“It is what it is”

Cloverdale Wine Country Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cloverdale
Reviewed 25 July 2008

We stayed here for a couple of nights for a mini family reunion in the area. It's a fairly new property; the rooms are quite clean. It is significantly more expensive than comparable BWs we have stayed in just down the road in Eureka but this is wine country so it is probably the most affordable decent accommodations available in the area. Although it is next to 101, we stayed in that wing and didn't hear any noise. We didn't experience any rudeness from the staff or mgmt but they aren't the type that dotes on guests either.

Downsides: the pool was dirty (many dead bugs aside from fallout from the fire); nothing is within walking distance (after being in the car all day, it's nice to stretch your legs), and there just isn't a lot in the area for families with kids to do. (not the fault of the hotel).

If you are planning a stay of more than one night in the area, and cost is not an issue, I'd say go for something with a bit more character and location ...

• Stayed: July 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 19 July 2008

The room itself was clean (we also stayed in 214), but none of the trash cans had bags, the towels were too few, and the tourist/TV information booklets were out of date. The breakfast room was very inconvenient with little selection and several things empty (OJ and milk). The pool was dirty - which was somewhat understandable, given recent fires - but it could have been cleaned. In the room, the air conditioning unit was incredibly loud - thankfully, loud enough to drown the neighbor's TV, but it woke us up every time it went off or on.

This is what I'd expect from a run-down Motel 6, not a pricey Best Western. I was disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 13 July 2008

We recently stayed at this property, in order to be close to Anderson Valley and Mendocino area wineries. This property was less expensive than staying in nearby Healdsburg, which is the reason we chose it. The room was adequate, and the location was good for our purposes. We enjoyed the town of Cloverdale and the surrounding area - the area feels less crowded and busy than Napa Valley and more small town America, with little pretension. We found the service at the hotel to be less than satisfactory, especially from the management, and the breakfast was rather poor for its type (self-service, cold continental). We never could get into the sauna/exercise area (advertised as an amenity at the hotel), and we had to ask at the desk for towels for the pool (which wasn't very clean). The hot tub was not working, and looked like it hadn't for some time. The furniture by the pool was in poor condition (cheap quality, broken). I would think twice before booking this hotel again - only if there was nothing else in the price range.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2008

We use this hotel as one night stop between Mendocino and Sacramento. I do not have any major problems with this hotel EXCEPT the bottom sheets! They are not tucked in. They are too short to be tucked in; it makes it hard to sleep

Please, please buy correct size bottom sheets, and make a bed the correct way.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2008

Room ok but the breakfast was poor, most things had run out and no one was in attendance to refill, and this was at 7am Had to keep on ringing the bell to get assistance. Overpriced for what was provided.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank ray_taylor
Reviewed 8 May 2008

I had to have a room for Saturday night during the PASSPORT wine festival. I looked around the area and I ended up with this hotel. The room was fine, it was clean and had a fridge and microwave. I thought the price was little high for a Best Western, but I didn't want to pay the $$$'s to stay further south in dry creek valley. I understand value for $$$'s spent - the room was adequate and the location was convenient enough.

My only gripe is with the so-called breakfast. I walked in to grab a cup of coffee and a snack. I left with nothing. They were running out of things and obviously hadn't kept up with breakfast service.

The apple juice was 99% water. That obviously hadn't been replenished. I dared to try the coffee. It was probably 85% water. I poured out both and didn't bother trying anything else. I expect it would have been less than spectacular. There is a convenience store just down the road that I highly recommend.

Like I said, stay if you must, but there are better choices...

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 April 2008

At 2 AM the guest in the room below mine turned on his TV with the volume high. I thought that this would only last a short while. At 3:30 AM with the noise still preventing me from sleeping I called the office of the motel and reported the noise. For the rest of the night there was no change in the loud noise from the TV below. At 6:30 AM when the office opened I went to the office and reported the problem again (TV was still on). The man at the desk acknowledged receiving my call earlier in the morning. As I was unable to sleep (the reason for which I was staying at the hotel and paying for a room) I requested some accommodation such as reimbursement or points on my Gold Crown Club account for a night's stay. I was told there could be no accommodation for my sleepless night. I do not expect all guests to be courteous in their behavior, but do expect the management to correct problems that arise during one's stay. I will be less inclined to patronize Best Western in the future because of this experience.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank FQTTRVLRSD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Vineyard Valley Inn
Super 8 Cloverdale
Super 8 Cloverdale
#1 of 4 in Cloverdale
Kelley & Young Wine Garden Inn

Been to Cloverdale Wine Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!