I am not much of a review writer but decided to join trip advisor as I just have to put in my two cents after our recent visit to this much less than perfect resort. Right out the gate they should tell you about what they call the algae problem that Clear Lake is experiencing when you make your reservation. From our water front cottage we could see what actually looked and smelled like raw sewage floating on the water top and deep down too. The birds can WALK ON WATER here!!! Seriously not cool... The smell makes you gag literally! The swimming pool is not a substitute as you are outside still in the stagnant breeze. Try picnicing out there at the tables! Not possible. The property is a non-smoking property...not non-smoking cottages but entire property. Try walking out to the penninsula in the stinking wind to smoke when you desire. Not possible at all. You are not permitted to smoke on your deck or anywhere on the property except the penninsula. Dumb and inconsiderate. It should be designated a non-smoking facility then! Don't trick people. Then there are the A/C units in the cottages. They turn off when no motion is detected! Can you believe it! You leave for awhile, you come back to extreme heat. You lay down to sleep and the A/C turns off! You musy get up to activate it again. Penny pinching from owners who charges top dollars for their cottages. Hmmmmm...I have to say though the staff was friendly enough but the cottages were not spic and span as I was lead to believe. Dirty bath floors were evident after one wipes up the wet floor from a bath or a shower and dishes kind of misplaced here and there in the kitchen looks like the washing of them was left to the responsibility of the previous guest. They need to be checked and freshened. We discovered that dogs are permitted in ANY cottage...not just the ones designated as pet friendly. They will make the exception to not turn you away. This was our case. Look for pet hair as it is evident in the cottages. Almost impossible to completely wipe out. My experience here was a sad disappointment for several hundreds of dollars. I will not go back!
with a white towel. Same with the rest of the hard wood floors in spots.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 18 brand-new cottages close to Clear Lake’s shore, plus a boat launch, ten slips, a pier, and our own grassy peninsula (with fantastic views of water and mountains), Lake Escape Resort is the place to stay if you want to fish, play, or just relax on California’s largest freshwater lake. We’re close to town and just minutes by boat to all the fun at Konocti Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and Cancelon so you can book your Clear Lake Cottages & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clear Lake Cottages & Marina Hotel Clearlake
- Clear Lake Cottages And Marina
- Lake Escape Hotel
- Clear Lake Cottages & Marina Clearlake, CA - Lake County