“Date night in Claremont”
Review of Hip Kitty Jazz & Fondue Club - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hip Kitty Jazz & Fondue Club
Tustin, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Date night in Claremont”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The music is very loud, so give up any hope for real conversation, but this place did not disappoint. Live jazz music, swing dancing, and superb people watching. The fondue and drinks were very good; a bit on the pricey side, but not unreasonable.

Visited June 2012

Claremont, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for a girls night!”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This location is great for a night out with the girls (or a date with your special someone)! The ambiance is neat and mellow. The food and drinks are great, although the prices are not inexpensive. They often have life music inside and the outside patio available for those who want a quieter setting. Service is friendly!

Visited September 2011
1 Thank Jessica B
Albuquerque, New Mexico
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great music. Not for the finnicky, but I had a great time!”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I went with my brother who goes to school in Claremont. Paid $5 for a Stella, which is usual. Great band and a smoking patio with fireplace. It was my kinda juke joint. Great local hipster and rockabilly crowd.

Visited August 2011
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Music extremely loud, bad service and expensive”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

We could not carry a decent conversation as the music was extremely loud. Service was slow and rude. Food not worth the price. Patio lovely but they would not sit us there and nobody offered to help us find a table either. No servers went to the patio so we went indide again and found a table. Not a good place to meet with friends and chat much less for a romantic date, too loud.

1 Thank Lle2012
Ames
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“22 Seconds and a Yelling Obnoxious Waiter”
Reviewed 25 January 2009

We were showing our friends from West Covina, how cool the new Claremont, CA Packing House area is. We were always curious what Hip Kitty was all about. So we walked in to show them, and to check it out ourselves. Saturday night, January 24, 2009 at 8:30pm, and very crowded. Business looks good I thought, must be the place to be, I thought. There was only a small corridor of room for me to walk, I had just entered inside the front door, walking past a bar, following my friends to the Patio when someone said EXUSE ME, behind me. I had no idea they were apparently annoyed with me, then again, 3 seconds later very loudly: EXUSE ME !!!, I turned around to see an agitated waiter with two large plates of food behind me. It was crowded with no place for me to move, and if that dimwitted waiter had any eyes connected to his peanut brain, he would be able to see I had no alternative route. I turned left, he turned right, I walked out the back patio, and directly out the back door. Amazingly, it only took Hip Kitty 22 seconds for me to decide my money and I will never enter that front door again. Wow !!, such an extremely rude and arrogant attitude, especially for a business that lives and dies by how they treat prospective customers.

7 Thank Ed H