claremont is a great hotel if you are visiting the Claremont Colleges or the Claremont area in general. It is very close to the campuses and one of the nicest hotels in the area. The price is very reasonable for the high quality that you get. The pool area is clean and adequate size. The restaurant has a large breakfast buffet. But the seller of is the proximity to the campuses at an affordable price.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Dear ILoveItHot,

It is great to hear that you found the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont to be a great fit for you while visiting the Claremont Colleges. We are in great proximity to the colleges which is great and now offering shuttle transportation if needed.

Glad you got the chance to enjoy our great cook to order breakfast buffet during your stay, it is great.

We look forward to having you back with us.

Warm regards,
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Clarkdale AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

We were in town for a class reunion and got a package rate at the Doubletree. I stay here once or twice a year when I visit the area and it's pretty consistent...good but not superior. This stay we were told at check-in we had been upgraded to a deluxe room. No clarification on what that was, and I didn't think to ask. I also didn't note anything special from any other visit. Actually there were a couple of minor issues.

First, there was no clock in the room. Second, the safe door was open, but in the locked condition so it couldn't be used. I made a trip to the front desk and they were very nice and said it would be taken care of before we returned from dinner. It was.

During the night we were very aware of the parking lot (which our window faced from the third floor). Constant chirps and honks from alarms being set or disarmed. Then in the early morning, the persistent "beep beep beep" from a garbage truck making the pickup. Maybe a courtyard room would be quieter (and maybe that would be deluxe!)

Next day I thought housekeeping had accidentally discarded an important envelope. Back to the front desk for a discussion. They were very apologetic, offering multiple free drinks and even a breakfast. Then to my embarrassment, I found the envelope stuck inside something of mine in the car. Uh-oh. I went back and returned the vouchers and they were kind enough not to make me feel like a fool.

All things considered, it was a nice stay. I'll be back in January again.

Room Tip: If you can face the courtyard maybe you won't hear everyone's car alarm and the trash pickup...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Dear greyhound 64,

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor with you most recent stay with us. I do remember you up at the front desk and I am so glad that you found your envelope that had your receipts in it and housekeeping did not throw it away.

I have sent your response to housekeeping in regards to the room not having a radio, as these rooms are checked daily by 2 people so am not sure what went wrong there so our apology.

As for the upgrade to the deluxe rooms they are a little bit larger than our standard rooms, so this should have been addressed upon check in. I will address this with my front office manager to insure all guest realize the upgrades they may have received.

We do look forward to seeing you back in January and yes please ask when making your reservation that you would prefer a courtyard room. The hotel does have a no noise policy that we are very strict about, but with horns and chirpping birds this is something that is out of our control, I am so sorry that this was the case during your stay with us.

If we can be of help making your next reservation please call the sales office and we can assist you to insure you get a room that will best suit your needs.

Kindest regards,

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I am a Hilton Gold member so I travel often but dont always stay at Hilton properties. I have stayed here twice this summer and can say that the front desk staff are MUCH more helpful than other area HIlton properties. The rooms are excellent and clean and restaurant food quality is pretty good and bar drink prices were reasonable and I have had great service from the staff there. The grounds and pool are maintained very well too with pretty palm trees and shrubbery. If you are staying in the Pomona/Claremont/Ontario area I highly recommend this hotel - also the prices were very reasonable.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside facing room so that if you cant see the pool you can at least see the garden areas...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, 5 September 2012
Dear Brian b,

Thank you very much for your kind words of the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont and the hospitality you experienced. We do pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service as well as paying attention to all details and our guest needs.

I will pass on your appreciation to the front desk staff as it is always nice to be recognized by our guest.

Glad to hear you also enjoyed our beautiful pool grounds they are lovely and very well maintained by our engineering department and of course our gardeners.

Please let us know if there is anything we may be able to assist you with during your next stay.

Kindest regards,

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Stayed @ the Doubletree Claremont for three nights. Came in for business and ended up having a very relaxing few days. The beds were so comfortable and the room was super clean. Very nice courtyard right off of the lobby and restaurant. Pool area is very nice, great place to unwind. Room service food is excellent and the staff is very attentive. I did have a leak coming from my refrigerator and I told the room service attendant Bambie and she had the repair crew up to my room within minutes of telling her to fix the problem. Really did enjoy my stay and if I am in the area I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Dear Mary W,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay here with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont. It is great to hear that you were here on business but actually had the time to relax and enjoy the pool area.

I will pass on your appreciation to Bambie in the restaurant for her taking care of your maintenance request in a timely manner.

We do look forward to having you stay with us again.

Warm regards,

Bordentown, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stay here every summer! Staff is accommodating and always a warm welcome! The best part is the food service! Ed the manager and servicer/bartender Kee go beyond what is expected to provide great food and friendly exchange! Salads are fabulous and so is the morning breakfast Buffett! Staff works very hard to make you eating visits fabulous!
The only down side was the housekeeping. They took all day to clean the room and it's was done quickly! I had to call down daily waiting for towels and the same at the pool... Never any towels.
One improvement: pool should be open later... Closes too early!

Room Tip: Go for the larger room with breakfast
2 Thank Lily2629
Dear Lily2629,

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how you enjoyed your stay with us this summer. It is really great to hear how you enjoyed the food and the excellent service by Kee and Ed. I will pass on your kind words to both of them as well as to our entire restaurant staff.

Ed has really been working hard to insure outstanding customer service in the restaurnat and it is nice for it to be recognized.

Sorry to hear about the long time it took to get your room cleaned; this will be addressed with our housekeeping department so we can see to it that this will not happen again.

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We were only here for an overnight visit (arrived at 10PM, departed at 7:30), but were impressed. Clean, comfortable, and fairly quiet (especially the farther away from Foothill Blvd. you get). Very reasonably priced too. Bathroom was just average--the only criticism I have of the place, and it's a very minor one. Very polite front-desk staff. Very convenient to the Claremont colleges. Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Lovemyjob_10, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Dear CrabberWheels,

So sorry to hear you did not get to enjoy the DoubleTree by Hilton Claremont a little longer. I am pleased to hear you did enjoy your stay with us for the short time you were here.

I will pass on your kind comments to the front desk staff that is always great news to hear.

Look forward to having you back with us.

Ames
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

Overall: loved it, highly recommend and want to come back again.

Exterior: Your first impression is wow, this is nice, and it has lived up to that first impression. Others mentioned it feels more like a resort, and that is the feeling I get. There are multiple buildings that are separated by very attractive and well maintained gardens, bushes and trees. The buildings are close to each other so it is just a pleasant walk.

Parking: Plenty. Others mentioned there isn't enough parking, but they didn't drive around. There is parking on all sides, so they must not have looked hard enough. There is plenty of parking. Piano Piano, http://duelingpianopiano.com/ a fun entertaining dueling piano bar next door shares one parking lot with the Claremont DoubleTree, so that lot does get used more, but when we arrived at 5pm there was ample parking. If one lot is full, there will be another one just as close to your room on the other side.

Staff: The staff at the front desk are outgoing, attentive and fun and very willing to accommodate. Just ask and they will help. All the staff we met were happy and helpful.

Halls: I have to mention the halls. I love the detail, thought and the maintenance that went into just the hallways. No one really notices hallways, but I did and I really appreciate how much effort went into making this look so nice. There is a fancy light above every door, the walls have wall coverings, not just painted, the carpet has neat patterns that were installed by people that knew what they were doing. Someone else mentioned the elevator was small, yes the elevator was small to medium size, we had 5 people in it so it wasn't that small.

Room: We stayed in building 4 on the 3rd floor. We just happened to meet Earl who was happily doing preventative maintenance on the rooms near ours and probably ours too. Just another behind the scenes thing that will spoil you. A hotel that looks for and fixes issues before you find them. Our room was perfect, I could find nothing wrong with it. The bed and the pillows were very comfy, we watched the Olympics for a bit on the big flat screen TV. We had a balcony overlooking the tops of well maintained trees palm fronds and red tile roofs. One other small touch there is a refrigerator in the room it isn't sitting out in the open, but it is designed to fit inside the furniture.

Bath: Contemporary beautiful design. The pocket sliding door to the bathroom was such a cool touch and unexpected, plus granite counter tops in the bathroom.

Recycling: Every wastebasket is dividing into recycle and other. This shows they take the time and effort to help our environment.

Coffee: In the room we found a Wolfgang Puck coffee maker that will brew two different kinds of coffee or tea at the same time, it has room for two cups and two brewing sources plus real half and half. Just another small touch to spoil you.

Pool: We had a quick dip on the wonderful pool. It was 103 today in Claremont, so this was great. The pool is in the center of the buildings so easy access. There were a dozen newer cabana chairs in the pool area all matching. A hot tub next to the pool, and even beach towels in the pool area, so you don't have to take your room towel. The beach towels were big and nice and fluffy with green stripes to match the green chairs. The pool closes at 10pm and we would have used it after 10 but I can see why they have to close it by then because it is in the center of the property, so you want to have some quiet time.

Wireless: It was free! Quick and easy to connect, and worked well. Yayoo! I am writing this review from the room on the wireless right now.

Village: We met some friends in the Claremont Village downtown area for dinner which we walked to. The walk was no more than 15 minutes tops. It is all level walking and easy access. If you decide to drive there is lots of parking downtown in the new parking ramp next to the Packing house.

Yummy Cookies: You can't stay here without having at least one of the famous double-tree cookies. We got two from the front desk. They are amazing and warm and delicious. Plus we were able to buy large cups of milk from the restaurant to go with our cookies.

Restaurant: we are going there now for breakfast so I can't review it just yet, but it is located on the property.

Essentials Day Spa and Salon: There is a day spa on the property. Call ahead and get an appointment for a facial massage or a hair style and get even more spoiled. http://essentialsdayspa.com/

Nearby: 21 Choices Yogurt http://www.21choices.com/ is a 6 minute walk and you have to go there at least once in your life, this would go great with your DoubleTree cookie. Trader Joes is 1 minute walk. Buca Di Beppo http://www.bucadibeppo.com/ Italian Family style restaurant is a 1 minute walk. Route 66 is right out the front door, also called Foothill Blvd.

Summary: What a great place to stay. I hope I wasn't too glowing that you don't beleive me, but really it was just a very nice experience, and sometimes you just want to be spoiled.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremont
Hotel Casa 425
#2 of 14 in Pomona
BEST WESTERN San Dimas Hotel & Suites
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ontario Airport

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Claremont? Share your experiences!