“Short Stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cloverdale
Rugeley
“Short Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2012

Stayed here 1 night while returning to San Francisco. Nice looking hotel on arrival. We checked in, were not impressed by the receptionist. Best discribed as dour. Our room keys were presented in pre used paper wallet. Even though the room numbers had been erased they were clearly visible. Cost cutting to the extreme. The room itself was dark. The door being partially under the stairway to upper level rooms. On enering the room we noticed lots of flies, though the room was clean. The seat to the work desk was worn as the bracing beneath the seat was easily felt. Breakfast itself was fine, though the windows on the back of the room would have benefitted with a clean

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Santa Clara a Velha, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

Room was good (our FIRST room was completely undone, and we had to go back down and get a second room.) - AC had one setting: FULL ON. Never did figure that one out, and finally simply turned it off at 1:00 am, and opened wide the windows. - Clock kept fast time, and couldn't get it fixed until check out the next day, so it went off at 2:00 am. Finally pulled the bed out from the wall, fumbled around and disconnected the clock, and guessed what time it was the next morning.
But the room was good; plenty of towels, pillows, etc. Continental breakfast was much more than Motel 6's "cup of coffee continental breakfast".
But way way overpriced; should be maybe 100-110, so our final price was maybe 40% high. Way overpriced.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank zinkj0114
Somerset, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Checked in Aug. 25, 2012. Called enroute for availability. Full but would call if room became available. No word on arriving in Cloverdale & proceeded to BW to check availability. Room was available. Checked in, tired. Found dirty sock (Ew!) on floor + candy & gum (chewed). Our Bad but we stayed. I should note room was shown on-line & in AAA book at $139 +
Bill in AM was $179 + tax. I approached "Julia" Patel at desk noting that their might be an error. Received a TIRADE that I was trying to get out of payment. Things deterioriated from there. Cancelled my AmExp charges on the spot. Let them sweat. I regret that I did not look at reviews before my stay. I have passed on bad attitude report to BW Corporaste & other (much nicre) BWs in area.
BizMaven

Room Tip: Try another hotel in area.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank BizMaven

Travellers are raving about these Cloverdale hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Arrived with an hour to spare before attending a wedding event. Unpacked all luggage quickly and tried wireless connectivity on my computer. Didn't work. Went to the office, where it did work. Went back to our room where it still didn't work. Went back to the office and the gal, with a smile on her face said, "It must be your computer. Mac's have problems connecting here." That sounded absurd to me. She said to try a room upstairs (in the same building as the office as opposed to the one across the parking lot). Wireless did indeed work there. We packed back up and moved everything to the new room. Sweating like crazy now with only 15 minutes before we were to be at an event 15 mins away, I jumped in the shower and we were off. Arrived late to the event.

Arrived back to the hotel around 10 that evening and the key to our room didn't work. Went to office to get another key. Didn't work. Went back to the office and the same gal with a smile on her face said to me, "What did you do to make the key not work?" I couldn't believe she was blaming me for that. She said I must have kept it with a credit card in my wallet and it deactivated the key. I told her I left the key in the car while away from the hotel. She said, "It was the high temperature inside the car that caused the problem." All this while smiling and not taking responsibility at all for any of the problem. She followed me to the room and tried a master key; even her's didn't work right away but finally opened the door.

Next night we returned to the room, same thing, key didn't work. Without going into too many more details...we waited for 20 minutes (at 11 PM) while two different people tried their master keys. Finally they decided it was a dead battery in the door and they opened it and then changed the battery. Not our fault after all!

Overall, this hotel isn't bad but the attitude of the gal at the front desk continually surprised us. The rooms have refrigerators, some that open the wrong way, making it difficult to access. The closet rod wasn't low enough for us to easily hang our standard hangers on. The showers are new and good. The beds are comfortable in an average way. Lighting for reading wasn't great.
No light at the desk.

I'll look for a different hotel in this area next time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank BajaAna
Visalia, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I did not even have to enter the hotel, i checked online but their website is very confusing. So i called and asked if they had any weekend availability for the month of august because i planned on skydiving in cloverdale. I called at approx 11:45 on july 29th pm shift and the lady that answered just said "best western", not even a good evening how can i assist you? So i had to ask all the questions. But in return all she said was "You're gonna have to look it up yourself" "idk" "were too busy" "i can't help you"...her exact words. What kind of customer service is this? I have front desk experience, that is not how i was been trained. Maybe you guys should hire nice employees, someone that doesnt sound like theyre drunk on the job and actually enjoy doing their job. Im not booking my trip here anymore, found a best western in Pismo Beach & will be skydiving out there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank monetestrada
West Jordan, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

My experience seems very different that some of the others. We were able to check in quickly, the lady at the front desk was very nice and personable. Our room was clean and didn't smell of smoke. The bed and pillows were very good, and the room was very quiet and it was easy to get to sleep. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, just the average menu that most hotels offer. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Smiley451
Colton, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

We traveled from Portland Or. down to Luguna beach and back to Portland, we stayed in best western hotels most of the time. Boy when we arrived here we received the shock of or trip traveled aprox. 550 miles that day walked in to get a room I asked for a pet friendly room please, the lady said we don't take pets, I sad all Best Westerns have a pet friendly room. she went and got the owner she came out and said we don't except pets andyour not welcome here..... Do not waste your time wth ths one. I can not rate ths one because it is a 0 out of 10 drve a few more miles for another best western . Thanks for considering my experence with this one before booking...

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank jghn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Vineyard Valley Inn
#1 of 4 in Cloverdale
Auberge on the Vineyard
Auberge on the Vineyard
#3 of 5 in Cloverdale

Been to Cloverdale Wine Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!