A shame really, as the accommodation was pretty good but as soon as you arrive, the stench of the lake is over powering. You just can't sit outside. Apparently the lake algae hangs around for months and rots on top of the lake. You just can use appropriate words on this site to describe the smell. DO NOT consider visiting Clear Lake unless you ring to check on the condition of the Lake in relation to algae.
The Cottages and marina were nice although well over priced. There are many derelict buildings and jetty's around the lake, not surprising as who would want to stay there.
Look for a better place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 18 brand-new cottages close to Clear Lake’s shore, plus a boat launch, ten slips, a pier, and our own grassy peninsula (with fantastic views of water and mountains), Lake Escape Resort is the place to stay if you want to fish, play, or just relax on California’s largest freshwater lake. We’re close to town and just minutes by boat to all the fun at Konocti Harbor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Clear Lake Cottages & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clear Lake Cottages And Marina
- Clear Lake Cottages & Marina Hotel Clearlake
- Lake Escape Hotel
- Clear Lake Cottages & Marina Clearlake, CA - Lake County