“A Special Mother's Day”
Review of Wine Cube Tours

Wine Cube Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Cloverdale
More attraction details
Owner description: Wine Cube Tours is an innovative tour company based in Sonoma County providing you with a custom wine country adventure. While small wineries are the focus, upon request we can integrate other industries which have become the backbone of today's Sonoma Wine Country. Spend one day with us and you will have the option to visit unknown wineries, farms, cheese-makers and olive oil producers. We keep things small by only accommodating up to 6 guests to allow for a more intimate experience.
Linden, New Jersey
“A Special Mother's Day”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My mom and I finally made our trip West to Sonoma and decided on going for Mother’s day this year. After checking Trip Advisor, I found Wine Cube Tours and sent an e-mail. Raymond responded back quickly and after some e-mail exchanges and a phone call, he set up the perfect day for my mom and I. We visited two wineries in the Russian River Valley that had such beautiful views. The first had an outside tasting bar with wonderful sparkling wines. At the second, we enjoyed a Mother’s Day picnic at a private table on their outdoor patio amongst gardens and the vineyards. It was just perfect. Raymond was so attentive and informative of everything about wines and winemaking, the different Regions, so it was also a learning experience for both of us. We visited a third smaller vineyard in the Dry Creek Valley and was also just as spectacular that also farmed olives. When our day was coming to an end, Raymond offered and took us to the perfect town store to pick up some delicious cheeses, breads and fruits for us to take back to the Inn where we were staying in Cloverdale. He took care of having the several bottles of wine that we purchased that day shipped back to our home state. I couldn’t have expected a more enjoyable day spending that time with my mom. I highly recommend to anyone visiting Sonoma or Napa Valleys to plan it with Raymond so you can truly sit back and relax as he guides you through the area sharing his knowledge with you. Cheers to you Raymond!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wine Country Concierge”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I were visiting Sonoma, and our goal was to visit small wineries that we never would've heard of otherwise. Raymond, the owner of Wine Cube Tours, blew our expectations out of the water.

We stumbled onto his service after clicking through all the limo services in the area. I'm sure some of them are great, but I wouldn't consider myself "limo people". It seemed like exactly what we were looking for - an unassuming way to go around wine country with an expert.

After reaching out to Raymond, we conversed a few times via phone and e-mail. Based on that, he put together two perfect days for us, using our preferences, which wineries we've enjoyed (and not enjoyed) on past trips. During the course of these conversations, he also helped us put together aspects of our trips (restaurants, wineries, etc) where my wife and I would be on our own.

For the tour days themselves, everything was fantastic. Raymond picked us up at the house we were staying in exactly on time. The car was very clean, and is a lot more spacious than it looks (I'm a big guy, 6' and 240lbs, and I had no problems in the back seat). It was well stocked with water, and he also had a picnic-style lunch that we pre-arranged during the trip setup.

Raymond got us into all sorts of smaller, fantastic wineries that are mostly closed to the public. It was all I could do not to join the club at every place we stopped. The second day, based on a request from my wife, he took us to a cheesemaker. We were able to tour her facilities, aging room (including tasting right off the rack), and farm (the highlight of my wife's day was being able to carry around baby goats).

Bottom line, we'll absolutely use Wine Cube Tours again, and we're recommending it to all our friends and family for visits to CA Wine Country.

Visited April 2014
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Your ONLY choice, because anything else would be stupid!!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I found Raymond on TripAdvisor and once again, TripAdvisor has done good!
After an initial contact via email, Raymond got back with me quickly, set up a time to discuss our wants and needs via phone, then sent us an itinerary for the day.
He picked us up at our B&B in the Cube, which was clean and comfortable (I suffer from motion sickness when in a back seat, and the Cube had great site lines, so I had no problem) and off we went.
He had scheduled 4 wineries for us to visit, but along the way, due to our tasting and buying preferences, he added one and switched others. He nailed it though, and we came home with quite a bit less money in our wallet and 80 extra pounds of luggage (and some great memories to be enjoyed with friends in the future!)
Raymond gets lunch from Savvy on First in Cloverdale. It was delicious. My husband is still talking about his BLAT. Obviously it was not your usual BLAT!
Raymond also gave us a few recommendations for our other day in Sonoma, which were spot on.
Best of all (beyond Raymond's professionalism and great personality) is his knowledge of wine. We learned so much about growing and the process. It was the best mini-seminar on wine production ever!
You cannot go wrong if you hire Raymond for the day, so just do it!

1 Thank Kwik303
Pasadena, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The Hidden Gem of wine country”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

As I sit here enjoying my glass of Sauvignon Blanc from Truett Hurst, memories of my husbands and I very recent wine anniversary trip come to mind. We sat in red wood lounge chairs over looking the dry creek, eating a hand made and packed lunch provided by WINE CUBE TOURS.
WINE CUBE TOURS, in my words is a hidden gem of wine Country, with Raymond at the helm, leading you through beautiful wine country. Through research and recommendations, my husband and I stumbled upon WINE CUBE TOURS. Let me tell you, best decision we made! We actually booked him for two days, which was definitely worth every budget friendly penny. Wine cube tours, not only takes you to wineries but also, to creamery’s and olive oil producers, which is ever so cleverly placed in the label of the company. You not only get a ride around the county but you get a vast array of education about wine, vineyards, grapes, soil and so on. Raymond is so knowledgeable and passionate about the wine industry he makes your experience so wonderful, inviting, and personable for all levels of wine lovers. He is truly an ambassador for wine country. Raymond was so attentive of our needs, giving us great recommendations for restaurants, and other wineries to see. He set up our picnic lunches from a local chef who creates menus just for him, he carried our wine purchases and put them in a cooler so they would be at perfect temperature, and refilled our water bottles. Raymond is well known and respected around the community making you feel special when you say you were on his tour. After speaking to him, months before the trip Raymond had a perfect tailored and innovative two days planned for us. Just by our conversations over the phone, he knew our style and planned accordingly. We tasted through Sonoma visiting nine different wineries and a local cheese maker, where we were able to taste our way through the cheese maker’s coolers. Such a memorable an enjoyable time, cannot wait for another trip back out to wine country to visit more wineries with Raymond.

2 Thank Juliann B
West Palm Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Anniversary trip to wine country”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We planned a cycling trip to the wine country and came out a few days before our tour started. Since we had a free day I looked for something to do.I found Wine Cube Tours on trip advisor and it sounded great. Great is an understatement. Raymond customized a trip for us after speaking with me and a few emails.He nailed it!! Every stop was incredible and we couldn't of asked for anything better. It is amazing all the people Raymond knows and his connections. The highlight of our trip was the visit to Kendall Jackson for a food and wine pairing. We sat under a gazebo which overlooked the grounds and met the head chef ( who Raymond knew). It was incredible. Besides the wine tastings, we stopped at a cheese maker and got a private tour of the process of making cheese and best of all tasting all of her delicious varieties. Another stop was to an olive oil producer. It was very interesting and we tasted several olive oils as we were getting an education on the process. All these stops were catered to requests I had mentioned to Raymond. He is an outstanding host, great guy and very personable. Just the conversations we had between stops were enjoyable and very educational. We will definitely return to wine country and Raymond is on the top of our list. My only regret is we couldn't spend more days with him. Wine Cube Tours is exceptional.

Visited April 2014