“clean, good ol American breakfast”
Review of Owl Cafe - CLOSED

Owl Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Nice walk from dan town, enough to tat, good ol American food. Nice waitress. A step back in time...

Reviewed 28 February 2014

My parents live in Cloverdale. We had never stopped here. It was a good place to eat. Good service and food. Most of the patrons were seniors. Not sure if that's good or bad. We had fish and chips. Good choice. We will go back next time we are visiting.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Too bad this place doesn't live up to it's long time presence in Cloverdale. Only had breakfast here so can only write about it's quality. VERY average, eggs, potatoes and bacon. As usual with most cafes, toast made with typical "Smart and Final" whimpy bread... with coffee 10.00 plus tip. That would be OK if the food was good.

1  Thank David U
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was a little unsure when I walked into this diner. I expected greasy food recently defrosted and heated. However, I was pleasantly surprised. I ordered the homemade corn beef hash because it was one of their popular specialties. It was delicious! The corn beef was fresh, not from a can. The hashbrowns were real potatoes shredded and cooked perfectly. On top of it all they serve fresh blackberry jelly with their toast that was also delicious. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stopped here at random because the name of the place looked interesting. This is a real glimpse of the 1960s roadside cafe. The place is bright and airy with Formica counter-tops and comfortable chairs. There are is a line of old style fans stirring the air although there is real air conditioning as well. The food is good and real. Beef was actually used in the making of the hamburger. When I visited, the staff was cheerful and helpful, and there were several obvious regulars having lunch in there as well. Prices are decent, especially considering the quality of the food. I will certainly be back next time I'm in Cloverdale.