“Clear Lake Cottages & Marina”

Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Clearlake
Reviewed 14 August 2013

What a wonderful vacation we had. Years ago my family went here when it was called Ship & Shore Resort. It was run down and the owners were not nice to us. This new family has taken this resort, improved every area. They are the kindest most helpful people. You would enjoy being there. From the improved docks, pier, fish cleaning area, BBQ area, to the cabins. The cabins are so clean and they supply you clean towels every day and even your dogs are given beds, toys, dishes, and doggy bisquits. Wow is all I have to say. This is the best place I have ever stayed. The pool is great they even supply beach towels for you.

Room Tip: Don't let the run down city stop you. The resort is an oasis of greatness. Owners are the sweete...
1  Thank Sandi B

Reviewed 14 August 2013

If you are as hinky about clean hotel rooms as I am, you will love this place. Cute cottages surround a beautiful saltwater pool. We brought our boat which was tucked safely in the slip right next to our cottage. The cottages are clean and stocked with all the needs to cook up a great meal, they even have the all-important wine opener. Every need is handled including beach towels at poolside. Will definitely return when I have to come through town. Cathy, the manager is a gem!

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage facing the lake.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Forkingitout
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We used to come here when it was Ship N Shore over 30 years ago. It has been remodeled with perfection and we cannot wait to come back every year! This place used to be a home away from home for 2 weeks of my every summer and now that we have moved back to CA, this wonderful place "Clear Lake Cottages & Marina" WILL BE OUR NEW HOME AWAY FROM HOME FOR ME AND MY CHILDREN. It is not often that you can gift the gift of nostalgic memories to your children but now I can! I was refreshed, rested and so very content to stay here. #17 was the lake front cabin that we stayed at as children and now over 30 years later, I get to stay in updated #17...WOW! What a treat! The staff was excellent, the rooms spotless and the towels smelt so clean. LOVE, LOVE LOVE this place. I have such great pictures of my trip here that I will cherish forever!

Room Tip: #17 is lakefront and wonderful. #20 is also lakefront and much bigger. All of the units look so da...
2  Thank TheFunFamily1998
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I fell in love with this place. We were there 6 days and 5 nights. The grounds were beautiful, the staff was friendly and willing to help in anyway. The cottages were beautiful and clean well maintained. If you have ever been to Clear Lake you know how the towns are this place is a find you feel like your in a tropical Paradise. We will be back with everyone from our Family. AWESOME AND AMAZING

Room Tip: All Cottages are Amazing I was in 24 beautiful view of the Lake
1  Thank Carri S
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Clear Lake Cottages and Marina are the best in the area. Their cottages are family friendly, clean and updated. Their services are outstanding and they are willing to go the extra miles for your comfort. The staff is very friendly and very accommodating. They do have a nice pool, a launching dock for boats and a marina to park your boat. The location is very convenient and located right on a beautiful lake and fantastic view. for sure we will be staying their again. Thank you and keep up the good work!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank a05abar
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We (couple with 2 small kids) decided to book a quick getaway for a couple nights from the Sacramento area to Clearlake, a place we've never been before, on the 4th of July Holiday weekend. Booking was easy and the staff was very helpful. We were pleased that the property was very well kept, updated, and invitingly decorated for the 4th - seeing as there appear to be many other run-down and less inviting places in the area. The pool was a nice attraction for the kids as the, albeit very busy lots of other kids too. Too bad the lake wasn't more inviting to swim in or wish we had a boat. The lawn area by the water was a nice place to watch the fireworks over the lake. If I came back to the area (there are probably many other places I'd explore first) I wouldn't hesitate to stay here and I'd recommend it for others.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time- this a beautiful place. Well maintained and landscaped. Staff and Manager are excellent and on site. We wanted to come up in 2 weeks for the 4th of July but their all booked. This place books fast so make your reservations early 3wks in advance. We look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: I didn't see a Fitness center- but they do have a Pool, Kayak rentals- and DVD rentals as well...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearlake
Vista del Lago Lakehouse and Cottages
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Tallman Hotel
Tallman Hotel
#1 of 3 in Upper Lake

Been to Clear Lake Cottages & Marina? Share your experiences!