“Outstanding!”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Cloverdale
Santa Rosa, United States
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The staff at this hotel went above and beyond for me and my kids. I couldn't have asked for a better stay especially since I was travelling alone. Thank you for an exceptional stay, can't wait to come back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
san francisco
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We needed a place to stay on a busy weekend ,our usual place in the area was sold out .We made reservation at the Cloverdale Best Western to check it out. The rooms are simple ,clean, looking out on the walkway.
Location is next to the freeway.
Managed very tightly. We wanted to have tea and seat in the breakfast area and were told to live and go to the room.Very unfriendly.

• Stayed October 2013

Travellers are raving about these Cloverdale hotels

Saratoga, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The experience of staying here has really made me question whether I can trust Best Western as a brand any more. This hotel was far below the standard I expect of them, and for ~$130/nt was waaay overpriced--it feels like a $40/nt motel. The exterior is dingy, the room was musty, the bed hard and uncomfortable. The lighting was dim and yellow-tinted. The sheets, towels and TP were all super scratchy. The toilet handle was dirty! I mean, that is really, really gross! The walls are paper thin so normal activity is very audible. The continental breakfast options were all unhealthy - even the yogurt had sugar - and I didn't end up eating anything. The hot tub was decent, though charmless. At least it worked. That's about the only good thing I can say about this place. Definitely will be looking for a different hotel to stay in next time I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Rachel P
Santa Rosa, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Good hotel liked the fact that it was within walking distance of bar and grill that I was having meeting at. Very nice sized room. A lot of amenities. Overall very good experience and stay. The beds were pretty comfortable, but the pillows left a lot to be desired. Very quiet area and was able to sleep in somewhat. The 11a.m. check out I didn't like but still not a bad hotel. Will definitely be using this hotel in the future for any further stays in Cloverdale whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed 30 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The only disappointment about this property was its price: at well over $100 a night for a walk-up rate I felt it was overpriced by close to 100%. It's an anonymous Best Western inn, well-maintained and comfortable but certainly not in a high-demand area to justify the rack rate. (Judging by the parked cars, I'm sure the property was more than half-vacant the night of our stay).

Cloverdale is a nondescript waypoint for travelers heading north or south along the 101 in northern California, and the Cloverdale Inn the nearest lodging to the 101 exit. It's difficult to grasp how the proprietors can prosper at this price point, unless there's no viable lodging competition at all, which may be the case. Perhaps most travelers, exhausted like we were, simply pull in at the first driveway with a lighted "Vacancy" sign.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Everything was fine until a cockroach (over 1 inch long) was spotted. We chased it around the room, finally killed it and took it to the front desk. This was the response: "We spray for bugs every month. If you aren't comfortable you can go to another hotel." The manager's response was even worse. "9 out of 10 times this isn't a problem (meaning 1 out of 10 it is). The bug probably walked in the room while the door was open. I'll give you your money back and you can leave."

Since we were exhausted (and other close hotels were sold out) we stayed. We briefly inspected the room so we could feel comfortable sleeping. Upon further inspection we found food around the edges of the bed and spiders in the curtains.

At around 11pm the manager called to harass us and yelled,"I saw you open the curtains in your room. You don't need to inspect the room. We don't need your money. You can just leave."

This is the poorest service I have ever received at a hotel and I travel quite often. This is also the first time I've ever written a negative review because the service was so poor and disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Megan C
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Nice hotel with a clean room. Room included fridge, microwave and hair dryer. Pool and exercise room on premises, but did not use either. Our room was outfitted for the handicapped, as the tub had a bench, several grab bars and an adjustable shower head. Breakfast was offered with a small variety - cereal, toast, mini-muffins, hard boiled eggs, waffles, coffee and juice. Friendly employees.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cloverdale
Vineyard Valley Inn
#1 of 4 in Cloverdale
Auberge on the Vineyard
Auberge on the Vineyard
#1 of 5 in Cloverdale

Been to Cloverdale Wine Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!