“Been worth it everytime...”

Best Western El Grande Inn
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Clearlake
Eugene, Oregon
“Been worth it everytime...”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I travel to Clearlake twice a month and I've found this hotel is pretty good for the value. I'm not to picky, so it's comfortable for my needs. Staff has always been nice. Rooms are clean. Very comfortable place to chill outside the rooms with a little waterfall and what not. The restaurant's food is fair. The only thing I could knock about this place is the restaurant staff. One women in particular. Don't get me wrong, she is a nice person but the rooms do offer room service and i usually go down to look at the menu and decide what to eat and when I tell her I'd like to have the meal in my room she gives me the run around about how it's so hard for her to wait on people and have to bring food to my room. The one time she did I tipped her almost $10, but the last few times there has not been a single person in the restaurant and she gets an attitude about having to do her job. So I wait and take it myself. I would not ask if there were other people that she is waiting on, but I've never seen a single person in all the times I've stayed there. It's only the one women. The other is more than happy to do her job and I have to Jam her tip in her hand. It's as if she feels she did not deserve the tip. Other than one staff member I really can't complain about anything else.

Room Tip: The top floor on the south side in the summer can be a bit loud when the air conditioner's are r...
1 Thank Barry_Marootner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Made reservation online. We are always doing some sort of business when we come here but consistently greeted, room is clean, and even allowed us to park our truck (with tools inside) where they could see it on the video surveillance.

Nice Job Best Western! You have my repeat business.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Sanger, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Made a rear ton by phone. Placed on hold 3 times. Hung up waited 10 minutes called back. She wanted to place me on hold again. I told her "NO, I want to make a reservation" she asked me to call back in an hour. I did, she said she could take my resrvtn now (should I be honored that they finally decided to let me stay there). Gave her my info and asked for best rate for The type of room I wanted and asked for ground floor due to access issues. She gave me the rate, I agreed. Done!
Except when I got there the rate was higher, ground floor was not noted and took forever to check in because the employee was interrupted by phone and other employees. When she gave me the paper to sign the rate was still wrong and she was annoyed with me! Really?
Ok, so we get into room and it is ok. Clean, roomy and clean. That's a good start. All goes well for the few hours we are in the room sleeping. Then it's. Heck out time. OMG! I'm in reception hell again. The lady at counter doing nothing gives my info to the busy lady and tells me she will help me when she is done and walks away. Ok, different union, maybe? I wait. The man she is helping gets his receipt and he tells her the print is so light he can't read it. She smiles and say she knows she has to change the ink in the printer. He waits but she tells him she can't do it now.
My turn - Oops phone rings. It's evidently the boss, she takes eons to get off the phone, seems there was a problem with a credit card res she couldn't process and gives him all the CC info right there at the desk in front of me! She continues with some plumbing issues with a guest room complete with YUKKY details. Finally hangs up. I get a friendly smile and she checks me out. I get a light printed receipt and I tell her I can't read anything on the page. Her Smile disappears and she turns around to busy herself - but not with the printer. Guess I'm dismissed. Bye bye BW Not so Grande in Clearlake!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Clearlake hotels

San Diego, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I came in dressed like a slob in dirty shorts and a T shirt and the receptionist treated me with the same courtesy and respect as when I left dressed in a suit for a job interview. She let me check in early and check out late. That was extremely important to me since I had a job interview at 1, and it was really hot. Beautiful hotel with court yard in the center. I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here based on a recommendation from a local resident. Supposedly this is the best hotel in the area. This is not a bad place to stay, it's just not a really good place to stay. So I guess due to the lack of any better places to stay you are stuck staying here. The room itself was large enough and clean although a little dated. I did get a good nights sleep as the area is very quiet. The hotel is in need of an update. Unless they build a new hotel in the area I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank vsattui123
Redmond, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Very clean and comfortable stopover for the money. Would not hesitate to recommend it. One of the best motel overnight places that we have ever stayed, and we are timeshare owners. Although the room was very clean and accommodating, we prefer staying at timeshares for long-term trips.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Davao City, Philippines
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The hotel or motel whatever they call it is generally clean when we initially check in the first night. It was comforting that it was comfortable and the sheets and towels were white.

However, there seemed to be some problems in their service. We wanted to brew some coffee in the morning but when we got water from their vending machine, there was none. I asked help from the front desk staff but she just helped me get my money back from the vending machine and that was it. There was no breakfast offered though there was a restaurant in the ground floor but it would have better value if free breakfast was provided since Clearlake was a small area and did not have accessible restaurants outside.

When we returned from our activities at the end of the day, we found our room the way they were when they left. We thought they did not make it up as we forgot to put up a sign but we were surprised that they took the trash out, our wet bathroom rug and that's it. Worse, they did not even replace the bathroom rug and left it just empty.

Hope they improve on their service considering that Clearlake is really a small town and if the staff were more accommodating, it would have made our stay better.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearlake
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
#1 of 3 in Upper Lake
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#1 of 7 in Lakeport

Been to Best Western El Grande Inn? Share your experiences!