“October Stay”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Clearlake

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Ione, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

The motel is old. There are cobwebs everywhere on the outside railing. The bathtub mat was moldy the wash cloths were old and dirt stained. The bed needed replacement. The breakfast was pretty much non existent. The staff did not seem to want us there.
Now the good stuff.
Good wifi and great TV. The pool area was neat. Great ice machine.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

San Jose, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

An excellent location that is really close to the boat ramp. They have electrical plugs for any boaters that need them and the rates are always decent. There is a few places to eat nearby so no going hungry when staying here.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank David944
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I took my parents to visit relatives in Clearlake, CA. The town's heydays have passed, and few nice hotels/accommodations exist. The Travelodge needs a lot of repairs. The pool gate was chained and swimming wasn't allowed while we were there (2 weeks before Labor Day).
We had a room with two double beds at the rear for the hotel, so it was quiet. The blankets on the bed had stains on them. The beds were comfortable enough for a two-night stay. The pillows were thin and needed replacing.
The door to the bathroom rubbed against the commode when you closed it. The water faucet in the shower leaked as much water as it sprayed. The water was hot.
Do not count on the "breakfast" which is dry cereal, coffee, and a cinnamon roll in a wrapper. A small side table contains the breakfast items, next to the check-in counter. The office can hold 4 people at most. The second morning my mom said they didn't have coffee when she went to the office. We ended up going out for breakfast, spending about $30 for it. You'd be better off staying at a place with a real breakfast, and putting the money toward the accommodations.
I would not stay at this place again. There's Middle Lake and other small towns near Clearlake that have hotels. We also asked at the Main Street Cafe, and they recommended another place with cabins on the lake.
When I travel I usually stay at Marriott hotels (including the Courtyard and Residence Inn). I've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. The Travelodge makes them look like 5-star hotels.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank TennisFan8

Travellers are raving about these Clearlake hotels

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

I frequently travel to Clearlake for both business and place and the Travelodge is my first option. They have nice, comfortable and clean rooms, especially given the reasonable rates. They also provide a nice simple continental breakfast. My kids really enjoyed the pool and hot tub. I don't know about some of the older negative reviews, but my guess is that some of them were before Jay's family took over management a couple of years ago. Jay and his staff have always been nice to me and my family. Thanks!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JohnnyBoy111
california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2008

Well it starts out as my fiance and I made plans to stay at this hotel through friends of ours to go to a concert there in Clearlake . We had planned to stay 2 nights but unfourtunatly it ended being only one. One of our friends son had a tragic accident and we all had to leave in a hurry. I had packed quickly and while on the road home I realize that I had left some items in the drawer of one of the dressers in the room. I called and talked with one person and then I got JAY :) . He had went to find my items (which some people might find friviless but were important to me) and by monday he had sent them to me. I do appreciate JAY and the patience he had with me as for my trip already being messed up, he turned a bad cituation into a little better one. I can't say perfect because of the loss of the son but I would deffinitly stay at this Travel lodge again and would recommend it to all of my friends and family. As for negitive reviews on the place I will not give one some people need to quit expecting diamonds when they can only afford a ruby which is still as beautiful ! THANK YOU JAY From Jeanette

• Liked — close to the area where concert was
  • Disliked — having to leave in such a hurry and not enjoying to get to relax
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank lynard
central California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2008

I found this place available for July 03-06 at the last minute. When we arrived we were greeted warmly by the staff. The room was ok, because we weren't expecting much but the bathrooms are small. However, it was made an overall positive experience by the friendliness of the staff. Upon leaving, my son had left his cell phone in the bed and didn't realize it until 150 miles away. We contacted them and they immediately searched the room for us and found. They then mailed it to us free of charge. Thank you for the positive experience.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — small bathrooms
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clearlake
Clear Lake Cottages & Marina
#1 of 1 in Clearlake Oaks
Tallman Hotel
Tallman Hotel
#1 of 3 in Upper Lake

Been to Travelodge Clearlake? Share your experiences!