“love this place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cloverdale
Cloverdale KOA Camping Resort
Reviewed 28 July 2011

we took a last minute trip up the road to the KOA for 4th of July weekend- the place was clean, and even though it was full, did not feel crowded. The kids loved everything and we felt safe letting them explore on their own. Loved the store and the people couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Cloverdale KOA Camping Resort

Reviewed 6 October 2010

We stayed at this KOA location on a weekday in October and virtually had the place to ourselves. It was easy to find from the 101 and the drive in was pretty, with vineyards dotting the road. The actual campground where the cabins were located had a small pond with a few ducks, very noisy birds and small trees throughout the grounds. The area that contained the much more expensive "Lodges" (slightly larger than the cabins and with a bathroom) did have a great view of the valley and was much more quiet and peaceful. After seeing the section of the grounds with the lodges and realizing that the entire campgrounds was empty, we asked about upgrading to a lodge, but unfortunately there was no off-season discount offered so we stayed put.

This was our first stay at a KOA campground and were excited to read the list of activities on the website. The price for a 1 room "kabin" was fairly steep at $86, this included one double bed and a bunk bed all with plastic coated matresses, no linens, bathroom or amenities. The bathroom was a short walk down a gravel road. We thought the $86 would be worth it for the list of activities that were available for kids such as ping pong, paddle boats, mini golf, a pool table and more. What the website did not tell us was that the pool table was out of order, the ping pong table was missing paddles and balls, the mini golf course was covered in too much debris to be able to actually use it and the paddle boats were not available. We did see on the website that the pool would be closed for the season so that was not a surprise. To the manager/owner's credit, she was very pleasant and did not charge us for playing mini golf, it is normally $5 per person.

The biggest disappointment for me was that the website advertised that the campgrounds had a cafe with waffles, hot chocolate, lattes etc. for the morning. We planned on enjoying all of this for breakfast only to discover that the cafe was only open on Sat. and Sun. Really wish the website had mentioned this, as we didn't pack breakfast. Yes, we should have called to double check, but we were still disappointed. We ended up leaving immediately in the morning so we could get breakfast for our daughter.

All in all, I feel like the nightly rate should be reduced in the off season since many of the activities/amenities were unavailable. We will stick to staying in state parks and private campgrounds from now on where prices are a bit more affordable, the surroundings are less man-made and we won't get our hearts set on activities that not available. Not a bad experience, just not for us.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank junebug237
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My experience was so different than the reviews I have read here. I just got back from a stay at this KOA and I paid 45.00 a night... not 85.00 (85.00?! Maybe that's the price for hookups.) The place was spotless during my stay, including the bathroom and showers (Though I used the women's side only.) I had a tent site with oodles of shade and an amazing view and the staff was very welcoming and helpful. The pool was nice. I watched the sun go down in the hot tub with a glass of merlot. All in all, just a really great KOA.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 July 2010

I have stayed in many KOA's from Florida to California. They tend to be a little more expensive than other campgrounds, but I can live with 10 bucks more for wifi, etc. Well, this place charged us 85.00 a night which to me is outrageous. I failed to ask the price when making a reservation because they ALL have been around 45.00 bucks a night. Well once there, I was locked in because KOA's are non-refundable. Okay, so I figured lets make the best of it. Yeah right... First, you only get one hour of wifi, then you have to pay for it. Second, the showers were gross. When I complained to the manager about paying 85.00 a night and only getting one hour of wifi, her response was "well, 5 years ago, you couldn't even get wifi" like I should be happy with what I got. Are you kidding me? You can get free wifi at starbucks. Oh, speaking of that, you could get a latte at this KOA for more than what it costs at starbucks, and if you want to buy waffles in the morning you have to pay an extra dollar for syrup. This place has really turned me off to KOA. I will look for any alternative from now on.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank airbender
Reviewed 28 June 2010

I stayed at this KOA this past weekend... What a disaster ! The restrooms were so disgusting both days I was there I couldn't even stand to go in them... The poor staff girl that was trying to clean the men's room was gagging as she cleaned.... I complained to the staff and their reply was that I was supposed to let them know they were dirty ! ! ! Geeze for a hundred bucks a night it seems I wouldn't have to do their job for them ! As for the other things like the trash, I just threw mine on the top of the pile that was supposed to be a dumpster. Yeah it was overflowing too, right into the road... The staff needs to remember camping doesn't mean staying at the local land fill... As for the sites... Most have no shade and I had to ask for a different one because the hook up wasn't working... Good luck staying here !

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank MrCamping
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Best Western Dry Creek Inn
AutoCamp Russian River
AutoCamp Russian River
#1 of 9 in Guerneville
Kelley & Young Wine Garden Inn

Been to Cloverdale KOA Camping Resort? Share your experiences!